Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
All credit to Everton and Moyes has done a fantastic job with limited resources(manager of the season already I reckon) but people tend to forget Utd and Arsenal have the CL prioritised above the prem.
I always thought the priorities were something like this:

1. Premiership
2. Champions League
3. FA Cup
4. League Cup

Although FA Cup and Champions League can be swapped around.

Arsenal are poor in the Champions League compared to other British teams.
hams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i am really really disappionted about sky getting the rights to show all of englands home cricket matches. we just go rid of our sky tv. it going to rule out an entier group of people.

if they want kids to get more involved in sport whay dont they show more of it on tv!!!!!!!!! i makes sense.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
It's an absolute shocker. Even worse is that the ECB tried to justify it, when we can all see the only thing that Sky had over the others was money. No other reason for it, despite what they claim. Just when cricket's popularity was on the up again.
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sports Soccer always have printed shirts. If not, just buy a top then get the number on it.
hams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
It's an absolute shocker. Even worse is that the ECB tried to justify it, when we can all see the only thing that Sky had over the others was money. No other reason for it, despite what they claim. Just when cricket's popularity was on the up again.
what did they try and justifity it with?
EPD
Report 14 years ago
From BBC Sport
"This is a very good deal for cricket as it guarantees wide accessibility to watch or listen to the action and secures the future development of the game from playground to Test arena."

Wide accessibility my arse.
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well a few games will still be on channel 5... so alls not lost :|
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unrelated.

Arent the English playing the Saffies at present?
EPD
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Unrelated.

Arent the English playing the Saffies at present?
Yeah, the first test starts tomorrow. The performance against South Africa A wasn't very reassuring though.....
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Watching cricket...

Isn't this thread something similar?

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78878
devesh254
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
well ive said it before and i'll say it again ...

no wonder you guys aren't currently...and will never ever be....the best (or infact half-good) at cricket
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thank f*ck. Means up north we don't need to suffer from that p!sh on terristrial for weeks at a time. :elefant:
hams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
Thank f*ck. Means up north we don't need to suffer from that p!sh on terristrial for weeks at a time. :elefant:
yeah i do feel sorry for you lot that hate criket.
hams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by devesh254)

no wonder you guys aren't currently...and will never ever be....the best (or infact half-good) at cricket
i am idian as well but you cant win every match when was the last time india had a winning strick of matches
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im also a cricket fan and dont believe if should have been moved to sky, however test matches dont generally attract 'as many' younger people/new audiences to the game, as most people watch it and come to the conclusion cricket is boring. What they should do is show one-day matches on channel 4 and that would get alot more people watching. Anyway watching England play test matches can sometimes be rather dull.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by devesh254)

If your referring to England, then all i got to say is 2nd in the world mate.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
If your referring to England, then all i got to say is 2nd in the world mate.
If you are referring to them being the 2nd best team based on the 'test' rankings, then most people know that they dont reflect who is the best or 2nd best etc. Most people would say after the Aussies, India/SA have the best team.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
If you are referring to them being the 2nd best team based on the 'test' rankings, then most <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people </a> know that they dont reflect who is the best or 2nd best etc. Most <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people </a> would say after the Aussies, India/SA have the best team.
mmm i would agree with the rankings. i know it will be a very tough tour but i expect England to edge it probs 2-1 or 3-1. I look foward to thw Aussies next year as i feel for the very first time in many years it will be a very competative and close series.
As for 2nd best team in the world lets analyse the eng team;
Trescothick- Okay has not done alot away from home averaging 32 but when he's on form you couldnt ask for anything more.
Strauss- Come into the test side beautifully, done well and more then proved he is capable with competing with the best in the world.
Butcher- Very experienced professional, been there done it all
Vaughan- an enigmatic captain, and breathtaking batsman, if he can rediscover the form he showed in Australia then i think we have a great chance beating any team in the world on any day.
Thorpe- Experienced, gritty, strokemaster, maybe englands best batsman?
Flintoff- Explosive batter and bowler, holds the key in this series and the Ashes
Jones- Good batter and more then capable behind the stumps
Giles- Okay hes not going to run through a batting line up but a tidy and at times very effective bowler
Jones- Worked hard yet to see best, but looks good.
Hoggard- Some say a one dimensional cricketer, when the balls not swinging hes nothing but i sisagree been a great servant and stalwart for England over the last couple of years.
Harmison- Brilliant, quick, bouncy, agressive, worlds best bowler at the moment
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
lol, no way thats the best 11 in the world!

damn, that aint even the best 11 in liverpool!!!
wow, i've just realised that this thread is over 1 and a half months long, and, at the time of posting, Everton were third in the league.
Look where we are now!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe... I think an update on my views is due.

GK: Buffon

DCL: Cannavaro
DCR: Nesta
DC: Terry

MR: C. Ronaldo
ML: Nedved
MC: Zidane
AMC: Rooney

FR: Adriano
FL: Ronaldinho
SC: Shevchenko

SB1: Cech
SB2: Hyypia
SB3: Carvalho
SB4: Lampard
SB5: Kaka
SB6: Robben
SB7: Henry

slightly attack-minded, but hell would this be a team and a half?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise