Report 14 years ago
Half of the above are complete idiots.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Either way I am pretty confident that the tophy is comming to West London this season
I agree. :cool: :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does the above table assume that Chelsea have changed manager during the season rather than after along with the new players brought in?
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
man utd only beat arsenal due to some biased reffing (this is coming from a neutral viewpoint). arsenal did not deserve to lose to a penalty that never was taken by a player who should not have been on the pitch. i think arsenal will get their just deserves...
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
man utd only beat arsenal due to some biased reffing (this is coming from a neutral viewpoint). arsenal did not deserve to lose to a penalty that never was taken by a player who should not have been on the pitch. i think arsenal will get their just deserves...
You forget about cole taking down Ronaldo in the box, neutral my arse.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Matilda)
Man U have been going downhill ever since Beckham left, they're not even worth watching any more.
Except Beckham wasn't first team in his final season, it would have been more appropriate to say 'Man U have been going downhill since Solskjaer got injured'. Besides however watching Beckham play isn't as exciting as watching Ronaldo even if Beckham is better, which on current form is definately up for debate.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
You forget about cole taking down Ronaldo in the box, neutral my arse.
as neutral as a Koppite can be...
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I was talking to Frogmore tonight (the pompey mascot). He says Harry was in tears when he left the ground earlier today... with all the fans still singing his name outside and everything.

I think Mandaric in no way wanted Redknapp to leave. He was trying to get all this together and I think he went too far, believing he could get it all to work. He wanted to fill this club's potential perhaps too quickly, and Harry obviously felt alienated by this. Jim would of course stay faithful to 'Arry and vice-versa.

However about Mandaric and Harry and what was the best thing for Pompey: they were both great things. Without Mandaric's money and business expertise, Harry wouldn't have come in the first place. But without Harry obviously, we wouldn't have gotten promoted or anything.

In the end I would have to choose Mandaric over Redknapp if I absolutely had to. Of course I'm very very disappointed and angry about this whole thing, but the club is still stable at least... and I still don't think we will get relegated.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Harry Redknapp is one of the nice guys of football, I feel he has been roughly treated by that Mandaric fella poor Harry

:tsr:
I thought he was a nice guy too until I saw an interview last week in which he started by saying he was the best manager in the clubs history and subsequently went on to list his achievements. Even if it's true, no need to blow your own trumpet Harry. I don't like managers who dwell on past success.
Anyway Farewell Harry and Farewell Portsmouth (within 2/3 seasons max)
teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's just the results from January 1 2004 until today
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
From Sky Sports.com
------------------------------------------
England skipper Jason Robinson believes that England and Great Britain can send Australia packing in both codes of the oval ball in a glorious rugby double.

England, world champions of the 15-man code, will be looking to avenge their 51-15 summer mauling, while the Great Britain league side are aiming for the Tri-Nations title in a mouth-watering clash at Elland Road.

Robinson, who has been a star in both codes, believes that Australia will have nothing to cheer about come Sunday morning.

"Beating the Aussies in both games would be a massive achievement, especially for league," said the England skipper, who won 12 caps for Great Britain before switching codes.

"I've played in a few series against Australia in league and we've always seemed to win the first Test and then lose the next two.

"Now they have a great opportunity to land a trophy and it would be a massive boost for rugby league in this country if we won. I know the boys can do it – they've defeated the Aussies once already in the Tri-Nations.

Robinson revealed that the England squad had sent Great Britain a good luck message and will be hoping that a victory at Twickenham will help spur them on against the Kangaroos.

"We signed a card for them today and will write them an email on Saturday wishing them all the best. Everyone has signed the card – a lot of the guys watch league and we support them fully," said Robinson.
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just bought new boots But I haven't had a chance to play in them yet.. since Saturday! I feel SO unfit I haven't played in over a week. I can't find anybody to play with...

Sorry I had to get that out
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the England womens' team often plays down here at Fratton Park so sometimes I go and watch them. Better than most people would give them credit for
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I see.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cool.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is quite interesting.
Obviously, if Mourinho had been with Chelsea since January, as much as I hate to say it, then they would have been top by a little way, imo.
It also shows how much of a slump Man Utd have had (in comparison to recent years), but still managed to be in the top 3 (last season), and are still up there this season.
And also how much Liverpool have slipped behind the others, and how well Boro and Bolton have been playing.
Strange to see Villa in there, but I guess they've been very consistent this year.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pompey fans must be gutted. He turned an average Div One side into Champions in a single season and won't be replaced easily.

On the plus side, hopefully this'll mean Pompey get sucked back into the mire. The more the merrier
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arsenal are undoubtedly the better footballing team, but without Campbell defence is just something at the bottom of degarden for them. Plus they're absolutely e in Europe, which is where a team's true quality is shown.

As for Man Utd, Ferguson needs to be replaced sooner rather than later if they want to get back to winning anything. He should never have sold Stam and his buys (Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand aside) have proved dodgy for the past couple of seasons.

I want Chelsea to win the title this season (well no, I want Palace to win it, but I'm not insane) because of the number of English players in the side. And so I don't have to hear any more glory hunting I've-followed-Arsenal-for-five-minutes Gooners :rolleyes:.

As for Arse v Man U, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who wins, you win the Premiership by beating the little teams. Man Utd won it year after year because they aaalways beat Derby on a cold Tuesday evening in January. Their record against the top clubs was never that good, but they were guaranteed to wallop anyone from 5th place down home and away.

Once Chelsea get their act together striker-wise I have a feeling they'll be the team to dominate.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Arsenal are undoubtedly the better footballing team, but without Campbell defence is just something at the bottom of degarden for them. Plus they're absolutely e in Europe, which is where a team's true quality is shown.

As for Man Utd, Ferguson needs to be replaced sooner rather than later if they want to get back to winning anything. He should never have sold Stam and his buys (Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand aside) have proved dodgy for the past couple of seasons.

I want Chelsea to win the title this season (well no, I want Palace to win it, but I'm not insane) because of the number of English players in the side. And so I don't have to hear any more glory hunting I've-followed-Arsenal-for-five-minutes Gooners :rolleyes:.

As for Arse v Man U, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who wins, you win the Premiership by beating the little teams. Man Utd won it year after year because they aaalways beat Derby on a cold Tuesday evening in January. Their record against the top clubs was never that good, but they were guaranteed to wallop anyone from 5th place down home and away.

Once Chelsea get their act together striker-wise I have a feeling they'll be the team to dominate.
I completely disagree. Man U have more quality players, and more strength in depth than Arsenal, and do not have arsenal's reliance on a couple of key players (Campbell, Viera and Henry).
They also have two quality goalkeepers (two more than arsenal ).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed