Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Two Saffie batsmen out for a duck so far *chuckles*

Anyway.. first Zimbabwe, now this. Morgan needs to resign.

Even worse is that the ECB tried to justify it, when we can all see the only thing that Sky had over the others was money. No other reason for it, despite what they claim. Just when cricket's popularity was on the up again.
    Exactly.. me and my friends got into cricket last year after watching it on Channel 4, and were looking forward to the next test matches. Now what have the ECB done? I might get Sky Sports because I really do want to watch cricket, but I'm not sure if its worth it. But the point is that now the only people with access to cricket will be those who already have Sky Sports, and generally, already like cricket. And its interesting that Sky refuse to disclose their ratings for Test matches..
    Grr.. if they want more youth interest in cricket it has to be on terrestial TV. Simple. The ECB are clearly money grabbing morons.. this may be a good idea for the short term as they have more money to do God knows what with (because they certainly aren't putting much into grass roots cricket) but in the long term, cricket is screwed. Its so short sighted to remove it from terrestial television.
    Lord Maclaurin deserves blame for this too.. he was the one that fought for crickets removal from the list of sports which have to remain on terrestial TV.

ReputationRep:
    I've just emailed the Chairman of the ECB to register my disgust.

[email protected]

Others should do the same. We can't change the decision but at least we can let them know how we feel.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you guys think Arsenal are going to beat BAYERN! They drew AWAY at minor greek, dutch and norwegian team. And how many did they win (or not) in the group stage ----- get real!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    And you support?
    Los Culés (Barça)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    arsenal, chelsea and liverpool (the shock team) to go throught.

man u will put up a good fight, but their defence will let them down again...
    I'd agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    I can't believe you guys think Arsenal are going to beat BAYERN! They drew AWAY at minor greek, dutch and norwegian team. And how many did they win (or not) in the group stage ----- get real!
    its over 2 legs dood.

away draws are very useful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    its over 2 legs dood.

away draws are very useful...
    Especially when you score (which they did).

ReputationRep:
    ok i sent that ho3bag an email, i didnt correct it so some of it mite not make sense...i just wrote what came from the top of my head...

"you are a disgrace... english cricket does not need money.. it needs support and a man of your knowledge seems to lack direction to the future of cricket. Cricket will inevitably become more unknown and in a couple generations it will come to a sadening death. What youve done is not right and next time think about the consequences before jumping at the idea of more money. Next time look at the whole picture. You might be getting a big cheque but, long-term, English cricket will suffer

Best of luck"

'This is worst thing that could happen to English cricket'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    GK: Buffon

DCL: Cannavaro
    DCR: Nesta
    DC: Terry

MR: C. Ronaldo
    ML: Nedved
    MC: Zidane
    AMC: Rooney

FR: Adriano
    FL: Ronaldinho
    SC: Shevchenko

SB1: Cech
    SB2: Hyypia
    SB3: Carvalho
    SB4: Lampard
    SB5: Kaka
    SB6: Robben
    SB7: Henry
    Good team, but may I ask what Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney have done to be in it?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why can you only vote one team? I voted for a team with intention of voting another, oh well.
    how do i edit the poll, my question was rather vague :confused: and why do i get the fealing that most ppl think utd will lose out to AC!

ReputationRep:
    because AC milan is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Arsenal will beat Bayern. We could have got a worse draw, and I dunno, I just have a gut feeling that Arsenal will go through.

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    FC Porto v Inter Milan
    Barcelona v Chelsea
    Werder Bremen v Lyon
    Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen
    PSV v Monaco
    Manchester United v AC Milan - I hope. But its a tough call
    Bayern Munich v Arsenal

I REALLY want Utd to win!! Its going to be a good match! I'm also looking forward to Chelski being kicked out in style!

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid faced Juve in 2002/3 didn't they? and Juve won?.....or am I making this up?

ReputationRep:
    I think they all have an equal chance to get through, even though I believe Liverpool and Arsenal cannot win the CL overall.
    Also alot will depend on if any big guns get injured.

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    FC Porto v Inter Milan
    Barcelona v Chelsea
    Werder Bremen v Lyon
    PSV v Monaco
    Manchester United v AC Milan
    Bayern Munich v Arsenal

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    We'll see......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    FC Porto v Inter Milan
    Barcelona v Chelsea
    Werder Bremen v Lyon
    PSV v Monaco
    Bayern Munich v Arsenal
    Pah! United will beat Milan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Real Madrid faced Juve in 2002/3 didn't they? and Juve won?.....or am I making this up?
    Yeah Nedved wonder goal

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    FC Porto v Inter Milan
    Barcelona v Chelsea
    Werder Bremen v Lyon
    PSV v Monaco
    Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.