The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7960
Hash, if you're gonna agree with SOMEONE, then at least agree with Ganguly:
"They are obviously playing better than us." (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3745533.stm)

Sorry to piss you off even more but India were not unlucky to lose the series against Australia. It was obvious who was the better team overall, even though that day was rained off.

India and Pakistan both have a tremendous amount of talent, but at the moment, its kind of obvious which team is goin downhill and which one uphill (not to say that they can't turn things around).
Reply 7961
alkaeda
hash you say india are better then pakistan... ok you say you beat us AT HOME which fair enough india were the better side (JUST) as we lost 2-1 and 3-2 in odi's. If you look at the OVERALL ratings and OVERALL history of matches between paki and india youd clearly see pakistan win almost 2/3rds of all encounters against india. Call me dumb but i think this prooves whos the better team.

This argument could go on forever. In my opinion India, on their day, are the best team on the planet. But Pakistan is also a good team.

Both teams can play like champs, but then again they both sometimes play like chumps.

I can understand why you think Pakistan is a good team, and I respect your opinion. You should also understand why I think India is good, and lets leave it at that shall we?
Reply 7962
lilbug
Hash, if you're gonna agree with SOMEONE, then at least agree with Ganguly:
"They are obviously playing better than us." (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3745533.stm)

Sorry to piss you off even more but India were not unlucky to lose the series against Australia. It was obvious who was the better team overall, even though that day was rained off.

India and Pakistan both have a tremendous amount of talent, but at the moment, its kind of obvious which team is goin downhill and which one uphill (not to say that they can't turn things around).

It's called sportsmanship - the Captain is expected to make such comments after a match. Obviously to win the match pakistan played better, but it doesn't necessarily make them the better team. Before the match inzamam even said it didn't matter if pakistan won or lost....you can't exactly read much into that.

No it was not obvious which team played better (India v aus). India battled hard throughout the series, and we were unlucky to draw the series (e.g. both reams were almost equal). I am sure if both Tendulkar (most prolific batsman) and Ganguly (captain) had been fully fit throughout the series we may have even won it.

The result of this match doesn't determine that India is going downhill or that pakistan is going uphill. How can you infer all this from only one match???? :confused:
These people who are saying Pakistan are a better side just dont know what they are talking about. If anyone reads stuff like The Crickter or any articles by professionals who are not biased, they generally agree that India are currently the second best team and maybe even the best in ODI's, although i agree at the moment they aint playing to their best but even so are producing some 'magical moments'.
Reply 7964
john williams
These people who are saying Pakistan are a better side just dont know what they are talking about. If anyone reads stuff like The Crickter or any articles by professionals who are not biased, they generally agree that India are currently the second best team and maybe even the best in ODI's, although i agree at the moment they aint playing to their best but even so are producing some 'magical moments'.

That's true say
Reply 7965
sorry, but the test series where india played austraila, was not even close. the end overall result may have been 2-1, but that doesnt give the whole picture. if you did actually read cricketing magazines/internet, then you would have read articles by INDIAN writers who said clearly that australia hammered india. HARD. the series was never tight and the one test that india did win was because australia didnt give a ****, and why should they, it was a dead rubber test.

Finally i do think india are a very good team, especially batting wise, but to claim they are second best to austraila is stupid. hell england and sri lanka have been playing better, and believe it or not so have pakistan.
India should be expected to be better then pakistan anyway, they have a huge funding for the team. Australia has one of the biggest, and they are the best!?! (Unless you indians want to say that you are, but im not going to argue, say as you wish, No-one cares!)
Reply 7967
ozzaman
sorry, but the test series where india played austraila, was not even close. the end overall result may have been 2-1, but that doesnt give the whole picture. if you did actually read cricketing magazines/internet, then you would have read articles by INDIAN writers who said clearly that australia hammered india. HARD. the series was never tight and the one test that india did win was because australia didnt give a ****, and why should they, it was a dead rubber test.

Finally i do think india are a very good team, especially batting wise, but to claim they are second best to austraila is stupid. hell england and sri lanka have been playing better, and believe it or not so have pakistan.

