This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Oh you boys are so silly. What do you know about football anyway :rolleyes:
I know that i have watched football for 10 years now, from a variety of countries at a variety of levels, and have a large base of knowledge when it comes to football.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
here's what i think:

crewe (away) = win, but who cares
portsmouth (away) = win
prague (home) = win
city (home) = win/draw (anelka, SWP will cause problems)
newcastle (away) = draw
charlton (home) = win, and by quite a lot
lyon (home) = win
west brom (away) = win
southampton (home) = win
fernabache (away) = lose/draw
fulhum (away) = win/ (unlikely) draw
palace (home) = win
bolton (home) = win/draw
villa (away) = lose/draw

yes, there are a lot of wins though
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Yes. Although their league position isn't great, you watch them and see champions. It is the same of arsenal.
Chelsea, to me, look a great side, but not a side that has the quality needed to win anything more than the FA cup.
what! We are doing amazing in the EPL and esp CL :eek: I cant see any teams stronger than us in CL at the moment.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know that i have watched football for 10 years now, from a variety of countries at a variety of levels, and have a large base of knowledge when it comes to football.
Yeah, but I could identify most football players by their bottoms alone, so I win!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
next 14 games=

crewe
portsmouth
prague
city
newcastle
charlton
lyon
west brom
southampton
fernabache
fulhum
palace
bolton
villa

I think they can do it
, when you put it like that, i can actually agree that it is possible.
Not probable i would think, but certainly possible.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
From The Official MUFC Maths Workbook, which covers sums for practising Key Stage Two maths for 7-11 year olds. This has been introduced as part of the Government's maths campaign.
1. Roy is 78 yards away from the referee at Old Trafford and Gary is 65 yards away. If Roy can run at 21mph and Gary can run at 16mph, who will be sticking their vein-bulging forehead into the hapless whistler's face first, assuming Roy does not stop to stamp on an opponent on his way.

2. If one minute of time is taken up in a game for substitutions and one minute for injuries, how much injury time will be added on by the referee if Man Utd are losing at home?

3. Ryan is a Welshman. Express, as a percentage, the number of
internationals he has missed on a Wednesday evening compared to the miraculous recoveries he made for the following Saturday.

4. Manchester United are one of the giants of world club football. How many more European Cup Finals have they appeared in than Steaua Bucharest?
(For one extra mark; How many more than Reims?)

4a. How many more times have Manchester United won the European Cup than Nottingham Forest?

5. Phil Neville has 30 international caps. If you take away the number of appearances when he was the only adult male in England who could just about kick the ball with his left foot, how many are left?

6. You are the referee at Old Trafford. How near to a visiting defender does a tumbling Ruud van Nistelrooy have to be to earn a penalty if he goes down in the box? (Note: Round your answers down to the nearest 20 yards.)

6a. Probability. Express the statistical probability of visitors to Old Trafford being awarded a penalty. Compare this with the probability of opponents of Manchester United being awarded a penalty home or away, and then discuss if a penalty awarded to Manchester United would be awarded to their opponents in identical circumstances.

7. Mark "The Red" lives in Guildford. How much does it cost for him and his two sons to travel to the Theatre of Silence every other weekend, including limited edition matchday programme, a few drinks and prawn sandwiches all round? How much could he save per week if he watched his local team instead?
(Note: Round your answers down to the nearest thousand pounds).

8. Alex had a hotel room booked in Glasgow for the Champions League Final. How much money did he lose when cancelling his reservation?

9. Ruud is 6ft tall and very strong and fast. How much pressure need be applied to make him tumble over in the opponents penalty area? (Note: Answers must be in lbs per square inch. However, answers such as, 'However much pressure is applied by Ferguson to referees' are accepted.)

10. Alex has won it 1 time, Bob has won it 4. Alex has one, Bob does not. What am talking about? Explain your answer (because nobody else can).

11. Juan is a very lazy boy and often goes missing. Alex is very cross and wants to sells him. If Juan cost £28m to buy, how much do you think Alex sold him for? How many pennies did Alex lose?

12. What is the total number of chickens counted before they were hatched by Manchester United and their supporters who thought Real Madrid were a pushover.
vavavoom86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
arsenal will bounce back surely! i reckon they will win the league by 5,6 points.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, but I could identify most football players by their bottoms alone, so I win!
:rolleyes:
And i wont ask how you got to see their bottoms in the first place.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
here's what i think:

crewe (away) = win, but who cares
portsmouth (away) = win
prague (home) = win
city (home) = win/draw (anelka, SWP will cause problems)
newcastle (away) = draw
charlton (away) = definate loss, and by quite a lot
lyon (home) = win
west brom (away) = win
southampton (home) = win
fernabache (away) = lose/draw
fulhum (away) = win/ (unlikely) draw
palace (home) = win
bolton (home) = win/draw
villa (away) = lose/draw

yes, there are a lot of wins though
yes i agree the only hard obstacles in the way are charlton away and fernabache away.

I think they'll whoop villa, they just love villa park for some reason.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:rolleyes:
And i wont ask how you got to see their bottoms in the first place.
lol.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
yes i agree the only hard obstacles in the way are charlton away and fernabache away.

oops! the man u - charlton match is at OT, which means man u will win by even more......and don't edit my posts!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that is quite difficult to compete with
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)

I don't think they'll have problems at charlton personally.
And it depends on their position in the Cl how they'll play against fenerbache.

I think they may have a close match against bolton though (who i've highly rated for a long time), and i'm unsure whether they'll get the win or the draw there.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
, when you put it like that, i can actually agree that it is possible.
Not probable i would think, but certainly possible.
even if they dont win all 14, they will have a nice period.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol.
And thinking that there are hundreds of players in the premiership alone, you must have put alot of effort in to see that many!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
oops! the man u - charlton match is at OT, which means charlton will only win by a small margin......and edit my posts!

lol, ok
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And thinking that there are hundreds of players in the premiership alone, you must have put alot of effort in to see that many!
I have truly suffered for my cause
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have truly suffered for my cause
Is it just premiership players, or is it championship, league 2 etc., or spanish or italian leagues as well or something?
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it just premiership players, or is it championship, league 2 etc., or spanish or italian leagues as well or something?
Just the premiership for now, but I'm hoping to branch out soon!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
even if they dont win all 14, they will have a nice period.
may i remind you of arsenal's next 14 game then?:

man city (away)
southampton (home)
panathanaikos (home)
palace (away)
spurs (away)
WBA (home)
PSV (away)
liverpool (away)
birmingham (home)
rosenborg (home)
chelsea (home)
portsmouth (away)
fulham (home)
newcastle (away)

i think arsenal will enjoy quite a pleasant period of their own- by the end of it, utd will have probably closed the gap to 2-3 points
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise