Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
T1000udie
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
the papers today say that man utd will get Solari on a free from Real Madrid to replace Giggs
fuglyduckling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Stevie Gerrard to Chelsea (i wish )
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went to watch today, seemed pretty cool, cant wait to get in a boat now!
roxy potter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does Burger(south africa) play number 6 as well as 7?
irishgirl
Report 14 years ago
i was just wondering, what rugby clubs do people follow,
i don't really follow any club but because i live in munster everyone around me seems to follow the rugby team, i think the whole place is rugby mad.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't really follow a club, only my national side. I guess if I came to choose one it would be London Wasps.
Allyhb1987
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by roxy potter)
Does Burger(south africa) play number 6 as well as 7?
I think he's the same as all flankers they can play on both sides but have there preferences, i think he prefers 6 but can play 7
happysoul
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Allyhb1987)
I think he's the same as all flankers they can play on both sides but have there preferences, i think he prefers 6 but can play 7
Yes, I completely agree, totally.
Allyhb1987
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by irishgirl)
i don't really follow any club but because i live in munster everyone around me seems to follow the rugby team, i think the whole place is rugby mad.
Munster are a good side, i Support Gloucester, not doing as well this year but hey
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rowed - well i didnt but some of us did at the totnes mini head today...!! and all the groups we were entered in won!!! both lots of guys and girls won... im soo proud of them all.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Allyhb1987)

oh right. i really dont know very much about rugby.
burger wasn't too hot against ireland last week though.
irishgirl
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I don't really follow a club, only my national side. I guess if I came to choose one it would be London Wasps.

wasps are good all right.especially since they were the ones to knock munster out of the heiniken cup. cant wait to see what will happen this year. i don't know very much about them though. if i was to start supporting them around here though i'd probably be killed.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Jai alai and hurling.
i know i said somewhere that i live in a rugby dominated are but they are mad about their hurling here too.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Hull R.L.F.C.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bath
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by roxy potter)
i know i said somewhere that i live in a rugby dominated are but they are mad about their hurling here too.
Cool. Don't tell me they all support either Kilkenny or Cork?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if i was to start supporting them around here though i'd probably be killed.
Because they beat Munster? Well what happened if you supported Tulousse(sp)?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fix???

--------------------
Phil Taylor has won the Darts Challenge in Purfleet after a dramatic withdrawal by Andy Fordham.
Taylor had been leading 5-2 when Fordham requested a break after struggling with his breathing in the high temperatures at the Essex venue.

"I'm absolutely devastated," said Taylor. "The heat has just taken its toll on him out there.

"In the seventh set Andy said to me 'I can't breathe properly' so we requested the break, and that was that."
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Say, why don't they use Man Utd's stadium since they have a greater capacity?
Basically the R.F.L. got totally stung over the 2000 world cup and lost something like 2 million on the tournament. Memories of this include half empty stadiums not helped by torrential rain, strange kick off times (Tuesday evening) and a rail strike. Add to all this the farce by which some low ranking admin worker at the R.F.L. sold the exclusive broadcast rights to the tournmanet twice and they had to pay something like 200K in compensation to avoid a court case. The R.F.L was a couple of mill in the red and only recently have got "back in the black".

If GB failed to get to the final of the Gilette tri nations they wouldn't have sold many more than 25,000 tickets.

25,000 people knocking about in a 65K stadium would have been crap.

Instead they have sold out a 40K stadium for the tournaments inagural year.

Not bad, even if it was at O T I very much doubt that they would have sold it out. The international game is currently in a stage of recovery after the farce that was the 99 tri-nations, the 2000 world cup and the rediculous one off Sydney test match that resulted in a 66-10 tanking from a Aussie side that was battle hardened from State of Origin.

They regularly used to get 80K at Wembley for Aussies games, I think that these days will return but G.B. have to first prove they are a half decent side.

Believe it or not it is 30 years since G.B. have won a tournament / series.

20 years ago 3 games against the Kiwis drew a COMBINED attendance of 20K, this year we got over 20K for each INDIVIDUAL game against them.

Either way the Gilette tri-nations has been a resounding success and at a rough estimate should generate around 3 million before expenses and prize money is paid.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why do you hate to call it a sport?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads