Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All that time searching for a manager who goes and quits 13 games into the season.

It looks like Jol will be manager now.

Hopefully he can get the club going in the right direction and actually get the team scoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I know that when managers leave clubs by mutual consent, they've been sacked.
    I get the impression you dont actually know a lot.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    I get the impression you dont actually know a lot.....
    I knew that Santini had quit :|

ReputationRep:
    I knew that Santini had quit :|
    Well done. You managed to be on a website/listening to the radio/watching TV the moment the story broke. I got you all wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I know that when managers leave clubs by mutual consent, they've been sacked.
    The term "mutual consent" hasn't actually been explicitly used in reports so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    The term "mutual consent" hasn't actually been explicitly used in reports so far.
    I know, but when it is, it means sacking. I'm guessing that "personal reasons" were that he was enjoying the job as much now we've started losing

ReputationRep:
    I know, but when it is, it means sacking. I'm guessing that "personal reasons" were that he was enjoying the job as much now we've started losing
    You mean he wasn't enjoying it so much now we're losing!

But, then, wouldn't that imply that he quit for that exact reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    You mean he wasn't enjoying it so much now we're losing!

But, then, wouldn't that imply that he quit for that exact reason?
    Yes. That's what I'm saying. Coward. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. That's what I'm saying. Coward. Grr.
    If it turns out that he was having marital problems that forced him to leave the club would that make him a coward? If he was recieving death threats would that make him a coward?

Some people just dont learn. People who think they know the in's and outs of football and the message behind every story....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    If it turns out that he was having marital problems that forced him to leave the club would that make him a coward? If he was recieving death threats would that make him a coward?

Some people just dont learn. People who think they know the in's and outs of football and the message behind every story....
    OKay, I'll assume he does actually have some serious problem. That way I'll have just as much chance of being wrong, but you'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Any more takers?

ReputationRep:
    i think about 50 million pples most of them in pakistan.
    hey visesh did i mention pakistan beat india about 5 times in a row now? How can they even think abou beating australia at home when theyve been beaten convincingly by worse opponents.
    ahem, thnk you

P.S- oh did i mention pakistan beat india?

ReputationRep:
    yay! Pakistani team rules!

ReputationRep:
    Yep and could i also mention that Pakistan were thrashed by India earlier this year in their own backyard and have a 100% record against them in the World Cup...and you seem to have forgotten that India are generally regarded as the second best team after Australia (it was proved today) in the world. Australia see it as their BIGGEST challenge to go to india and win, whereas they wouldn't even think twice about playing against Pakistan. I could go on all night...

ReputationRep:
    With Duff back, Chelsea should see more scoring opportunities. I believe Everton will find this a tough game, but they could salvage a point from this game if they play with the same spirit they have displayed all season, but I still favour Chelsea over Everton, 2-0.

ReputationRep:
    it'd be interesting if everton won

ReputationRep:
    I believe the following teams will be strong contenders for the competition:-

Inter Milan
    AC Milan
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man UTD
    Juventus (Dark Horse)
    Barcelona

ReputationRep:
    1) Robinson
    2) Martyn
    3) Kirkland

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    But Pakistan has beaten India more times if u see the overall record.

ReputationRep:
    Australia: Michael Clarke
    Pakistan: Inzaman Ul Haq
    West Indies: Brian Lara
    South Africa: Jacque Kallis
    England: Michael Vaughan
    India: Rahul Dravid
    Zimbabwe: Taibu
    New Zealand: Stephen Fleming

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.