Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alex H)
England have the best allrounder and the best bowler in the world. I'd also much rather have Geriant Jones to Parthiv Patel.
Wow Jones over Patel...that really is desperate.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tomorrow 6pm Hope it goes well
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never knew it was *that* much time wasted each game!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Danni, don't you play Aussie Rules?
Munna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
India will win - it's a no brainer.

And by the way "munna", India don't match fix. I believe that was some Pakistani fans' lame excuse when India beat earlier this year
Well, u didnt even read my post properly. Such a shame

I neva said that they did it last time. I said they might do it this time as they wouldnt wanna disappoint indian fans on their home ground. We all know how indian cricket fans act like babies when their team is not winning, they start throwing tantrums. This match is held on an important occasion in INDIAN CRICKET so it might be decided. Its also known as friendship fixing. :rolleyes:
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
india zindabad!!
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saagar)
Get a grip Pakistan can't win, they just don't have the team, India beat them in both the Test and ODI series in Pakistan. No hard feelings though!
This year pakistan have beaten india more times in ODIs, i beleive we have a lead of two games, so even in the unlikely event that India does win Pakistan will still have beaten them more times this year. Not to mention Pakistan's substantial lead head to head with India overall in ODIs. No hard feelings though!
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactley 13,000 at Glous tonight according to Sportinglife.

Alex H
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Hash: Finally someone talks sense. Btw even though England did win, the number of times Australia have thrashed them over the last few years doesnt make up for it!

Alex H:Well Harmisson is 'currently' ranked 1st, but that doesnt mean he IS the best, im sure most people would say McGrath, Pollock, Gillespie (just fast bowlers) etc, are better.

And is that all you can come up with?? Geriant Jones, is just the wicket keeper and doesnt even add much to the team.
Yeah I know England have been hammered numerous times in the past but do you not think they have improved quite a lot over the past 12 months?

England have in my honest opinion:

Trescothick & Strauss - exciting an profitible opening pair.
Butcher - Solid number 3. Averages over 45 in last 3 years.
Vaughan - World Class player and top captain
Thorpe - World class
Flintoff - Number 1 allrounder in the world at the current time without a doubt.
Jones - Promising Batting wicketkeeper. Needs to improve his glovework. Averages 100 partnerships with Flintoff for the 6th wicket.
Giles - OK spin bowler and has become a bit of allrounder with much improved batting
Hoggard - Has come on leeps and bounds in the last 12 months. Great hat rick in WI and his batting has improved
ANOTHER BOWLER - In my view this is Englands weakness. They mess around with Anderson and Jones but need another quality seamer to challenge for the Ashes.
Harmison - Top quality bowler. Currently number 1 in the world in the rankings and in the top 5 anyway

Also John ,what is your love of India and apparant dislike of England. I presume your English so get behind the English team! Its the best team we've had in a while and they need your support!

Alex
Majmun
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
Anyway hampshire derby tomorrow.....wooooo! Time for pompey to get that battering
It was great wasnt it Long overdue win
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just watching the England match now (46-0 at the moment). It's all going pretty well. BUT one thing that's really annoying me is the music they keep playing when we score a try. I know they do this at some football matches too. Why do they do this?? Surely they don't need it to get the crowd going... that's just sad if they do.

Here's hoping they'll NEVER do this at Fratton Park.
Saagar
Report 14 years ago
lol!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nah.. just shows how much Saints' standards have dropped since last year. 3-0 to 2-1? Oh dear! I will fear for you when you visit fratton park!

Although I am slightly bemused that pompey are not in that list as I dfinitely think we're relegation contenders! (due to our unbelieveably CRAP away record).
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My TV signal is down for Sky (not receiving) and the BBC one is jumpy, not that I care much about Ireland v South Africa. Will have to see a repeat.
!Laxy!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
WBA. Norwich and Blackburn
ditto!
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
people support india coz they're fed up of seeing australia win and india is the old team these days who sem to really challenge the aussies!!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alex H: Why do you presume someone has a dislike for a country just because they (and most other people) say that another team is better. For example Chelsea are better then Liverpool, but it doesnt mean i hate Liverpool, its called being realistic!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A Pakistan fan talking about fixing matches?????????
lilbug
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To the Pakistani fans - woohoo! and stop that talk about match-fixing...baseless suggestions do no good to cricket!
To the Indian fans who were certain of their victory - think twice when you open your mouth (or let your fingers flow) next time! sure, there was a while when it seemed like a close match, but it was a strong finish for the pakistanis. well, at least you can say that it was definitely not match-fixed!(the 'friendship fixing' that munna was on about.)
To the football fans - you're on the wrong thread, silly!
Alex H
Report 14 years ago
Why do your call yourself John Williams? Its not your real name!!

NG
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
68.25%
No I haven't decided yet (24)
19.05%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed