Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Newcastle will struggle to finish top half this season.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
losins, 4-1, ...to fulham, at home. Yet the manager said they did not play a bad game.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
losins, 4-1, ...to fulham, at home. Yet the manager said they did not play a bad game.
They didn't, but they're 9th in the league now and so far this season they're yet to play Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Everton. The Souness honeymoon period is over and they'll be a sliding down the league in no time.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
They didn't, but they're 9th in the league now and so far this season they're yet to play Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Everton. The Souness honeymoon period is over and they'll be a sliding down the league in no time.
So the goals they conceded were just being unlucky or what?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wonder, in light of Newcastle's defeat, whether those who voted for a Newcastle win, would now think otherwise.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A mix of great counter attacking by Fulham and a Newcastle defence graduated from the Krusty school of clowning.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A mix of great counter attacking by Fulham and a Newcastle defence graduated from the Krusty school of clowning.
Probably explains why they want Huth from Chelsea
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Good race, however since the Olympics I have no respect for her.

After she pulled out, it was like saying if she can't get first its not worth competing, basically saying anything less was crap. How did she expect the atheletes to feel who don't always get first but work damn hard?
Yeah, that's how I felt too. Kind of undermines the whole 'it's not the winning, it's the taking part' thing.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well if losing 4-1 with ****ty defending isnt 'playing badly', then the team really is ****.
smallthoms
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Good race, however since the Olympics I have no respect for her.

After she pulled out, it was like saying if she can't get first its not worth competing, basically saying anything less was crap. How did she expect the atheletes to feel who don't always get first but work damn hard?
That's assuming that she pulled out simply because she couldn't be bothered but I think it was a lot more complicated than that.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Well if losing 4-1 with ****ty defending isnt 'playing badly', then the team really is ****.
And they talked about being in the Champions League... :rolleyes:
enigmatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They were pretty poor today , but i've seen worse performences from them. But they won't finish below 8th i don't think. They do have good bouncebackability (gotta love that word)
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can anyone explain the squash rules simply to me? Ive tried looking on the internet but nothing helps too much.

For example, can you hit the sidewall before hitting the front wall(after service)?
Saagar
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Can anyone explain the squash rules simply to me? Ive tried looking on the internet but nothing helps too much.

For example, can you hit the sidewall before hitting the front wall(after service)?

Yeah you can. You can hit the back wall if you want as long as it ends up hitting the front wall between the two red lines. As for rules me not good at explainin them!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)

Yeah you can.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just for a laugh - another Paula Radcliffe thread
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
GReat Britain also improved a bit of the kicking game. Think we're going to need it against Australia.
Internationals is very much like watching State of Origin. It's all out defence with games often won by individual moments of brilliance rather than individual performances (if that makes any sense). It is sometimes boring to watch compared to Superleague which I feel is very open and allows lots of running and movement however the 9 minutes in which G.B. scored 3 tries are amongst the best that I have ever seen.

Is it not strange how we can sell out The Millenium Stadium and Old Trafford, get over 38K at the C.O.M. stadium for The Aussies yet only just over 20K turn up for the Kiwis at Huddersfield?

Having said that apparantly go back 30 years and over the course of 3 games against the Kiwis a grand total of about 12K people turned up!!! The K.C. will sell out- I am sure!
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
k get over it people.

remember she didnt win bugger all in the summer unlike a hell of a lot of other olympians who dont get any mention
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never knew there was another international running very close to Great Britain v New Zealand, England v Ireland I think.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I never knew there was another international running very close to Great Britain v New Zealand, England v Ireland I think.
It was the final of the European Nations Cup, a "B" list tournament comprising of either emerging talents, emerging nations or players who are not quite good enough for G.B.

England, Scotland, Wales, France, Ireland and Russia all participate however England are probably going to be pulled from the tournament next year as they are by far and away the best team and it is totally pointless them playing in it.

Did you see Kirk Yeaman from Hull F.C. on Sky when he got his medal after the final? He looked like someone had just handed him a piece of poo! The England team is made up of mainly full time Superleague players with one or two in the Scotland, Wales and Ireland sides. France have their own players who are mainly about the standard of our national league 1 and Russia have a domestic competition about the same standard as our NL2.

The game is (surprisingly) popular in Russia and they have been known to draw crowds of over 30K when they play The Victory Cup. I am also told that domestic matches are televised.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed