Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Random, and slightly off-topic! but. anyways... have you seen Flintoff's new tattoos. He has XI (i think) on one bicep and the names of his daugher and wife on the other.
    They look rather cheep to me, I always thought he was quite good looking before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    i dunno y but i can smell match fixing and it reeks!!
    Bit of a silly thing to say in my opinion... Yes Cricket has had its problems but instead of trying to look for another reason why England have done well which many people do... why dont some people just accept the the dark days of the 90s have gone and we are a good team and it was a tremendous batting performance

ReputationRep:
    put channel 5 on and watch the game!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Watched it, was pretty average really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    cool!
    do you have a club near you then, danni? i know that australia's croquet population is flourishing... they have some terrific players there!
    how did you get round to playing?
    Hehe I've friends that live on campus at uni, so was bored one afternoon and we jst all decided to give croquet at go! Yeah, ur right, like it appears to be some sort of trend here atm :confused: I don't know why. Last year it was badminton :p: This year it appears to be croquet. It's coming back!

I haven't played it seriously tho. During the uni year I'm busy with soccer, tho croquet is quite fun. Very Alice in Wonderland meets uni-life :eek:

Do you play for a team, 4Ed?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to try snowboarding. It looks like a lot of fun.
    Does anyone here participate in extreme ironing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Hehe I've friends that live on campus at uni, so was bored one afternoon and we jst all decided to give croquet at go! Yeah, ur right, like it appears to be some sort of trend here atm :confused: I don't know why. Last year it was badminton :p: This year it appears to be croquet. It's coming back!

I haven't played it seriously tho. During the uni year I'm busy with soccer, tho croquet is quite fun. Very Alice in Wonderland meets uni-life :eek:

Do you play for a team, 4Ed?
    ooo i love badminton as well :cool:

excellent maybe you guys could get a university team together! I think the Australian Croquet Association may have more details...
    our unis here in England that have a croquet team tend to have fairly good players - young people take to the game more naturally than those who start when they are retired! it's predominantly a summer sport, and with a good coach, you can improve very quickly!

umm, i normally play as an individual (it's sort of like snooker - everyone plays for themselves) but you can play doubles, and i've represented my local club/old school before. come next summer, i'm hoping to get together a strong university team to challenge Oxford and Cambridge's supremacy in the University Championships!

ReputationRep:
    nice work today by Thorpe, Freddie and G Jones!
    an amazing achievement to get England to a mammoth 570 total, from about 285 the day before!

hopefully we can wrap up the game tomorrow, the pitch looks like it might favour the seamers... a few bowlers managed to get reverse swing today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Random, and slightly off-topic! but. anyways... have you seen Flintoff's new tattoos. He has XI (i think) on one bicep and the names of his daugher and wife on the other.
    They look rather cheep to me, I always thought he was quite good looking before!
    Do I detect a hint of jealousy ?

ReputationRep:
    ya come on chanell 5! I love basketball!

:tsr: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :secruity: :secruity: :secruity: :confused: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Who played?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1234)
    i would say the 1 kaif caught against pakistan in the 1st one-dayer in March, the one where he nearly collided with some other player, Yuvraj i believe. That was an amazing catch. But that was more becase of the situation then anything else....
    it was badani not yuvraj he almost collided into...one hell of a catch in the situation of the match...

i have to say james kirtley's catch of ganguly in the natwest series league-round match at lords was sensational. i was watching the match live and he ran 50 yards on the boundary line at deep mid-wicket and took a one handed stunner! similar to sinclair's catch recently against australia! also I would have to add yuvraj's two jaw-dropping catches against south africa in the champions trophy 2002 which turned the match around in India's favour, and pigeon's (mcgrath) catch at the end of last year.:bebored:

in reference to catches I must say that the general level of fielding in world cricket has risen to a whole new level this year, and this is a true tribute to the coaching staff and players at teams at various levels of the game who have realised the importance of fielding to getting results. the best teams in the world are always the best fielding units and also run very well between the wickets, which saves/earns them an additional 10-20 runs each innings! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    I would like to try snowboarding.
    Yeah, same. Like seriously, not jst semi-snowboard. I've tried it very briefly a couple years ago, but perhaps next year, obviously June/July sometime for us , I might actually learn how to snowboard, rather than just 'try it out' as a novice :cool:

Actually on 2nd thoughts perhaps not, I might embarrass myself :eek:

LOL It's fun to try out, but for me, I don't think I'd take it seriously. Skiing's good enough for me, that's if I'm lucky enough to even go to the snow. Too poor atm, esp with uni fees and how they're not exactly gonna be reduced any time soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    ooo i love badminton as well :cool:
    Hehe It was jst so random when it suddenly became the 'in' sport at my uni :confused: It was like, us psych students (plus the commerce students I think, and Arts too) in the Spring of last year went through this massive badminton phase, weird. But yes, cool b/c it's fun to take part in and good exercise too.

(Original post by 4Ed)
    excellent maybe you guys could get a university team together! I think the Australian Croquet Association may have more details...
    Heyhey, I might do that (if no1 else has )

:eek: Thanks for the website

You go 4ED! Your team might become one of the best in Britain one day :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Come on people; must be someone out there that's into climbing!!!

What do you people like? you all normal footie fans? Footie is old! :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    extreme ironing!

ReputationRep:
    I'm astonished at how well the England batsmen have turned the game around.. tis brilliant
    Damn good bowling from Harmison today aswell.. getting Kallis and Gibbs out.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well. A draw was a bit of a disappointment in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.. damn light.. or lack of it I should say..

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4120513.stm
    Is it me or is this man a complete t**t?
    "Every man and his dog would agree it was not violent conduct"
    Do you smell something? I smell bulls**t.

Sorry about all my language, but that man does my head in no end. And don't even get me started on what Gary Neville's been saying....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.