Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    India - Irfan Pathan (this won't really be news to any of u lot!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    India - Irfan Pathan (this won't really be news to any of u lot!!)
    Is he any good???

ReputationRep:
    And Blackburn? And Everton? And Palace? And Fulham? And Norwich?

I'd hardly class them as foreign managers. I'd just stick with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Post your views. The title is pretty self-explanatory.

I'd have to stick to the Australian speed-skater winning the Olympics short-track by default with everyone else crashing in each of his runs. I was watching the final, having seen each of the previous races and as he was half a lap back on the last turn and all of the leading pack wasted themselves into the padding, he cried as he crossed the finish line. His face on the podium was a sight and a half. This is a guy, who came to the Olympics for a laugh since Australasia had a place available.
    there are two for me
    1) when wiltord scored the winning goal at old trafford for arsenal to win the league
    2) when viera scored against spurs to win us the title!!

ReputationRep:
    When Jonny Wilkinson scored the drop goal against Australia in the rugby would cup final.

ReputationRep:
    1) Arsenal
    2) Chelsea
    3) Everton (that would be so funny but im just joking with this one, it'll probably, unfortunatley be man u cos alex has the referee association in his pocket)

18) spurs (oh please happen!!)
    19) norwich
    20) west brom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    I would like to extend you an invitation to play for our Rugby League team and we will see what you think after.
    I wouldn't mind playing both sports. Is 'our' team your university side? Speaking of which did choosing Hull University had any bearing on the fact that it is up north where rugby league is more dominant than rugby union? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dream Team for the premier league this year? How are you doing? I'v got one with the Sun, I'm doing really bad even after the transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    You are either taking the p155 or you don't know what you are talking about.

I would like to extend you an invitation to play for our Rugby League team and we will see what you think after. League is well documented as being the rougher game with a higher level of physical fitness required, this has been by people who have played both codes at the top level.
    I know what I'm talking about very well and am playing rugby union at the moment. The game is much more flowing and interesting than League (Purely my opinion). Complete munching of the opposition is easier as well.

ReputationRep:
    My daily telegraph one isn't doing too bad. Although it's being propped up mainly by my inside knowledge of Boro's underrated players/starlets

Cech
    Ferreira Lauren Queudrue Riise
    Pires Lampard Downing
    Henry Hasselbaink Yakubu

I've made a few transfers mind, I had Stead(Yakubu), Ronaldo(Lampard) and Bridge(Ferreira) in at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    My daily telegraph one isn't doing too bad. Although it's being propped up mainly by my inside knowledge of Boro's underrated players/starlets

Cech
    Ferreira Lauren Queudrue Riise
    Pires Lampard Downing
    Henry Hasselbaink Yakubu

I've made a few transfers mind, I had Stead(Yakubu), Ronaldo(Lampard) and Bridge(Ferreira) in at the start of the season.
    I have got mine in a mini league with my boyfriends work and my team is bottom, i thought i had some really good players on it aswell! I put a player in during transfer and he had 40 points or something but since putting him in he has got 0, i can't win!!! he must be injured or something.

ReputationRep:
    1.Arsenal
    2.Chelsea
    3.Man U
    4.Liverpool

5.Newcastle
    6.Everton
    7.Boro
    8.Bolton
    9.Spurs
    10.Villa
    11.Pompey
    12.Fulham
    13.Man City
    14.Birmingham
    15.Southampton
    16.Charlton
    17.Crystal Palace
    18.Blackburn
    19.West Brom
    20.Norwich

ReputationRep:
    Last 3 minutes at the Nou Camp on the 26th of May 99.

ReputationRep:
    Every time Spurs win is a special moment for me.

ReputationRep:
    But you say that League is for wimps yet you have never had any experience of it?

ReputationRep:
    4 Boro
    5 Liverpool
    You so wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You so wish.
    I know I do. But I honestly believe it is also possible. I will be attending both of our games this month, so we shall see. Liverpool are my 'second team' so I'm by no means belittling them, just bigging up our own chances.

May the best team win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Last 3 minutes at the Nou Camp on the 26th of May 99.
    That, or after Michael Hughes tackled Robbie Savage and he fell over in the most comical slapstick style ever.

Or the first 10 minutes of the Carling Cup Final 2004 of course.

ReputationRep:
    But you say that League is for wimps yet you have never had any experience of it?
    I've played some League, although I must admit not too much. As for Union, I can safely say I have enough experience to say I know what the game is like. Rugby union is very different to League. There is however an element of difference in the position you play, which is very different in League.

ReputationRep:
    I know I do. But I honestly believe it is also possible. I will be attending both of our games this month, so we shall see. Liverpool are my 'second team' so I'm by no means belittling them, just bigging up our own chances.

May the best team win.
    Indeed. Boro are cool, I hope they do well this season. Though obviously not as good as Liverpool!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.