Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    That is for psychos!
    Why? It's a fast ball sport :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why? It's a fast ball sport :cool:
    LOL saw it on Jackass or a variation of it!

ReputationRep:
    Photo from Russia V U.S.A. Rugby League (13 man game) earlier this year (or was it last year?).

The stadium holds around 85K and whilst it is sparse there is probably still about 20K there, maybe even 30K (bear in mind you can only see 1 stand).

So much for "a few hundred" spectators.
    I don't know who the hell they are, but they're sitting in the away sector. That's Luzhniki stadium and the club I happen to support and watch on the stadium 7 times is Torpedo Moscow. If you go to this link you can browse through the pages for other matches and notice that the stadium is empty.

ReputationRep:
    That's an alright game..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    too popular in Spain. (or is it one of its variants?)

ReputationRep:
    LOL saw it on Jackass or a variation of it!
    That's basically it, but with harder balls than oranges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    too popular in Spain. (or is it one of its variants?)
    It came from Spain. Not sure on variants but I'm guessing Spain might be a bit different to say Mexico and/or USA. Jai alai = pelota vasca

ReputationRep:
    is it competetive?
    what are the rules?

ReputationRep:
    Competitive, very.

Rules http://www.fla-gaming.com/rules.htm

ReputationRep:
    Basketball is the best sport to both play and watch.

ReputationRep:
    Tickets are changing hands for crazy money on EBAY. People are offering £150 for a £32 pound seat.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the booing (by both sets of fans) started when someone shouted 'Come on Wales'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    bigle (or at least, hs brother) deserved to be booed,; his life was worth less than keeping those mass murdering women in captivity, and he was being so selfish by saying ken should be freed by any mans neceessary
    are you drunk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    are you drunk?
    I was

ReputationRep:
    Did they show the streakers on Sky .

Twas an interesting match overall. Though it was funny cos the people behind be kept trying to start a wave and kept failing to get it beond our box. But in the end, they managed it and it went around the whole pitch about 5 times and people were paying more attention to the wave than to the match.

Also Robbie who happened to go past me afew rows up.

ReputationRep:
    ~

ReputationRep:
    ~motorcycle GP for watching only, though it can be hard staying awake for all 20 laps :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mark is right: Have you combined both Rugby and league into both?

I know that here nobody would ever say Rugby and refer to league, Rugby here is Union and league is referred to as League. But In other places of the world they might not see the corrolation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I know that here nobody would ever say Rugby and refer to league, Rugby here is Union and league is referred to as League. But In other places of the world they might not see the corrolation.
    Yup, you try getting funding for "Rugby League" from a governement in a development area when they have already allocated money to "Rugby".

ReputationRep:
    Don't expect too much investment in sport from governments too much these days, let alone rugby league!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.