The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Iluvatar
Try a formation with 11 Goalkeepers...
That would probably make it fairly close.

Goalkeepers are kept out of formation otherwise 4-4-2 would be 1-4-4-2 :tongue:
NDGAARONDI
What is soccer exactly? :tongue:

:confused: :confused: I thought everyone knew what soccer is! Its what British people mean by 'football'.

Can I ask what country you come from?
I love football!!! Wish I could play in a team...I set one up at school for the U16s but then I turned 17 and couldnt play! Lol.
Reply 6643
Should he have fouled that player in order to get a yellow card? It meant that he could then serve out his ban whilst he was injured and miss a 'less important' match against azerbaijan?

If so, should he have told the press he did it on purpose?

Just interested in everyones opinion! :biggrin:

PS Sorry I forgot how too put the poll on! :frown:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3735276.stm

Why the **** did becks tell everyone about it? If he wasn't stupid he wouldnt tell everyone surely..or is there another deeper twist
Reply 6645
he wud have gotten away with it if hed stfu
Reply 6646
alkaeda
he wud have gotten away with it if hed stfu

exactly what i was thinking personally. having said that he's brought up the issue of something that has been occuring for years. so maybe it was intentional. who knows? :biggrin:
i'm sure everyone else (or most) will agree that he was right to get the yellow card, but should have kept hid mouth shut
razormylight
so maybe it was intentional. who knows? :biggrin:

okay, i think we're thinking too far ahead now.....he's not that clever! :biggrin:
Reply 6649
mockel
okay, i think we're thinking too far ahead now.....he's not that clever! :biggrin:

lol, true. :biggrin: obviously not, for letting on about why he did it! silly beckham.

Great goal against wales though, don't you think? :wink: :biggrin:
razormylight
lol, true. :biggrin: obviously not, for letting on about why he did it! silly beckham.

Great goal against wales though, don't you think? :wink: :biggrin:

yeah, of course, no-one can really argue with that (although someone probably will :biggrin:)
Reply 6651
mockel
yeah, of course, no-one can really argue with that (although someone probably will :biggrin:)

There's always one! hehe :biggrin:
poor sportsmanship in my opinion and its probably just to divert attention to that rather than his failing marriage...like anyone gives a ****e
technik
poor sportsmanship in my opinion and its probably just to divert attention to that rather than his failing marriage...like anyone gives a ****e

it is poor sportsmanship, but i'm glad he done it
technik

OOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo......saucer of milk for technik
Reply 6655
technik

lol :biggrin:
i do get the point about bad sportsmanship though. he could've injured that guy he fouled, and all so he could avoid annoying suspension. I know he's said he didn't ever intend to injure the guy (whoever it was), but he could've; there's always a risk. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
goldenbarnes
OOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo......saucer of milk for technik

im a man city fan, so hate beckham, and IIRC it was ben thatcher he fouled...
plus beckham is far too camp for my liking
TheWolf

Why the **** did becks tell everyone about it?
Maybe he wants to get suspended for longer.

razormylight
lol :biggrin:
i do get the point about bad sportsmanship though. he could've injured that guy he fouled, and all so he could avoid annoying suspension. I know he's said he didn't ever intend to injure the guy (whoever it was), but he could've; there's always a risk.
I don't see how anyone could have got injured from the challenge.
Reply 6658
mc_watson87

i donno, he could've. there's always the risk. although, i suppose he's had enough experience to know how to tackle! lol :smile:
mc_watson87

injured crotch maybe :confused:

:biggrin:

thanks mikey- guess who just got me a new gem :biggrin:

Latest