Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Many people had thought that that was what he had done anyways. By coming out with that, he might have caused himself more trouble. He should have kept quiet about it all. To be honest, I don't blame him for getting himself booked. He didn't go out to deliberately injure the player, but to deliberately foul him!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yah so very true. I didn't think he was doing it to injure anybody. anyways, did he actually come out with it? or was it the telegraph saying that he did. just intrigued!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Are you serious? Didn't realise they had that going on. Oh well, I guess footie really is a game for every1, lol!
yeah. They actually had them in 2002 or 2003 as well, but I couldn't go as I didn't know about the trials.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *starbuck*)
I love football!!! Wish I could play in a team...I set one up at school for the U16s but then I turned 17 and couldnt play! Lol.
You can join one at uni. My year at school were so annoying. We had a chance of getting a team together, but we didn't get enough players. :mad: I just had to wait till uni, where I play more then I did before.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
yah so very true. I didn't think he was doing it to injure anybody. anyways, did he actually come out with it? or was it the telegraph saying that he did. just intrigued!
Nope, he said it. He said that people might not think that he was clever enough to do so, but he fouled because he knew that he was too injured to play on wed.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm female and I used to play football, for a long time too. I wish i could start it up again, but other than because i'm unfit now, i reckon i wouldn't really feel right playing it. I know its really stupid and pretty shallow, but girls football has a certain image about it being really manly and butch (donno if thats how you spell it). I know personally that its not like that, but a lot of people think it is. I really wish people didn't think like that (or i wish i could stop being so stupid ). doh!

at least i enjoy watching football! that keeps me going.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, oh well
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm female and I used to play football, for a long time too. I wish i could start it up again, but other than because i'm unfit now, i reckon i wouldn't really feel right playing it. I know its really stupid and pretty shallow, but girls football has a certain image about it being really manly and butch (donno if thats how you spell it). I know personally that its not like that, but a lot of people think it is. I really wish people didn't think like that (or i wish i could stop being so stupid ). doh!

Trust me, I don't really know any players who I've played with who are like that.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Trust me, I don't really know any players who I've played with who are like that.
Yeah, I know, I think that too, its just something that bugs me. Sad really i suppose :rolleyes:
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It didn't do that badly to be honest.

Giggs slaughtered Neville pretty much every time he got the ball, but Wales were so pants that luckily didn't happen very often.

However, if we tried it against a side with decent wingers we would have serious problems. All three midfielders like to play through the centre, leaving us so badly exposed on the flanks, plus Cole and Neville cannot be expected to provide all the width since they're not actually playing as wing-backs.

I still say give 3-5-2 a go with Cole and Wright-Phillips as wing-backs, Lampard, Gerrard ( or Butt if he's bloody injured... again :rolleyes: ) and Beckham in the centre. We have 4 top class centre backs and any 3 of Terry, Campbell, King and Rio would be fine. Then Owen with Rooney sitting slightly behind.

This way you have the width, runners from the middle of the park, a link between midfield and attack in Becks and Lampard, plus the ability to switch to a more defensive formation with ease by pulling the wing-backs into conventional full-backs.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by FrisbeeFan)
:confused: :confused: I thought everyone knew what soccer is! Its what British people mean by 'football'.

Can I ask what country you come from?
So FrisbeeFan, you ask what country we come from. Well I'll begin to indirectly answer your question in a series of hints (it's more fun, lol):

Hint 1: I go for the Matilda's. Hint 2: I'm thoroughly looking forward to daylight savings in a couple weeks Switchover time, haha. Hint 3: Plans to go up to the Gold Coast in November, try out a bit of surfing (great fun, but my QLD friends'll probably laugh at me, unco southerner from two borders south of them :rolleyes: up here just for holidays, got no idea. Hey let's take pics of her making a fool of herself to put up everywhere hhhaaa).

As for NDGAARONDI (he's cool, btw :cool: ), I dunno. Think he's from England? As far as I know he could be from anywhere, I never asked. It doesn't matter.

Anyhow, all I know what does matter is I'll have to change the title of this thread! It'll have to be called TSR girls/women's footie thread, better get to that now.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Yeah, don't worry about those people. It just reflects on them.

Good on you for playing, and you can still play!
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He was being criticised before he 'came out' for a rash challenge, getting a needless yellow card. He decided to 'come out' and he's criticised for trying to do something for the good of the team. I don't like Beckham but I feel sorry for him in this situation as he could'nt win either way. IMO he did the right thing and the press should be congratulating him instead of getting all upset because he only spoke to the Guardian and not them.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
becks has now apologised for deliberately getting booked: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/....stm?display=1

i don't think this was necessary at all- it's done all the time, and most players would do it if they were in the same position, so what was the need for him to apologise?
hams
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I think he should have said formation. :rolleyes:
i am a SHE NOT a HE!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hams)
i am a SHE NOT a HE!
Okay then.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
LOL, new smiley
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chicoinglés)
Sussex has an Ultimate Frisbee club too.

Jordan
So does Reading and Royal Holloway.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Do one that says that he's still here...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads