Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I believe in him, but he needs to be given time. People expect instant results but it doesnt work like that. Benitez has his own ideas, and needs time to bring new players in and get them all working as a team. That seemed to be missing in the first half yesterday, but it will come. And already Alonso looks like a great buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I believe in him, but he needs to be given time. People expect instant results but it doesnt work like that. Benitez has his own ideas, and needs time to bring new players in and get them all working as a team. That seemed to be missing in the first half yesterday, but it will come. And already Alonso looks like a great buy.
    of course every manager needs time.....but will they be able to catch up with arsenal and/or chelsea in the near future?- it looks doubtful to me
    and alonso is one of the buys of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why is it that you find these sources which compare to other sports? Before it was union and now it's football
    Just trying to illustrate to the non attendee how loud it was!

As for ****ging off unoin it makes a nice change from all the union journalists ****ging off league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    As for ****ging off unoin it makes a nice change from all the union journalists ****ging off league.
    LOL I don't **** off either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    of course every manager needs time.....but will they be able to catch up with arsenal and/or chelsea in the near future?- it looks doubtful to me
    and alonso is one of the buys of the season
    TBH I don't think anyone will catch up with Arsenal any time soon. And Chelsea have the money to buy pretty much any player they want (except Gerrard ) so it's going to be hard to compete with them. I think we can finish in the top three if we get a good run together though. Utd are crap at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    TBH I don't think anyone will catch up with Arsenal any time soon. And Chelsea have the money to buy pretty much any player they want (except Gerrard ) so it's going to be hard to compete with them. I think we can finish in the top three if we get a good run together though. Utd are crap at the moment
    agreed. i think liverpool will do about the same as last season, with the only difference being that they finish closer to arsenal, and maybe above Utd

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll take about a year for rafa to get the team he wants, it did at valencia anyway. Xabi Alonso is not that surprising for me either, he was consistently one of the best in Spain.

ReputationRep:
    Join up ppl!

ReputationRep:
    I am a big fan of cricket. Hmm lets see

Australia--->Shane Warne
    Sri Lanka---> Muralitharan (although i still dont think his bowling action should be legal.. well, who am i to decide)
    Pakistan---> Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik
    India---> Irfan Pathan
    England---> Vaughan
    West Indies---> Sarwan
    S. Africa---> S Pollock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    LOL I don't **** off either
    Stephen Jones in The Times takes another dig at R.L.

------------------------------

And Moffett also makes a final, ghastly error. He perpetuates a myth about rugby [union] that is behind the decline of the game in New Zealand, behind the shortcomings of the Super 12, behind the failure of rugby league, with its summer season, to emerge from its own tiny backyard. To shift the Six Nations would “mean the championship being played in better weather, and you’d have better rugby [union]”. In other words, the crazy misconception laid bare.

ReputationRep:
    England - James Anderson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Yes everyone knows Shane Warne was banned for a year!
    Of course! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munna)
    I am a big fan of cricket. Hmm lets see

Australia--->Shane Warne
    Sri Lanka---> Muralitharan (although i still dont think his bowling action should be legal.. well, who am i to decide)
    Pakistan---> Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik
    India---> Irfan Pathan
    England---> Vaughan
    West Indies---> Sarwan
    S. Africa---> S Pollock
    I'm a huge fan!! Yay!!

ReputationRep:
    I see.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...let's see...there are many...
    ENGLAND(support them!): Freddie Flintoff (without a doubt) & Steve Harmison
    Austrailia: Adam Gilchrist & Andrew Symmonds
    New Zealand: James Franklin (what?!?, a girl's a girl! ) & Steven Fleming
    South Africa: Herscelle Gibbs

Don't know about the rest...
    *falling asleep*

ReputationRep:
    i remember from the activities fair that sheffield has an ultimate frisbee society therefore probably a uni team too.

ReputationRep:
    what actually is ultimate frisbee?

ReputationRep:
    Marine, my local non-league team.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think is going to win the match?

ReputationRep:
    Man U: 3-2

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.