Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Davie_Moyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Another Saturday, first home game at Fir Park in months. Missed three aways this year but not got to many home games. Can't wait to see the Well today - first time in a month.

Can't beat a freezing cold Saturday watching the fitba'. Add into that a Scotch Pie and then we are talking
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which is nice.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...html?gusrc=rss
vavavoom86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Real Madrid v Juventus
FC Porto v Inter Milan
Barcelona v Chelsea
Werder Bremen v Lyon
Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen
PSV v Monaco
Manchester United v AC Milan
Bayern Munich v Arsenal
Chrism
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You mean there actually ARE Wednesday fans?
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OK, Carlton Palmer. All I can say is I feel EXTREMELY sorry for you!!!!!

-Worst manager ever to take the reigns at Stockport County, and worst manager in the football league whilst he was at County (in terms of points picked up per game).
-Arrogant son-of-a-b*tch who will never admit that the team were cr*p, and would always use the excuse "we're a small club with no money" and "the squad is young" (at least Sammy McIlroy always came out and said "we were dire" when we deserved it - a quality I respect in all managers).
-Described the County fans as 'fickle' in an interview whilst he was still our manager, to which the chants at the next game were "We're not fickle, yes we are"
-Absolutely terrible man-management skills. Players that ever question his 'wisdom', even in the most polite manner, were immediately shown the door. Not surprisingly, these players were usually our best and most experienced players. For a manager on his first job, this is incredibly reckless (I could understand Wenger or Fergusan not liking to be questioned, but Palmer was hardly of equal reputation!!).
-Although he's probably given up on playing now, whilst at County he insisted on playing himself week-in week-out, even though he was a big, gangly clumsy oaf and we had an excellent England under-21 centre-back sitting on the bench. I have specific memories of him at Barnsley losing the ball infront of goal twice after trying to take on strikers, with the result being two-goals down in 20 mins!!! He still played himself the week after!!!

To summarise, Palmers big problem is that his arrogance blinds him. He see's himself as some expert manager, when he is only really starting out. He completely lacks any personal or football skills (both managerial and playing - being the worst player ever to for England).
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Should be a great match, i'm going to it, i think its on Sky, anyone else going?
Who do ya think is going to win the Championship?
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
Leeds united are WINNING, thats right, WINNING

im so happy, id thought id share it
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You also won't believe this, this is in the wrong subforum.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This isn't really in the wrong forum.
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
why do u always get ppl like him.

"thats in wrong forum"

CHILL OUT MAN

leeds are winning
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
This isn't really in the wrong forum.
It is to do with sport, therefore it is in the wrong subforum.
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
i bet he was a right teachers pet
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JamieBecks23)
why do u always get ppl like him.

"thats in wrong forum"

CHILL OUT MAN

leeds are winning
:mad:

You really aught to pay more attention, and a little more respect, to "people (NOT "ppl" as text talk is prohibited here) like him" as he's giving you a gentle reminder.

Moderators don't take kindly to persistantly posting in the incorrect subforum, and don't make exceptions just because of the football score.

Don't come here shouting the odds, and acting up to the experienced members, just because you're relatively new. Learn to put things in the right place.
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
geez, all i put was leeds are winning, cmon, it dont happen that often
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
millwall equalized

guess who scored it?

JODY MORRIS

and where did he run?

Towards the leeds fans :mad:
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
:mad:

You really aught to pay more attention, and a little more respect, to "people (NOT "ppl" as text talk is prohibited here) like him" as he's giving you a gentle reminder.

Moderators don't take kindly to persistantly posting in the incorrect subforum, and don't make exceptions just because of the football score.

Don't come here shouting the odds, and acting up to the experienced members, just because you're relatively new. Learn to put things in the right place.
You make it sound like a posh restaurant.... sometimes this forum can be quite tragic.
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
YOu wouldn't be referring to...

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvv vvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee - Nnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll

Would you?

After the last few performances I can see us (Palace) going down. It's going to be close though, the only team I can see being left behind is West Brom.

no of course not
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
Should be a great match, i'm going to it, i think its on Sky, anyone else going?
Who do ya think is going to win the Championship?
Been an ipswich fan, i'd love to say ipswich but i think our squad size may prove too small, i reckon sunderland will win eventually, wigan arent as good as the table suggests. tuesday could go either way, we need to be at out best, last year wigan broke up our play too easily, they were a difficult outfit to pass through. Hopefully, well learn from mistakes.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So..

Half way through the season (okay.. nearly..) and the top five looks like this..

1 Chelsea 18 43
2 Arsenal 18 38
3 Everton 18 37
4 Man Utd 18 34
5 Boro 18 32

It's been a good season so far, full of ups and downs, for instance, Arsenal losing their 49 match unbeaten run against Manchester United, Manchester United themselves not performing to the high standard that they are used to, Everton being the surprise team of the season with their results.

What are your predictions?

Let's look at the next five fixtures who each team in the top five....

Chelsea:
Villa (h), Portsmouth (a), Liverpool (a), Middlesbrough (h), Tottenham (a)

Arsenal:
Fulham (h), Newcastle (a), Charlton (a), Man City (h), Bolton (a)

Everton:
Man City (h), Charlton (a), Tottenham (a), Portsmouth (h), Middlesbrough (a)

Man' United:
Bolton (h), Villa (a), Middlesbrough (a), Tottenham (h), Liverpool (a)

Middlesbrough:
Birmingham (a), Norwich (h), Man United (h), Chelsea (a), Everton (h)

A lot of hard games coming up for each team in the top five, although I would say Arsenal seem to have the easiest route through the next five games..

At the bottom
I personally can't see any other contenders for the drop other than the current bottom four teams. These are;

17 Norwich 18 15
18 Crystal Palace 18 14
19 Southampton 18 13
20 West Brom 18 10

West Bromwich Albion look to be in a dire situation at the moment, and, if the scenario where the bottom team at christmas always gets relegated happens again, then they should get planning for life in division 1 (or its lovely new name "The Championship").

Their last 4 games of the season pits them against Boro, Man Utd, Arsenal and Portsmouth - four teams that are going to be incredibly hard to break down, as you feel each one of those teams will be fighting with everything they have to finish as high as they possibly can..

My surprise team to finish in the lower regions of the bottom half will be Fulham. You just have to feel that Malbranque will have left by the end of the season, he is far too good to be playing with a group of average players, and needs to move on. By looking at their final five matches I can't really see where the points are going to come from;

19 April 2005
Barclays Premiership
Middlesbrough v Fulham, 19:45
23 April 2005
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Fulham, 15:00
30 April 2005
Barclays Premiership
Fulham v Everton, 15:00
07 May 2005
Barclays Premiership
Blackburn v Fulham, 15:00
14 May 2005
Barclays Premiership
Fulham v Norwich, 15:00

The permierleague is a marathon, and I feel that there are lots of twists and turns left before any team can be named as Champions. How is your team doing at the moment? Which areas of your team would you want to improve in the January transfer window? Who will get into the UEFA Cup/Champs League? :hello:

Dan
Refused
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As a Spurs fan, I'm relieved that after our poor form and shamble with the last manager, we've moved up the table after 4 consecutive wins. And in that period we also played some nice football to top it off.

I couldn't care less who'll win the league but Chelsea are proving that the premiership can be bought.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed