Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I disagree on that note.
    I just feel if they beat man utd at old trafford they will believe they are invincible, and their confidence will be at an all time high, destroying everyone that comes in their path.

they need to lose and the confidence will go, just like last year lost to chelsea in the champions league and lost the following weekend to utd in the FA cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    true, true....rememebr when wenger said a couple seasons ago that aresnal could go the whole season unbeaten and everyone shot him down for saying that after their first loss (i think it was rooney's first goal actually)
    I remember that, thats when Rooneymania started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    they need to lose and the confidence will go, just like last year lost to chelsea in the champions league and lost the following weekend to utd in the FA cup.
    that was one of the worst weeks i've had for a long long time
    luckily, henry saved us the following saturday against liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    I remember that, thats when Rooneymania started
    yup. i can see the guy scoring against us this weekend as well- he always manages to do it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Keane
    Smith
    Rooney
    Phil Neville
    Heinze
    Fortune
    Scholes
    Gary Neville

I sure hope Fergy tells them to go out and hurt them.

Will be an awesome site to see them dive in studs up over the ball on the likes of Viera, Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Lehmann, Henry. Pires.

Oh god.. please united, win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r0ss)

Oh god.. please united, win.
    please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    ?? explain.
    What is there to explain? I reckon United are going to win - Rooney will score first and then perhaps Smith for the second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    I just feel if they beat man utd at old trafford they will believe they are invincible, and their confidence will be at an all time high, destroying everyone that comes in their path.
    I thought you meant that Utd win so they can go and win the league! Big misunderstanding there.

(Original post by chats)
    Yes although I think a bit of it was due to the sheer energy which Chelsea took off them. It would have been better for the Uefa Champions League final - more dramatic etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see United smash Arsenal to pieces though, A Rooney winner would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)

Yes Arsenal begin to feel like they are unbeatable, but the problem lies with the opposition. They begin to think that Arsenal are invincible too!

ReputationRep:
    Great Britain squad has been announced, no Paul Deacon!!!

Finally, we might have the chance of a decent half back combination.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but instead we have iestyn harris.. oh and sean long.. wow i bet those aussie boys are shaking now. No doubt mcguire is in the squad to make up the numbers even though he is our best stand off..

And if the team is selected on current form why is gleeson including having not played since his ban??

ReputationRep:
    apart from my team, ipswich, i guess i support colchester. i also 'support' (which obviously doesnt involve laughing when they miss penalties etc lol) my friends team wolves and bfs team boro.

ReputationRep:
    cos the 1st best is always the team you support. so dont bother. so 2nd best?
    i would say man city.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm good question! St James' probably, as (like the mighty Villa Park) it retains some character, unlike the horrible plastic feel of most grounds nowadays!

ReputationRep:
    Probably Pompey. No nonsense, no money and good football to watch. And the mighty Yak!

St James' is crap. It lacks basic symmetry!

Stadium of light is way better.

ReputationRep:
    Well i do support the team with the best stadium, but....

I'd probably say anfield is the second best in the prem to be honest (although i hate to say it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    St James' is crap. It lacks basic symmetry!

Stadium of light is way better.
    i said in the premiership! is sunderland in the premiership...hmm let me just think...didnt they get relagated two seasons ago? and rated as the worst premiership team ever? the answer is YES!!

ReputationRep:
    My fave apart from man u....

Probably either boro or bolton.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.