Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Indeed, but their defense is not that good.
    But their attack is better than the Greeks is.

And the Greece v Spain match shows that the Greece defence can be bothered by good attacking displays.

ReputationRep:
    Czech but anything can happen

ReputationRep:
    From here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/3857749.stm

PS - Unlock the Ultimate Football Thread please.

ReputationRep:
    Baros hasn't been given much of a chance at Liverpool but I'm sure Benitez will be happy to use him after this showing.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: we have pictures in posts again!?

ReputationRep:
    yeah she is really good and plus she is only 17 YEARS OLD!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes - he said he really likes our offer.

We really could do with him in our midfield.

Along with him, we would need 2 or 3 more midfielders too.

We also need defenders too, and Spurs, though failing with an atempted swap deal, involving Helder Postiga, are still intreetsed in luring Nuno Valente to the club. Igor Tudor is another player being linked.

Tudor I don't particularly rate, but Nuno Valente is a class player.

ReputationRep:
    would normally like greece to win purely for the upset

but this time i actualy would prefer a czech win, cos although Greece did itr before i reckon the czechs have more chance of stuffing the portugese:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cezch Republic. Although I will be happy for Greece if they go through.

ReputationRep:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    it's funny how tottenham always get linked with big name players but in the end don't buy any and are *****er than ever :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    anyone see the alternate mens final?

Williams vs mauresmo

*shudders
    Funny the first time mate, not this time.

Although I have to admit watching Serena is ****ing hard to stomach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    it's funny how tottenham always get linked with big name players but in the end don't buy any and are *****er than ever :cool:
    Mark my word, I don't even support Spurs, but even I can see that this summer they will land at least two players of international renown. And, within this quota, most probably one Dutchman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    i only said it here once mate

pffffft these lot dont all chat to me on MSN do they?

anyway you said Mauresmo is cockable....... yuk
    She's gay... shame

ReputationRep:
    The questions were directing us to a particular response...and it's harsh to have as the negative bit "he's "alright", and nothing more"...he's a lot more than "alright" at tennis!

ReputationRep:
    Davids is such a fool, why does he want to move from Barcelona to Tottenham? Barcelona are a team on the rise, with huge potential. Surely Spurs wouldn't or couldn't offer more than Barca, especially as Barcelona wanted to keep him (unlike their other dutch men).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Davids is such a fool, why does he want to move from Barcelona to Tottenham? Barcelona are a team on the rise, with huge potential. Surely Spurs wouldn't or couldn't offer more than Barca, especially as Barcelona wanted to keep him (unlike their other dutch men).
    probably barcelona aren't offering him enough money

ReputationRep:
    Greece so that Portugal can get their revenge!!!!

Why do so many people hate portugal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    probably barcelona aren't offering him enough money
    Then they are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Davids is such a fool, why does he want to move from Barcelona to Tottenham? Barcelona are a team on the rise, with huge potential. Surely Spurs wouldn't or couldn't offer more than Barca?
    a)He cannot stay at Barca - the Dutch contingent has been forcibly exiled by a new regime.

b) Tottenham can offer him a reasonable amount of money, I doubt whether Davids is on more than £80,000 at Barca. Tottenham could come close to this.

c) Davids can get a big sign-on cheque, as Tottenham have a big transfer kitty.

d) Davids has never played in the Premiership, and would like the challenge - Italy and Spain are so passe.

e) Tottenham are a London club, on the rise, with a world-class manager in Santini.

f) Davids would be unlikely to go back to Italy, his position is somewhat untenable after a certain scandal in the recent past. Despite the fact that Davids is on loan, if Barca don't want him, they would probably block a move to another Spanish club. Davids WILL be coming to the Premiership.

g) Expect Davids to be signed to a London club in the coming weeks, if not days.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.