Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Challenge cup. Represented both GB and Wales and captained Wales in the rugby League world cup.

For gods sake notice his age. He went for the money and the international game in union, meepmeep I'm sure your more up on this than me being a Leeds fan...
Yeah, he never hid his aspirations of playing for Wales (especially in the RUWC) as his father was heavily involved in WRU I believe. He was sold for £1 million, nothing like spare change in either code and Leeds also have first refusal on him when his contract runs out at the end of this season.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
You could be Uncle Mo's grandson-in-law?
Maurice Lindsay doesnt own the pie eaters. DW does.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maurice Lindsay doesnt own the pie eaters. DW does.
Oops. My mistake. Dave Whelan's owner and Lindsay is chairman.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Both of them?

My school spawned Iain Balshaw, Will Greenwood and Kyran Bracken and one of the current England coaches taught me for quite a few years because he was a teacher at my school.

Yes both of them we have shrine to him to him in our entrance hall, i say shrine...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Yes both of them we have shrine to him to him in our entrance hall, i say shrine...
I've met Danny on a few occsaions. Not Paul though.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've met Danny on a few occsaions. Not Paul though.
Danny came back to our on a presentation night, i didn't speak to him though!
soccercrazygal
Report 15 years ago
Biggest game of the season or wha??? well not really coz arsenal in ass-kickinnn mood lol.. and yea we clear on top of the table, but man u better get their shytee right coz they in trouble, chelsea's closing in on them Ooo yeaa any predictions??

i predict 1-0 to arsenal with an henry goal :cool:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by soccercrazygal)
Biggest game of the season or wha??? well not really coz arsenal in ass-kickinnn mood lol.. and yea we clear on top of the table, but man u better get their shytee right coz they in trouble, chelsea's closing in on them Ooo yeaa any predictions??

i hope man u will win
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Aren't Man U out of the title race anyway?! :confused:
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Man,Man UTD
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Aren't Man U out of the title race anyway?! :confused:
yes, but chelsea still has a chance, and i dont support arsenal, so i wanna spoil arsena's 100% unbeatable record ;p
soccercrazygal
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yes, but chelsea still has a chance, and i dont support arsenal, so i wanna spoil arsena's 100% unbeatable record ;p
:mad: Too bad that's never gonno happen...

Damnnn too many Man U fans heree.. oh yea i wanted 2 ask u guys, do u miss Becks at all??
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Arsenal should win. Pity Cole's injured, but our attack should trouble Man U's defence quite a bit. I just hope that the number of games we have to play don't get to arsenal later on.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Damnnn too many Man U fans heree.. oh yea i wanted 2 ask u guys, do u miss Becks at all??
im not a man u fan but ive watched so many man u matches on tv, and they do miss becks!
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I doooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't miss him..he was in our school a few times
*wretch* :rolleyes:
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
im not a man u fan but ive watched so many man u matches on tv, and they do miss becks!
i'm a united fan and i admit that we are missing becks. i think that any team in the world would miss him though! should be a very interesting match tomorrow but it doesn't really mean much for united in the league- it could shape what happens in the fa cap semi tho... it would be very nice to stop arsenal from breaking the record of 29 matches unbeaten, but in the form that they are in, i cant be too optimistic
however, i dont think that arsenal will emulate what united achieved in the 98-99 season. i saw 'the kaka show' on tuesday- milan have got it all this season best team in the world at the moment and clear favourites for the champions league.
dont get too far ahead of yourselves gooner fans :rolleyes:
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
come on you gunners! Henry and Pires to score = 2-0
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Let me say a few things: we have not really been missing Beckham. Up to January we were second in a close league, making moves in the Cup and in Europe. We lost Rio and our defence went pear-shaped. Obviously we should be able to cope without him but we seem to have lost something more since then, but nothing you could attribute to Beckham. He was getting flat-footed and stagnant, he's upped his game in Spain to meet the new challenge. We've put the number 7 on the back of a player who could go on to become bigger in football terms than Beckham.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm going to put £2 on 4-1 to United. Probably odds of 100-1, and I did win big the last time the two sides met so...
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Let me say a few things: we have not really been missing Beckham. Up to January we were second in a close league, making moves in the Cup and in Europe. We lost Rio and our defence went pear-shaped. Obviously we should be able to cope without him but we seem to have lost something more since then, but nothing you could attribute to Beckham. He was getting flat-footed and stagnant, he's upped his game in Spain to meet the new challenge. We've put the number 7 on the back of a player who could go on to become bigger in football terms than Beckham.
RVN himself admitted that he himself is missing becks so how could you possibly come out with such a statement. admittedly ronaldo has phenomenal potential but he can't be expected to fill david beckham's boots straightaway. and then there is the transfer fee that we recieved- next to nothing considering what he was bringing into the club in terms of revenue from far east etc. shouldn't have sold him n that's the bottom line
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads