Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think both managers should just shut the f*ck up and get on with it. Arsenal are still 9 points ahead of Man Utd and have only lost once for ages. Man Utd on the other hand, need to pull their heads out of their arses and play instead of complaining. Against Portsmouth, they played nothing like a Top 10 side. Of course, it's natural to complain and make up excuses when you win but it doesn't help when they go on and on about it. Man Utd are just making it worse for themselves while Arsenal have no need to worry because they are still first. So.....just SHUT THE F*CK UP! OR I'LL CALL PIZZA HUT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Brunel Uni in Uxbridge Middlesex have a ultimate frisbee team!!!

ReputationRep:
    You really should try and close the poll before full time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It was a great game, and we should have won. The drop goal attempts were a bit awful to be honest. Had Great Britain went for the one pointer and got it, Australia might never have been able to win.
    If we play this well against the Kiwis we should win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by altec)
    danni, i just noticed the poll- tennis and table tennis are not the same thing!
    I know, they're so different! But the poll only allowed 10 choices, so sorry, had to group them in together! Same applies with rugby, and football - lotsa different types (depending where you live, too, in some cases) but had to make use of the 10 poll choices allowed. Perhaps I should've made 2 polls about what types of sports people play, but nevermind - made this one up, if you want to specify anything further, simply post in here

ReputationRep:
    You could group them into 'families'.

Football - association football, rugby union, rugby league, rugby sevens, aussie rules, Gaelic football, American football etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    If we play this well against the Kiwis we should win.
    I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Have you lost you mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    I was gonna add that in the poll! But you were only allowed to include 10 choices Oh well, I might open up an alternative sports thread, where you can discuss sports like frisbee, mountain biking, extreme ironing (or just have a laugh at it), snowboarding etc. It would have to be done after all my exams finish though, and that won't be until the 19th of Nov! How many players do you have per team, FrisbeeFan?
    Indoors there are 5 players in a team. Outdoors, there are 7. This is because outdoors the pitch is generally larger than indoors. An alternative sports thread sounds a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I'm in Mythago, although I only joined this year, so obviously I'm nowhere near the first team.
    I've just got back from the Freshers' tournament at Lufbra - we got the plate for finishing top of the 2nd eight - we won 6 of our 8 games overall which we were quite chuffed with.
    Well done! I'm not actually in the first team either, even though I'm in my second year now. I can throw and catch pretty damn well (though I do say so myself), but simply can't keep up with most of the lads running-wise! (I'm a girl).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Have you lost you mind?
    If you're talking to me then nope. There are so many sports that you could just either make so many polls or make fewer and put more than one sport for each option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    League is sh1t yet Rugby is legendary? Then how come the new England Rugby Union coach has just said that he wants to spend time with Rugby League teams to improve the R.U players game?
    And when's the last time we have won anything big internationally for rugby league?

ReputationRep:
    Union is the real thing and League is for the wimps, who prefer playing touch rugby.

ReputationRep:
    At this stage of the season, what do you think the final table will look like? I think there's a mini league for the title race, one for Champions league, and one for top 8 finishes. The rest are mid-table stragglers or relgation fodder.

1 Chelsea
    2 Arsenal
    ----------------------
    3 Man Utd
    4 Boro
    5 Liverpool
    ----------------------
    6 Newcastle
    7 Villa
    8 Bolton
    ---------------------
    Everyone else in some particular order
    ---------------------
    15 West Brom
    16 Fulham
    17 Palace
    18 Blackburn
    19 Southampton
    20 Norwich

ReputationRep:
    This would be my final table:

1. Arsenal
    2. Man United
    3. Chelsea
    ---------------
    4. Liverpool
    5. Newcastle
    6. Boro
    7.Spurs
    8. Bolton
    ---------------
    --------------
    Relegation:
    18. Blackburn
    19. West Brom
    20. Norwich

Man United would do well once they get their strikeforce worked out. I see them winning the next few games. I think Arsenal would draw a few games up til X'mas and by that time the gap between Arsenal and Man United would be around 5 points. I'm not a great fan of Chelsea and i dont like their idea of 'buying' the trophy, so i dun want them to win ever!

with regards to relegation this season, blackburn, norwich and west brom looks like it but Southampton would just narrowly miss it.

ReputationRep:
    Even though Man Utd beat Arsenal there is still a doubt in peoples mind. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    At this stage of the season, what do you think the final table will look like? I think there's a mini league for the title race, one for Champions league, and one for top 8 finishes. The rest are mid-table stragglers or relgation fodder.

1 Chelsea
    2 Arsenal
    ----------------------
    3 Man Utd
    4 Boro
    5 Liverpool
    ----------------------
    6 Newcastle
    7 Villa
    8 Bolton
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    15 West Brom
    16 Fulham
    17 Palace
    18 Blackburn
    19 Southampton
    20 Norwich
    You're so full of s**t! How can you put Bolton up there but not Everton? I understand that you are hoping Middlesbrough will do well, but even the most optimistic fan wouldn't say you'll finish fourth!
    And.. Arsenal second? No chance!

ReputationRep:

1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man United
    ---------------
    4. Everton
    5. Newcastle
    6. Bolton
    7. Liverpool
    8. Villa
    ---------------
    teams not worth mentioning here
    --------------
    Relegation:
    18. Southampton
    19. Norwich
    20. West Brom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    You're so full of s**t! How can you put Bolton up there but not Everton? I understand that you are hoping Middlesbrough will do well, but even the most optimistic fan wouldn't say you'll finish fourth!
    And.. Arsenal second? No chance!
    Calm down, dear, it's just the internet.

Why can't we finish fourth? Man Utd and Liverpool are hardly formidable opponents anymore and we have no reason to be scared of any team in the league. Some random Boro quotes from the weekend's papers:

"Middlesbrough underlined their growing presence in the Premiership with an assured performance rewarded by this merited victory." - Observer

"a classier Middlesbrough who nowadays are far removed from the sort of outfit who had managed just one goal in six previous trips to this part of South London." - Independent

"A win at Tottenham on Saturday, however, would settle Charlton's nerves and at least Tottenham are not as formidable as Steve McClaren's blend of youth and experience." - Telegraph

I know I'm being optimistic by saying 4th, and a more realistic position would be 5th-7th, but there's no doubt we can finish that high, but teams like Liverpool will push us hard. There's not that much between us anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Middlesbrough
    Bolton
    Aston Villa
    Everton
    Tottenham
    Charlton
    Fulhum
    Portsmouth
    Man city
    Southampton
    Birmingham
    Norwich
    Blackburn
    Crystal Palace
    West Bromich Albion

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.