Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Posession was, as is usually the case, the difference. And we had more of it.
    Erm... it really isn't. We had five clear cut chances that we should've taken. The game would've been much different had they gone in.

You won anyway, so there is no point talking about it. We need to look forward to the Chelsea game.

ReputationRep:
    Only Arsenal can finish above Chelsea imo, but they wont.

ReputationRep:
    From what i've heard Villa had a lot more possession. A good team will be able to convert possession into goals, Villa didn't.
    The difference between the two teams was Boro were lethal in front of goal (as has been for most of the season), and Villa weren't.
    Possession isn't the biggest thing, it's taking your chances. I'm an Evertonian, we should have scored soooo many more goals than we have this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    From what i've heard Villa had a lot more possession. A good team will be able to convert possession into goals, Villa didn't.
    The difference between the two teams was Boro were lethal in front of goal (as has been for most of the season), and Villa weren't.
    Possession isn't the biggest thing, it's taking your chances. I'm an Evertonian, we should have scored soooo many more goals than we have this season.
    Exactly. (although from the stats, boro had more possession).

There are many positives to take out of the game (other than the result).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    There are many positives to take out of the game (other than the result).
    Yeah, I suppose so. Although, the main reason why you didn't get anything out of the game was due to poor offensive play.
    Just get that ironed out and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Yeah, I suppose so. Although, the main reason why you didn't get anything out of the game was due to poor offensive play.
    Just get that ironed out and you'll be fine!
    Yeah, and then it'll be something else. I'm concerned more about our shocking defending of late.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and then it'll be something else. I'm concerned more about our shocking defending of late.
    Oh aye yeah, forgot about that. heh heh!!

ReputationRep:
    ...with 620 points Ronaldhinio!

Interesting stuff! Henry was a close second with 552 and Schevchenko a distant third with a mere 253. I would've thought that it would be slightly tighter....oh well!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to mention that, the way Jimmy was alllowed to cut inside for the first goal was purely bad defensive play.

I would also say that once we had that one goal we were lucky at the back at times, Angel should of scored when he instead miscued wide, and we were very good on the break.

ReputationRep:
    Birgit Prinz winning by nearly 100 points after a poor season was more of a surprise. Blimey. Nice to see Marta rack up a decent points total as well.

ReputationRep:
    I saw England play Belgium at Futsal, at Bath.
    I just remembered this thread and I thought I'd reply to this. The england's men's futsal team is pretty rubbish, and recently got thrashed 21-nothing or something. There is no women's futsal squad, so technically, the ladies' GB team for the world muslim championships is the only proper ladies futsal team in GB. And futsal is hugely well know all around the world, and is played in most places.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote an article for my college magazine recently, and am about to send it off to Bristol as a piece of "written work"....it is required to show my "communication skills" for my MEng Engineering Design course. They said it doesn't need to be something from school and this article is something I quite enjoyed writing.

I have attached the article, so if you could please check it and provide me with your views. Criticism is WELCOMED ...I know the English is real scrappy so PLEASE feel free to give your suggestions!

In order to maintain the privacy of the people and colleges involved in the game I have abbreviated all the names to single letters...hope this isn't too confusing!

If you want you can contact me directly by private messaging me, or just reply to this post! :hello:
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Article -- Basketball Match -- Sent to forums.doc (96.5 KB, 52 views)

ReputationRep:
    A ladies team footballer was allegedly head-butted and police were called when a match descended into violence on Teesside.

The MFC Ladies reserve team were playing Coventry City Ladies reserves at Eston Sports Academy on Sunday when trouble erupted.

Tempers flared after Boro's Kate Foster tackled a Coventry player and the referee waved play on.

It is alleged the sister of the tackled Coventry player then charged down the pitch and head-butted Kate .

The match was abandoned and police confirmed today that a Coventry player was arrested.

MFC Ladies reserve team manager Trevor Wing said: "I feel sorry for Kate because she didn't deserve it.

"The girls weren't very happy.

"We quietened things down and we called an ambulance immediately. The police came and stopped the players while they were in the car park.

"We will be dealing with it ourselves internally."

Marrie Wieczorek, MFC Ladies first team coach, wasn't at the game but was told about the clash afterwards.

She said: "I have been involved with the Middlesbrough Ladies team for 27 years and this is the worst incident I have ever come across.

"We have a lot of young players in our reserve team, some as young as 15, and they were shocked by what happened and very scared.

"It didn't last long and only a few players got involved.

Kate was taken to hospital suffering from mild concussion and a suspected broken nose.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a 17-year-old woman was arrested by Cleveland Police for an alleged assault at Eston Sports Academy.

"She was released on police bail pending further inquiries."

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4110135.stm

any repeat and they could get expelled from tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    fookin joke :mad:
    10 times that would have been too lenient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    fookin joke :mad:
    10 times that would have been too lenient
    Yep, absolutely nothing to them.

ReputationRep:
    i live in spain, and i can confirm, it was too lenient, they don't give a crap.... just announced it on the telly once, then nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4110135.stm

any repeat and they could get expelled from tournaments.
    They really shud have punished the fans instead of the FA... shud have made 'em play behind closed doors for 5 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    They really shud have punished the fans instead of the FA... shud have made 'em play behind closed doors for 5 games.
    Agreed. It's not really the FAs fault when you think about it. There's only so much they can do.

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Paulo Ferreira
    Terry
    Carvalho
    Gallas
    Wright-Phillips
    Lampard
    Gravesen
    Duff
    Defoe
    Henry

This seems to be the best 11 players from The Sun Dream Team so far.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.