I didn't need to read what others wrote, because I watched it myself. It shows how much you know about cricket if you think aus didn't give a ****. Australia ALWAYS give a ****, and a mighty big one at that :wink:

I recommend you stop trying to degrade the India cricket team, it doesn't reflect your person in a positive light.
Reply 7968
im not trying to degrade them. I do believe they are a great team. I am trying to lower your belief that they are the best or second best. thats simply untrue. And maybe i need to clarify the point. I think the offical stat is that aus have lost their last 5 test matches only in dead rubber test matches. that means when they have won the series. India played well in the last test match. they barely won, but it is fact that aus took the foot of the accelerator.

you son need to get off the crack you are smoking. i am a 100% pakistan fan. even i admit they arent the second best team or third or fourth currently. you though cant even admit india arent second best. you are deluding yourself. india are good but the best in any form of cricket is a stretch of the imagination.
Reply 7969
ozzaman
im not trying to degrade them. I do believe they are a great team. I am trying to lower your belief that they are the best or second best. thats simply untrue. And maybe i need to clarify the point. I think the offical stat is that aus have lost their last 5 test matches only in dead rubber test matches. that means when they have won the series. India played well in the last test match. they barely won, but it is fact that aus took the foot of the accelerator.

you son need to get off the crack you are smoking. i am a 100% pakistan fan. even i admit they arent the second best team or third or fourth currently. you though cant even admit india arent second best. you are deluding yourself. india are good but the best in any form of cricket is a stretch of the imagination.

Actually I said on their day, India are the best in the World, which is true. There's nothing for me to admit...I am not deluding anybody let alone myself.

and btw it's hash that I'm smoking, not crack, "son". :tongue:

(i'm not actually smoking anything)
Reply 7970
pakistan on their day are the best team in the world and so are england. sri lanka, south africa, new zealand..........
Reply 7971
Hash
It's called sportsmanship - the Captain is expected to make such comments after a match. Obviously to win the match pakistan played better, but it doesn't necessarily make them the better team. Before the match inzamam even said it didn't matter if pakistan won or lost....you can't exactly read much into that.

No it was not obvious which team played better (India v aus). India battled hard throughout the series, and we were unlucky to draw the series (e.g. both reams were almost equal). I am sure if both Tendulkar (most prolific batsman) and Ganguly (captain) had been fully fit throughout the series we may have even won it.

The result of this match doesn't determine that India is going downhill or that pakistan is going uphill. How can you infer all this from only one match???? :confused:

Let me quote Ganguly more fully (from cricinfo this time):
"They have beaten us four times in a row, obviously they have been playing better than us."

I wasn't inferring which team looks stronger from only yesterday's match...from recent matches, it is (generally) agreed that Pakistan are improving under their new coach Woolmer, they're much more disciplined than before whereas India look a little confused. I'm only saying that at the moment, Pakistan are playing better than India (not only against each other).

And as ozzoman explained, Australia beat India convincingly.

I don't think this thread is going anywhere. I'm sure no one means to degrade the other team, but these arguments will never end knowing the passion of cricket in the subcontinent. :wink:
Rugby backs usually over Rugby fowards. And basically becuase I love Rugby.
Ellie4
Rugby, becaus ethen men are more built, and generally harder :smile:

Given that many footballers seem to cry and scream their eyes out when they get a slight knock and take a massive tumble on grass, and when rugby players regularly make heavy collisions without so much an effect, I can see why people say that.
Reply 7974
have to agree with you there
Reply 7975
NDGAARONDI
Given that many footballers seem to cry and scream their eyes out when they get a slight knock and take a massive tumble on grass, and when rugby players regularly make heavy collisions without so much an effect, I can see why people say that.

The thing is footballers generally have to play up to it to an extent, to try and get the free kicks/penalties etc. but I still think theyre little girls:smile:
imasillynarb
The thing is footballers generally have to play up to it to an extent, to try and get the free kicks/penalties etc. but I still think theyre little girls:smile:

Yes, but from what I've seen there has been no decision which has been aggravated by playing it up, although it might have swayed the referee easier to give a booking/red card.
Reply 7977
Mark_KK
Rep for the first person who can tell me what the punchline is :and where I got it from : D

Bjorge something, Norwegian commentator for the Norway v England game in 1981. We lost 2-1, and he went nuts.
Hehehehehe.... somethings funny
tell us who do you support and who do you think is the weakest link in your team(at least one). you have to be honest.
ok i'll start.
team: newcastle
the weakest link: bramble(surprise surprise!) and ameobi

Latest