Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    the same player who's never been any good in the premiership? :rolleyes:
    You really have something against Baros don't you? I'm guessing you're a bitter Chelsea supporter still sulking because you didn't get Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You really have something against Baros don't you? I'm guessing you're a bitter Chelsea supporter still sulking because you didn't get Gerrard
    I don't think that's it....what he's saying is completely true...as well as Baros has played for the Czech Republic..he's newver actually managed to perform that well for Liverpool. Think about it....before the tournament..you'd never even have considered Baros for the Golden Boot award! He's like the Darius Vassell of Czech Republic

G

ReputationRep:
    An official one I looked at just now said he was 7th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    sulking because we didn't get Gerrard? the same Gerrard who has been absolutely shite in Euro 2004 giving the ball away dozens of times every match? i'm glad we didn't get him, he only looks good in an average premiership team with hopeless players around him (i.e. Liverpool).

ReputationRep:
    I guess the blind patriotism isn't as strong as I originally thought!

ReputationRep:
    Henman is shite, anyway time to watch the Sharapova match :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I don't think that's it....what he's saying is completely true...as well as Baros has played for the Czech Republic..he's newver actually managed to perform that well for Liverpool. Think about it....before the tournament..you'd never even have considered Baros for the Golden Boot award! He's like the Darius Vassell of Czech Republic

G
    I see your point. But to be fair to Baros, he was out for half the season with injury and the other half, GH insisted on playing Heskey ahead of him so he just sat on the bench most the time. Hopefully Benitez will give him the chance to prove himself

ReputationRep:
    i'm glad we didn't get him
    Well that's one thing we agree on

ReputationRep:
    no chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    no chance.
    What puzzles me is this comment:

"This year is his best chance."

It wasn't, 2001 was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I see your point. But to be fair to Baros, he was out for half the season with injury and the other half, GH insisted on playing Heskey ahead of him so he just sat on the bench most the time. Hopefully Benitez will give him the chance to prove himself
    Yeah...i reckon he could do well in the league...just needs to play with his head up...have you seen how he's been playing so far....deadly finishing...but never looks at at all!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Henman is shite, anyway time to watch the Sharapova match :cool:
    She isn't any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momentum)
    He was seeded 5th at Wimbledon, but as for World Ranking, this varies between 5th and 8th depending on which one you go by.
    oh well that means he's really rubbish then :rolleyes:
    what? :confused:
    you can't possibly say he is [email protected] when he has a ranking like that...there's no logic in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    oh well that means he's really rubbish then :rolleyes:
    what? :confused:
    you can't possibly say he is [email protected] when he has a ranking like that...there's no logic in that
    There's a difference between alright (good) and "crap".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    LOL

the equivalent of saying that the best sport is the full english breakfast...
    mmm.. certainly sounds tasty

(Original post by parvati)
    mmm.. certainly sounds tasty
    Ah yes, the old "My art is more edible than your art" flame...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    Hey, I was just wondering which is the best form of martial arts that protects you the best?
    i used to do Karate a couple of years ago, was two belts off a black belt, then i moved which was annoying!

I would say Karate wasn't that pysical with other partners, i just did it for the fitness. It was more about blocks, kicks, etc.

I would have thought that karate and judo are martial arts

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between alright (good) and "crap".
    so you think he's good now??

make up your mind!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    so you think he's good now??

make up your mind!!
    I described him in the poll as alright, I said that he wasn't good enough to win Wimbledon.

Due to blind patrotism, you interpreted that as "he's crap."

However, I do love it when he loses.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't any better.
    but at least there's something to look at.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.