This discussion is closed.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Read each case before voting:

Thierry Henry

The reigning players' and writers' player of the year has no statistical equal. In just seventeen league games he has fifteen goals and ten assists.

There is surely no finer sight in English football than Henry in full flight - he combines a loose limbed elegance with the power of a natural athlete.

Frank Lampard

If you are looking for consistency then the lad from Romford, Essex is your man.

He's the driving force behind the team that sits on top of the Premiership and is at the top of his game.

He boasts seven goals this season and has scored four goals in England's last five matches/ Last season he played no fewer than eighty competitive games.

Steve Gerrard

Why do Chelsea and Real Madrid - two of the strongest teams in Europe, their midfield packed with class players, still want Steven Gerrard?

The answer is one that suitors Sir Alex, Arsene and Jose are all agreed on - Gerrard is a world class talent and his signing would boost any side.

Gerrard is athletic, forceful and creative and acts as a talisman to the Liverpool side.

Paul Scholes

Until he retired from the International game in the summer, Scholes was often the first name on the team sheet for club and country.

It has been proved time and time again that when Scholes plays well, Manchester United play well.

He has a fantastic first touch, a range of passing skills and pops up with goals when his side needs them most.
stu_uk_aussie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh, it was weird, obviously there wern't many Wigan fans, so it went deathly quiet. It was kinda surreal.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fr_browne)
Yep that Wigan goal was amazing, well done though, theyre a hard team to beat.
Bent's wasn't half bad either.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I have no idea personally why villa sold us southgate, ugo and boateng as they doing a great job for us now and they play in positions that prehaps villa have been left short in.
They left because they'd been at Villa for ages and wanted a change. No offence, but when they handed in their requests I think they thought they could get a better transfer than boro.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
According to this, odds are against Chelsea and Arsenal winning the premiership, and Everton should start preparing their Premiership winning celebrations. :rolleyes:
afireinside already has

Southgate definitely should have been playing for a Champions League team for the last 5 years. He'll go down in history as one of our greatest ever players. He's one of those (like many defenders) who just get better and better after the age of about 28.

Also Colin Cooper, still being immense at age 37 (soon to be 38) and notching up over 400 appearances for us. Nice.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Southgate definitely should have been playing for a Champions League team for the last 5 years. He'll go down in history as one of our greatest ever players. He's one of those (like many defenders) who just get better and better after the age of about 28.
He's superb. Great decision maker, technically gifted.
Avi
Report 14 years ago
Everton won't last at the top end of the table come end of the season I can assure you. Remember Liverpool 2 seasons ago and all the other pretenders to the Premiership title who just faded away and lost steam as the season progressed? Serious title contenders are Chelsea even though I'm a crazed Arsenal fan, but the season can change and with just a few bad performances, the title can go newhere.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good article:

The Spanish football federation have been fined just £45,000 (100,000 Swiss Francs) by FIFA for the sickening monkey chanting at the recent Spain v England international 'friendly' match in Madrid. This insult is on top of the measly £6,000 fine handed out to Real Madrid after their 'fans' abused black players and performed Nazi salutes during a Champions League match.

The fine is probably less than the weekly wage of any player in the two squads from that night. In fact so pathetic is the punishment handed out to the Spanish football federation that it in itself condones the actions. FIFA were obliged to find the federation guilty as the evidence was there for all to see, but the punishment is an admission by football's governing body that they want to do nothing about racism. It's pathetic, it's insulting and it's 45,000 reasons why FIFA is no longer relevant in football. If they can't deal with the biggest issue affecting football today, they can't deal with anything.

Not that the lax punishments have been solely reserved for Spanish sides - other nations and clubs have received similarly small punishments. Indeed the FA received just a 150,000 Swiss Franc fine for the deeply offensive "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk" chanting at the England v Turkey match in Sunderland two years ago. The issue is not about who is committing the offence, but that the crime is not being punished enough to produce a correction in behaviour. Until FIFA, UEFA and other relevant bodies get serious about racism it will never be stamped out and we are all losers because of it.
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
this is bullsheeeet!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
afireinside already has
haha!
Don't get ahead of yourself son! A top half finish will be enough for us this year, anything else is a bonus!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd be happy with a top half finish, but really think we [Spurs] need to play to our potential. Every season we just throw it all away. Let's hope the players can produce consistently good performances and get us the points.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
I'd be happy with a top half finish, but really think we [Spurs] need to play to our potential. Every season we just throw it all away. Let's hope the players can produce consistently good performances and get us the points.
Adam, Spurs have got loads of individually gifted players. Just need to make it a team effort and you're sorted!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Adam, Spurs have got loads of individually gifted players. Just need to make it a team effort and you're sorted!
Yeah, but with Spurs its never been as easy as that!

Hopefully Jol can sort them out this time though!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Yeah, but with Spurs its never been as easy as that!

Hopefully Jol can sort them out this time though!
heh, best of luck anyway, apart from when you play Everton that is!
I'm off to bed, gotta be up early, night man!
Vishpatel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is this it??
yuvraj singh of india against bangladesh earlier on 2day!!!

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/7273/yuuu21fl7lo.gif

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/1372/yuuu18wi9gp.gif
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that was some jump
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm that catch would be in the top 10 but not the best. The best one i can remember seeing is a west indies world cup game against someone... where this player ran about 50 yards and dived to catch it... i cant remember it very well but it was one hell of a catch...
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
come on guys i want some opinions on why you think your footballer is the best!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have no idea whatsoever why Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes are there.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I have no idea whatsoever why Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes are there.
Is that a completely unbiased opinion, then?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (812)
80.48%
Leave (197)
19.52%

Watched Threads