Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by teamvillage)
So you would have the same issues with the US holding the Olympics, on the basis of Iraq and the Patriot Acts?
Whilst I definitely don't agree with the Iraqi war or the Patriot Act, the US is not as bad with civil rights as China is.

To take one example, you wouldn't find people getting executed in the US for things like.. pimping.
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i very well could be, but i have been obsessed with stephen hendry since i knew what snooker was... so basically when he was winning everything i got obsessed with him and that obsession never quite left me lol!!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Oi, Charlie has been playing really well, well, that is except against the Wallabies.
True. Although really I should be criticising the coach for not dealing with it sooner. Such as make a substitution after the two clear misses etc. This way it can help him get back on track. You see, he must be feeling awful after the game, which won't help. So, replace him earlier through the game in an attempt to help everyone out. No idea what happened to Mike Catt, think I've missed something.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WITHOUT cheating (ie just using your memory), I want you to name as many outfield Italian internationals as you can (past or present) whose surname ends in a consonant. If you would care to PM them to me, then we can see who got the highest number and ensure no-one just 'stole' someone else's idea......

............go!
Chrism
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Diego Fuser is the only one that immediately springs to mind. If you allowed keepers I'd add Zoff and Buffon, but again it's rather difficult.
ben3085
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They always show the same goal on football tv shows when they talk about own goals, and always conclude that it's the best. The man who scores it is Wayne Hatswell for Forest Green Rovers in the FA Cup. He picks the ball up just around his own 6-yard box. Goes for a big, clearance but ends up belting the ball into the top right hand corner of his own goal.
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Better coverage is available at:

http://nbahoopsonline.com/Pics/video/fight2.asx
It says a username and password are needed.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the winner is.......Chrism!

:rolleyes:

I thought of Sartor and Vierchowod as well, but there's really not that many. As the torrent of PMs and replies I received shows....
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL worth a try. Are you really that bored!
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Not so long ago - Portsmouth v Crystal Palace.

An absolutely outstanding own goal by one of the Palace defenders. He flicked an incoming cross with the outside of his boot. The ball looped over the keeper into the far corner
That was the best God Damn goal I've ever seen

He flicked it with his back foot, perfectly placed backbards over the keeper and into the top corner. Priceless.

Tony Popovic. I celebrated as if he'd scored at the other end
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
poll following
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
whos your young player(21 or under) of the year?
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom86)
whos your young player(21 or under) of the year?
Downing. Because I refuse to vote for an Arsenal, United or Chelsea player
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
yeah, are there any players under 21 play for liverpool? cos i was looking for it, couldnt find any! :eek:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're talking about the calendar year then it's got to be Rooney, otherwise, young Stewie.

And Arjen Robben?! Don't make my tits wobble.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Jenas doesnt play for Arsenal, United or Chelsea
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How could it be Robben?

Both he and Rooney were at euro 2004, fair enough for the last 8 or so games he's been great, but not all year.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Jenas doesnt play for a top team
I wonder why?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
How could it be Robben?

Both he and Rooney were at euro 2004, fair enough for the last 8 or so games he's been great, but not all year.
Robben's been amazing all of this year...
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Robben's been amazing all of this year...
But he's only been in England for a few months and I assume this poll is for English based players only.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed