Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I must say Paul Scholes is the least deserving of any award since Luke Chadwick won most attractive male at the Man Utd Christmas party 3 years ago. And how people have voted for him I have no idea.

My vote went to Frank Lampard. Simply awesome.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Is that a completely unbiased opinion, then?
Not really. Don't get me wrong, I fookin' hate the fella, but he's only played about ten games this season - hardly enough to merit being polled for best player!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Not really. Don't get me wrong, I fookin' hate the fella, but he's only played about ten games this season - hardly enough to merit being polled for best player!
He's played more than 10 games this year though
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's played more than 10 games this year though
When you talk about footballer of the year, you are talking about somebody who has played in the majority of the games, and has performed to a high standard in all of these games.
Gerrard hasn't.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When you talk about footballer of the year, you are talking about somebody who has played in the majority of the games, and has performed to a high standard in all of these games.
Gerrard hasn't.
But that's not what you said. Over the course of the year, I think he's played in the majority of Liverpool's games. In the vast majority of these games, he was exceptional, often single-handedly driving Liverpool to success (even if the stats beg to differ). The fact that they qualified for the Champions League last season can largely be put down to him. The fact that he's even being considered one of the players of this year, having played in a generally weaker team than the other three candidates (although I agree with questions on the validity of Paul Scholes inclusion), and to a greater extent the fact that he was being considered as one of the potential winners of the PFA award last season, along with Lampard and Henry, is testament to what a brilliant player he is.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But that's not what you said. Over the course of the year, I think he's played in the majority of Liverpool's games. In the vast majority of these games, he was exceptional, often single-handedly driving Liverpool to success (even if the stats beg to differ). The fact that they qualified for the Champions League last season can largely be put down to him. The fact that he's even being considered one of the players of this year, having played in a generally weaker team than the other three candidates (although I agree with questions on the validity of Paul Scholes inclusion), and to a greater extent the fact that he was being considered as one of the potential winners of the PFA award last season, along with Lampard and Henry, is testament to what a brilliant player he is.
Are you related to him?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you related to him?
Come on, don't be bitter. You're above them in the league
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Come on, don't be bitter. You're above them in the league
I know we are.
:aetsch:
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it has to be henry, but the others have also done brilliantly
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I still believe Henry is quite poor technically, therefore I'm going for Gerrard. The Lampshade has done really well and I believe Scholes is the best of the lot but the past year has been rather average.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
blah.... blah

Are you a ****ty City fan?
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rooney should be in there ahead of scholes. Also I would of thought that Ashley Cole, arguebly the best left back in the world would of been there.

Personally I am not sure, I am split between Henry and Lampard.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't see why footballers should have to be exposed to such crimes in order to play. I'd like to a game played behind doors as a punishment as well.
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4110135.stm

any repeat and they could get expelled from tournaments.
About time too.

Not only are they being fined, but this will hopefully affect their bid for the Olympics
teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Also I would of thought that Ashley Cole, arguebly the best left back in the world would of been there.
Arguably being the key word there... If we have so many world class players, why are we not a world class team? :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who said we have loads of world class players? IMO, only Cole and Gerrard are true English world class players.

Recently Cole has become a lot more solid defensively and is now better than Zambrotta; he is the best left back in the world.
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by teamvillage)
Arguably being the key word there... If we have so many world class players, why are we not a world class team? :rolleyes:
Who said we had loads? oh look no one said that! so where on earth did you get that from?

Name a better left back.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey,

Just wondering if you guys think that England will win the 2nd Test comfortably or not? Im going for another hard fought England win.
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
All i can say is YUVVIE!!!! lol!!
abcd1234
Report 14 years ago
i would say the 1 kaif caught against pakistan in the 1st one-dayer in March, the one where he nearly collided with some other player, Yuvraj i believe. That was an amazing catch. But that was more becase of the situation then anything else....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads