Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    Hitzelsberger
    SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What's happened to Angel this season? He was top notch last year, this season he's :xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:s. Typical Villa.

Also, is it just me or does Hitzelsberger not start most games? Whenever i watch he seems to be on the bench. Suprising, he's a good player with a stunning left foot on him. I'd start him every time. Could be wrong though..
    Angel has been really poor this season, more so of late. To our dismay!
    Hitzlsperger has the best left foot in the prem, but needs to work on his all round game. His passing/vision/tackling is still not quite up to scratch.
    One positive from these last few dissapointing games has been Steven Davis (19), he's only slight, but has tremendous vision and is a clever passer.

O'Leary is top-drawer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if anyone saw the feature after the Manchester United Vs. Fulham match last sunday or not with the worst 5 goalkeeping howlers ever. Number one was by a goalkeeper called Piplica who was playing for Energie Cottbus. I have searched on the internet for this, and have found out that the clip came from a game against borussia monchengladbaek which ended as a 3-3 draw back in 2002 i think.

What i want to know is if there is any way of getting hold of a clip of this.. i considered e-mailing sky sports but have yet to do so.

Any help is grealty appereciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol... it got ridiculous. I remember seeing him play against Fulham and us screaming shoot from the edge of our own box!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if anyone saw the feature after the Manchester United Vs. Fulham match last sunday or not with the worst 5 goalkeeping howlers ever. Number one was by a goalkeeper called Piplica who was playing for Energie Cottbus. I have searched on the internet for this, and have found out that the clip came from a game against borussia monchengladbaek which ended as a 3-3 draw back in 2002 i think.

What i want to know is if there is any way of getting hold of a clip of this.. i considered e-mailing sky sports but have yet to do so.

Any help is grealty appereciated.
    No but it was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    The only other player who has a left foot worth mentioning alongside him is Laurent Robert. Both stunning strikers of the ball, shame Robert is useless other then that. I agree that Tomasz isn't the best all-round player, but he's still good enough imo for a start.

David O'Leary is a very good manager, and given funds could take you places. Cant see it happening while Ellis is there though.

ReputationRep:
    So you saw it aswell? I was laughing for a good 5 minutes after that. I recorded it on my phone, but it's not that good quality. I want a proper clip. I can't believe he stood and watched it bounce of his head.

If i were to e-mail Sky, you think they'd respond?

ReputationRep:
    The only other player who has a left foot worth mentioning alongside him is Laurent Robert. Both stunning strikers of the ball, shame Robert is useless other then that. I agree that Tomasz isn't the best all-round player, but he's still good enough imo for a start.
    IMO:

Hendrie > Hitz > Davis > Berson

...with McCann a certain to always start.

However, Davis and Berson have the potential to move up this ranking.

ReputationRep:
    So you saw it aswell? I was laughing for a good 5 minutes after that. I recorded it on my phone, but it's not that good quality. I want a proper clip. I can't believe he stood and watched it bounce of his head.

If i were to e-mail Sky, you think they'd respond?
    I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Thought not. Shame, it was good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Please try to describe Chris Turner in a sentence for the benefit of us Stockport County fans, who have just had the misfortune of learning that he is our new manager.

*I challenge you to describe him without the words "drab", "dour", "yes-man", "unambitious" and "cr*p".*
    Rather have him any day than barry Fry........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    IMO:

Hendrie > Hitz > Davis > Berson

...with McCann a certain to always start.

However, Davis and Berson have the potential to move up this ranking.
    From what I saw on Saturday, Davis was immense, and a super talent. McCann was like a sack of potatoes running around panting and kicking everything that went near him (even his own player at one point) - a poor man's Robbie Savage - just lungs and runs.

But Davis really was exceptional, and Berson wasn't half bad either. Man of the Match though had to go to Gareth Barry. He was brilliant all the way through and everything Villa done seemed to go through him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Man of the Match though had to go to Gareth Barry. He was brilliant all the way through and everything Villa done seemed to go through him.
    Glad to see someone else noticed Barry, I personally think England should have recalled him a while back, as a midfielder this time.

ReputationRep:
    So many people think Arsenal will win, they're rubbish in Europe...

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid v Juventus - Real
    FC Porto v Inter Milan - Inter
    Barcelona v Chelsea - Chelsea (Probably going to be close though)
    Werder Bremen v Lyon - Lyon
    Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen - Bayer (Sorry, but i don't think liverpool can get through even against them)
    PSV v Monaco - PSV (dunno why, just a feeling)
    Manchester United v AC Milan - Man U
    Bayern Munich v Arsenal - Arsenal (unfortunately!)

ReputationRep:
    Here's what sky sports think: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...sp?hlid=245342

I reckon:
    .............................Mar tyn

McMahon........Terry...........J aidi...........Gallas

....................Gravesen.... Lampard
    Robben.......................... ...................Downing

....................Johnson..... ..Bellamy

ReputationRep:
    HMM

gerrard > graveson

baros hasnt done enough to get on it yet..

henry upfront (top scorer nuff said!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEWUSERNAME)
    gerrard > graveson
    Gerrard was injured for 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Gerrard was injured for 2 months.
    So was Robben.

ReputationRep:
    I would like Henry and Defoe up front (possible doubt over Defoe, but I think he's performed consistently well this season to merit a place).
    Cech in goal probably.
    Possibly Heinze instead of Gallas ?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.