Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Fifa actually rejected this idea, because it would be impossible to use such technical means at a universal level.
Yea, teams like ...stevenage couldn't afford implementing video reffing, let alone sunday league etc.
[email protected]
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Fifa actually rejected this idea, because it would be impossible to use such technical means at a universal level.
they don't use video refereeing at university rugby matches. Doesn't mean the Premiership can't have them...

Only have video replays of dubious goals to start with. see how that goes and then think about other things.
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can't see how anyone can disagree with the idea of video, that is, infallible, refereeing. After all, the referee's only there to see that the rules are abided by. Of course, you'd still need someone on the ground to give out the obvious fouls, cards etc.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also what about Spain v South Korea?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Also what about Spain v South Korea?
International matches (except friendlies) should always implement video refereeing
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Then you could look at the offside rule. You can allow play to continue and if the team score and there is doubt whether it is offside or not, you can then look at the video to give it or not, this is used for tries in rugby.
Ooo, I'm not sure about that though, I think that would play too much with people's emotions.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Yea, teams like ...stevenage couldn't afford implementing video reffing, let alone sunday league etc.
Stevenage are 4th in the conference at the moment!
Soon to be in League 2. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fifa)
This point is particularly crucial as the same laws and conditions must apply worldwide so as to avoid that competitions such as the World Cup with about 800 preliminary matches around the globe become distorted.
But there are already some laws in football different in many countries! Not sure fi the new offside rule counts. But why is there this fuss with the penalties given at Arsenal v Panathinaikos but wouldn't happen in the Premiership then?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Despite Fifa stating that, I still think they are using it as an excuse to cover up their dodgy confidence in our referees. I cannot name one top class referee in the premiership with the exception of Dermot Gallagher. They are useless, and it's probably not their faults either, although sometimes it seems they are biased to the big teams..

FIFA could say that the video thingy would only be used in the FIFA World Cup proper, so that way it would be fair throughout the whole qualifying.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I cannot name one top class referee in the premiership with the exception of Dermot Gallagher.
Uriah Rennie?
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ooo, I'm not sure about that though, I think that would play too much with people's emotions.
Damn. Someone might cry when their team gets penalised for cheating.

(Original post by afireinside)
I cannot name one top class referee in the premiership with the exception of Dermot Gallagher. They are useless.
I'd like to introduce a certain Mr. Michael Riley....
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
I'd like to introduce a certain Mr. Michael Riley....
Do not get me started by that Manchester United loving, Chelsea favouring, Arsenal admiring scumbag.
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do not get me started by that Manchester United loving, Chelsea favouring, scumbag.
I agree wholeheartedly.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do not get me started by that Manchester United loving, Arsenal admiring scumbag.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree wholeheartedly.
He is the worst referee I have seen in a long time. My old personal favourite (he was actually good) was a man called Gerard Ashby - refereed the 1995 FA Cup final Everton/Man Utd. Sadly though, he is no longer with us.

We need Collina and his 12 brothers me thinks
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rodney Marsh said something about having him for the Man Utd v Arsenal game to calm things down. No idea if it will happen in their next encounter.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rodney Marsh said something about having him for the Man Utd v Arsenal game to calm things down. No idea if it will happen in their next encounter.
But Rodney Marsh is an utter *******. (off subject) I bet you he is waiting, just waiting for EFC to drop down the league so that he can say "told you they would". He is so smug, but, yeah, bring him in! Although, Arsenal/Man U is no longer the highlight of the premier league..
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He is the worst referee I have seen in a long time. My old personal favourite (he was actually good) was a man called Gerard Ashby - refereed the 1995 FA Cup final Everton/Man Utd. Sadly though, he is no longer with us.

Apparently, Collina's too old. However, I really do agree that Riley is a terrible referee. In every match, he seems to have a favourite. Usually Manchester United or Chelsea.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently, Collina's too old. However, I really do agree that Riley is a terrible referee. In every match, he seems to have a favourite. Usually Manchester United or Chelsea.
Collini is too old to referee in Italy, because he is 45. The age limit in the UK is 48...

Another thing, haha, I just remembered.. remember when Graham Poll jumped up and clenched his fists when Liverpool scored in a game he was refereeing, and he got caught on camera, and tried to pass it off as he was "celebrating a great decision to allow play to continue after a foul" - lol!
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Collini is too old to referee in Italy, because he is 45. The age limit in the UK is 48...

Another thing, haha, I just remembered.. remember when Graham Poll jumped up and clenched his fists when Liverpool scored in a game he was refereeing, and he got caught on camera, and tried to pass it off as he was "celebrating a great decision to allow play to continue after a foul" - lol!
My bull****-o-meter nearly exploded when he said that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed