(Original post by Everdawn)
Jeez, you really are wired arent you?
George W Bush?
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL go to a search engine and type in "your boys took one hell of a beating" and you will see what I am on about.

I think it was a Norway V England world cup qualifier and the commentator just lost it .
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Danni, don't you play Aussie Rules?
No, I leave that to the boys :rolleyes: Good to watch, tho

What I DO play, is soccer. Great fun, keeps you fit too. I play for my uni, but since we're almost on summer break, I don't play seriously at the moment. Just once a week for fun, it's pretty good.
Hash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
it just shows you pakistan are and always have been better at cricket than india
the match today prooves it.
Wow what a contradiction. Pakistan have always been better than India at cricket, and so the one match YESTERDAY proves it? Err surely to make a statement about the the past, you need to look at matches played in the past?

It's like saying England beat Australia in the Champions trophy, therefore they are and always have been better than Australia at cricket - not true as we all know. Therefore yesterday's result doesn't "proove" anything.

The fact is that India, on their day, are better than ANY team in the World. You know that and I know that. Pakistan wouldn't even fall in the same League. To be honest, this match wasn't even that important.

Over a series, India are far better than Pakistan, and that has been shown to you in your own back yard. On the main stage (e.g. World Cups), we almost always beat Pakistan in head to heads.

So yes, India are better than Pakistan.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adil Bhai)
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Pakistan is probably the best asian team right now and there last 9/10 ODIs show that. I reckon they can prove a serious threat to the aussies, but not sure about their test form.
They don't and won't prove a threat to the aussies in my opinion. Australia outclass Pakistan in every department - batting, bowling and fielding.

At least India have better batsmen and comparable fielding to Australia - that's why India v Australia can actually be a contest. In fact, if the 2nd test hadn't been washed out India would have probably drawn the test series.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cool. Some Australians call Aussie Rules arial ping pong
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alex H)
Yeah I know England have been hammered numerous times in the past but do you not think they have improved quite a lot over the past 12 months?

England have in my honest opinion:

Trescothick & Strauss - exciting an profitible opening pair.
Butcher - Solid number 3. Averages over 45 in last 3 years.
Vaughan - World Class player and top captain
Thorpe - World class
Flintoff - Number 1 allrounder in the world at the current time without a doubt.
Jones - Promising Batting wicketkeeper. Needs to improve his glovework. Averages 100 partnerships with Flintoff for the 6th wicket.
Giles - OK spin bowler and has become a bit of allrounder with much improved batting
Hoggard - Has come on leeps and bounds in the last 12 months. Great hat rick in WI and his batting has improved
ANOTHER BOWLER - In my view this is Englands weakness. They mess around with Anderson and Jones but need another quality seamer to challenge for the Ashes.
Harmison - Top quality bowler. Currently number 1 in the world in the rankings and in the top 5 anyway

Also John ,what is your love of India and apparant dislike of England. I presume your English so get behind the English team! Its the best team we've had in a while and they need your support!

Alex

I have agree with you there. England have a solid team, and I am expecting them to win the Ashes coming up. By the next world cup, england should have a formidable team (depending on how the players develop).
ozzaman
Report 14 years ago
4 wins on the trot. Yesterday's match didnt even prove troublesome, India got battered. Oh and you wouldnt be saying it wasnt that important if you won it. Pakistan arent the best team in the world, i even recognise that but india sure as hell arent any closer. Australia are the best by such a long way its rediculous.
in_it_2_win_it
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pakistan is showing their potential, with the upcoming youth, if they can prove to be dangerous so early on, then what are they going to be like at the next World Cup!!! (If all things remain the same )...

As for India, there players are getting old, there next world cup is probably going to be the same as Pakistan's Last World Cup.. Terrible!!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Usman: "The players are getting old..."?? do u actually know anything about cricket? If you did u would know India have some of the best up and coming young players. People recognise that the next world cup is when India will be at their peak. It wasnt an important game and i even said that before the match, Pakistan win these types of games but not when it actually matters.

India are still by far the better team.
Da_Head1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One for the girls!

which ones do you prefer and why ?
em~t~the~ily
Report 14 years ago
doesn't sound like a bad deal... but to be honest, i'd look round for a 2nd hand kit too...
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ozzaman)
4 wins on the trot. Yesterday's match didnt even prove troublesome, India got battered. Oh and you wouldnt be saying it wasnt that important if you won it. Pakistan arent the best team in the world, i even recognise that but india sure as hell arent any closer. Australia are the best by such a long way its rediculous.
You obviously don't seem to know much at all about cricket. Well at least you know that pakistan arent the best team in the world, thats a start.

Yes, India sure as hell ARE closer. Where was it Australia hadn't won for the last 60 odd years. Yes that's right, INDIA!! India were very unlucky to lose the last series because of that rained off day when we had it pretty much wrapped up. Also, England beat Australia in the Champs trophy, so I don't think Australia are ridiculously ahead of anyone anymore.

(Original post by ozzaman)
Oh and you wouldnt be saying it wasnt that important if you won it.
Obviously I wouldn't say that, because I wouldn't have to!! the pakistanis would claim match fixing anyway. People were saying the match was fixed even before it was played! That's the pakistani fans' excuse whenever they lose.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by usman_psycho)
Pakistan is showing their potential, with the upcoming youth, if they can prove to be dangerous so early on, then what are they going to be like at the next World Cup!!! (If all things remain the same )...

As for India, there players are getting old, there next world cup is probably going to be the same as Pakistan's Last World Cup.. Terrible!!
Actually I believe its a perfect balance of experience and youth. Ganguly, Dravid, Tendulkar Laxman....with Yuvraj, Kaif, Harbhajan, Patel etc... what a combination.
roxy potter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rugby players because they don't play up to the media as much as soccer players.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rugby, becaus ethen men are more built, and generally harder
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I play both
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmm, probs footy, but then i'm a bit of a sucker for the styled look!
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hash you say india are better then pakistan... ok you say you beat us AT HOME which fair enough india were the better side (JUST) as we lost 2-1 and 3-2 in odi's. If you look at the OVERALL ratings and OVERALL history of matches between paki and india youd clearly see pakistan win almost 2/3rds of all encounters against india. Call me dumb but i think this prooves whos the better team.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rugby, football players are generally a bunch of skinny whining girls.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads