Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The way I read it, he apologises for making a frank and honest addmision, not for doing what he did. I hope that's how he intended it to sound too. I'm sick off all the big fuss over it. He did exactly what highly paid profesional sportsmen and women do every day, take advantage of the rules. That kind of thing has obviously been going on for years, he's just the first one to admit it publicly. The whole reaction from the papers has been ridiculous, anyone would think people are under the impresion that footballers always play fair and would never cheat or the bend the rules. Somehow I doub't he'd have got the same reaction had he took a dive to get a penalty that won an important match.

ReputationRep:
    ~i think the small coverage was due to the fact that there were a lot less athletes (although this time i think they had the most no of participating countries)

I personally didn't watch the events, but there was so little interest for me mostly because after the two week saturation of OLympic mania, (here in Aussie-land we had 2 of the 5 free-to-air channels with almost 24hr coverage and major radio stations with the same!!) and the two weeks(?) rest in b/w that and the para one, i'd lost the olympic spirit.
    Have to say the minimal coverage that i did watch, i found amazing. eg. this athletics event where some guy who had two of those bendy prosthetic legs had a delayed reaction after the gun, but managed to overtake all and win gold!!

oh, and yesterday, in 38 degree C heat, the city's streets were closed to welcome home our paralympians

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of going to the masters tennis in London this year - does anyone know which players will be there?

Unzip

ReputationRep:
    I dnt recall there being a masters event in london this year. Theres a tennis masters nxt week in Madrid and one two weeks after in Paris(where tim won last year) But theres never one in london. You prob confused with another event

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow uni's got one!! Woop!!

ReputationRep:
    Going to set off early tomorrow. Rekon Bradford will win it - just!

ReputationRep:
    apart from the team you support.
    mine is unbeatable arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd even though they just drew

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    apart from the team you support!!!

ReputationRep:
    Watford.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea, surprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    to wolf:
    you have to go over the top

ReputationRep:
    Nobody's playing properly

ReputationRep:
    to wolf:
    you have to go over the top
    yes it's gd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Nobody's playing properly
    zapsta's adventure IV
    Arsenal will win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan won the finals!!!!
    Does anybody watch snooker here? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Does anybody watch snooker here? :rolleyes:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    You just wait till next Sunday. Mwahahahahahah!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.