Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has kleberson changed his name to klebinho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    has kleberson changed his name to klebinho?
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Many people when they just say rugby they mean union.
    That creates a problem when introducing Rugby League in countries such as The Netherlands when the government would not allocate funding to Rugby League because it had the same name as "Rugby".

Took ages to convince them that it was a totally different game played under a totally different set of rules.

If you talk about Rugby in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria and parts of Cheshire most people mean Rugby League. So whats it to be then?

I also love the way that the first "Rugby World Cup" was actually a Rugby League world cup played long before its Union counterpart but people fail to recognise that.

I was recently reading the development plan for Ireland Rugby Union and in a document that spanned many dozen pages not once was the term "Union" used.

Sorry for going off on a rant and whilst I do apreciate that in Australia Rugby means Union and people refer to the 13 man game as Rugby League it still annoys me when it is done in Europe.

So if I decide to click "Rugby" what am I voting for? Union, League or both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    LMAO
    lol, someone told me that a few weeks ago and this thread reminded me

ReputationRep:
    Because whenever someone says that their name is Paul, you think "Oh, as in Gazza".

ReputationRep:
    What time is the kickoff?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing kick off is at 8, they're still doing all the pre-match build up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'm guessing kick off is at 8, they're still doing all the pre-match build up
    Cool, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    ...well I sure hope the team do better than the 'cheerleaders'.

You know here at portsmouth we have our very own cheerleader.... he does the job of an entire squad only with the help of his mate with a drum. He has a large hat and a bell... maybe some of you know him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    The 2004 Tetley's Rugby Super League Grand Final has today been declared a Sell Out.

The last remaining tickets were sold on Sunday morning, and a capacity attendance of 65,537 will now watch Saturday's Championship decider between Leeds Rhinos and Bradford Bulls. (Reduced capacity due to TV screen for video ref decisions)

The news follows on from last year's Sell Out Grand Final between Bradford Bulls and Wigan Warriors.

Commenting on the announcement, Richard Lewis, the Executive Chairman of the Rugby Football League, said: "This tremendous news is a clear demonstration of the massive popularity of the Tetley's Rugby Super Leauge Grand Final and also shows the ever increasing popularity of the competition itself.

"The Tetley's Rugby Super League Grand Final now enjoys its position amongst the nation's premier sporting events and we feel sure that Saturday's Championship decider will be a fitting climax to what has been a spectacular and hugely successful season.

"All supporters who are going to the event should get there as early as possible and enjoy the extensive entertainment on offer."
    I'm going, but it's a bit of a rush from my lectures at midday in Cambridge to reach the match in Manchester on the train system... Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I'm going, but it's a bit of a rush from my lectures at midday in Cambridge to reach the match in Bradford on the train system... Fingers crossed.
    Good luck going to Bradford. You will be the only person trying to get into Odsal on Saturday night given the fact that the Grand Final is being played at Old Trafford .

And you have lectures on a Saturday - I have heard that some places do! How do you find it?

There are about 7 of us going from Hull, some of us are at the uni others not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Good luck going to Bradford. You will be the only person trying to get into Odsal on Saturday night given the fact that the Grand Final is being played at Old Trafford .

And you have lectures on a Saturday - I have heard that some places do! How do you find it?

There are about 7 of us going from Hull, some of us are at the uni others not.
    Why on earth did I write Bradford? Ah well. No excuse being a Leeds fan as well. As for lectures on a Saturday, it's only two hours (10-12pm 6 days a week) and the terms are only 8 weeks long. Have only just started, so the workload hasn't piled up yet, but I think I'm enjoying it (although it's difficult to find a pub to watch it on sky down here - got a bunch of 6 or 7 people together though for the Leeds - Wigan match and got it put on at the Baron of Beef up the road (only place in the centre of Cambridge with a sky box!).

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad match going on. The celebs are very unlucky to have Bosnich off. He was supposed to even things out, and probably the legends wouldn't have scored.The celebs hit the post, and are unlucky to be behind. The celebs are giving the legends a good match and are playing well.
    And it's great to see Ian Wright back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Not a bad match going on. The celebs are very unlucky to have Bosnich off. He was supposed to even things out, and probably the legends wouldn't have scored.The celebs hit the post, and are unlucky to be behind. The celebs are giving the legends a good match and are playing well.
    And it's great to see Ian Wright back.
    what the hells this? what channel is it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Why on earth did I write Bradford? Ah well. No excuse being a Leeds fan as well. As for lectures on a Saturday, it's only two hours (10-12pm 6 days a week) and the terms are only 8 weeks long. Have only just started, so the workload hasn't piled up yet, but I think I'm enjoying it (although it's difficult to find a pub to watch it on sky down here - got a bunch of 6 or 7 people together though for the Leeds - Wigan match and got it put on at the Baron of Beef up the road (only place in the centre of Cambridge with a sky box!).
    Oxbridge have apparantly extended scholarships to people who are good at Rugby League. I think that 2 are available next academic year allthough I have forgotten at which University.

I am about to start week 5 of a Law degree, it really has been lots of reading from day one.

ReputationRep:
    oh god
    another silly sky one thing

I watched some of it and it was stupid.. like someone trying to sound really serious like "...okay... this is it... I'm making you a sub..." like its something really serious

I cant stand sky one at the moment because of all these rubbish programs. and like 1 in 10 (this time it was nip tuck) is actually worth watching. if they didn't play simpsons I would never watch them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    what the hells this? what channel is it on?
    sky one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    oh god
    another silly sky one thing

I watched some of it and it was stupid.. like someone trying to sound really serious like "...okay... this is it... I'm making you a sub..." like its something really serious

I cant stand sky one at the moment because of all these rubbish programs. and like 1 in 10 (this time it was nip tuck) is actually worth watching. if they didn't play simpsons I would never watch them
    The actual match is actually much much better than the previous match programmes this week put together.

ReputationRep:
    can I just ask, who got premierleague manager of the month for October?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't watch ANY of the previous programmes on this ... but I've been looking forward to the actual match for a while Shame I haven't heard of ANY of the celebrities!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.