The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
john williams
India of course! pakistan/Inzamam have already started making excuses that they dont care if they loose, cos they know they stand no chance of winning as its in India. Also i didnt think it effected the rankings, as it was a match to mark the 75th anniversary of the BCCI.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3745533.stm

I thought India would win myself especially after winning an important toss.
Reply 7921
it just shows you pakistan are and always have been better at cricket than india
the match today prooves it.
Alkaeda: One 'pointless' match does not prove Pakistan are better then India...they still beat you in the all important test and one-day series!
I didn't see all of the match but we won :smile:

I should see the repeat in the earlier hours of the morning :tongue:
Reply 7924
lilbug
To the Pakistani fans - woohoo! and stop that talk about match-fixing...baseless suggestions do no good to cricket!
To the Indian fans who were certain of their victory - think twice when you open your mouth (or let your fingers flow) next time! sure, there was a while when it seemed like a close match, but it was a strong finish for the pakistanis. well, at least you can say that it was definitely not match-fixed!(the 'friendship fixing' that munna was on about.)
To the football fans - you're on the wrong thread, silly!

Guess i was wrong about match fixing. But still, wooooohoooooooooo Pakistan won! :biggrin:
john williams
Alkaeda: One 'pointless' match does not prove Pakistan are better then India...they still beat you in the all important test and one-day series!

As is stated before if you look at pakistan and india's overall record pakistan have a significant lead, which although does not "prove" that Pakistani ODI cricket teams have been better than India's over the past 15 years or so, it does indicate this.

However to undermine the importance of this match would be to undermine the significance of Indian cricket, as the match was a cememoration of 75 (?)years of Indian cricket. Suffice to say it was at least a little bit important to India.

All the same it was a nice way of the pakistani cricket team to say "Eid Mubarik!"-
Reply 7926
some great points there pugna, it certianly showed john williams!
(gave u some rep for a decent post)
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pakistan is probably the best asian team right now and there last 9/10 ODIs show that. I reckon they can prove a serious threat to the aussies, but not sure about their test form.
Lovin it :biggrin:
The rugby league I assume?
NDGAARONDI
The rugby league I assume?

Rolf Harris, can you hear me Rolf Harris? Your boys took a hell of a beating :biggrin:

C'mon 6-0 down and then to win 24-12 is pretty good against the Aussies to say that we were out and out defece for 35 mins out of the second half.
I guess there is no need to watch the New Zealand match and then prepare for the finals. I have a feeling Everdawn will not care for rugby league.
NDGAARONDI
I guess there is no need to watch the New Zealand match and then prepare for the finals. I have a feeling Everdawn will not care for rugby league.

Who gives a flying fcuk? I am going to the New Zealand game at the K.C. and it will be ONE HELL OF A PISSUP :biggrin:.

Great performance tonght, real quality if you see it on Grandstand tomorrow!

Both teams showed great ability in the basic skills of Rugby, only about 3 knock ons all game!
Mark_KK
Great performance tonght, real quality if you see it on Grandstand tomorrow!

I have Sky. :biggrin:
I love you :smile:, do you feel the same about me? Anyone who watches the game will see the acheivment tongiht! First time in 3 years that we have beaten them.

I am ****faced!
Yeah, he's right, I dont care about Rugby league.
Everdawn
Yeah, he's right, I dont care about Rugby league.

Your boys still took one hell of a beating :biggrin:.

1/2 of the population in England don't care about RU :smile:.
oh, thats nice. Well played then. Good -O.
Everdawn
oh, thats nice. Well played then. Good -O.

Lord Nelson, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Clemence Atlee, Margaret Thatcher, Can you hear me Margaret Thatchaer?

:biggrin:

Rep for the first person who can tell me what the punchline is :and where I got it from : D
Jeez, you really are wired arent you?

Latest