Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO

Watch
This discussion is closed.
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Random, and slightly off-topic! but. anyways... have you seen Flintoff's new tattoos. He has XI (i think) on one bicep and the names of his daugher and wife on the other.
They look rather cheep to me, I always thought he was quite good looking before!
stu_uk_aussie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
i dunno y but i can smell match fixing and it reeks!!
Bit of a silly thing to say in my opinion... Yes Cricket has had its problems but instead of trying to look for another reason why England have done well which many people do... why dont some people just accept the the dark days of the 90s have gone and we are a good team and it was a tremendous batting performance
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
put channel 5 on and watch the game!!!!!!!!!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Watched it, was pretty average really
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
cool!
do you have a club near you then, danni? i know that australia's croquet population is flourishing... they have some terrific players there!
how did you get round to playing?
Hehe I've friends that live on campus at uni, so was bored one afternoon and we jst all decided to give croquet at go! Yeah, ur right, like it appears to be some sort of trend here atm :confused: I don't know why. Last year it was badminton :p: This year it appears to be croquet. It's coming back!

I haven't played it seriously tho. During the uni year I'm busy with soccer, tho croquet is quite fun. Very Alice in Wonderland meets uni-life :eek:

Do you play for a team, 4Ed?
galadriel100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would like to try snowboarding. It looks like a lot of fun.
Does anyone here participate in extreme ironing?
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Hehe I've friends that live on campus at uni, so was bored one afternoon and we jst all decided to give croquet at go! Yeah, ur right, like it appears to be some sort of trend here atm :confused: I don't know why. Last year it was badminton :p: This year it appears to be croquet. It's coming back!

I haven't played it seriously tho. During the uni year I'm busy with soccer, tho croquet is quite fun. Very Alice in Wonderland meets uni-life :eek:

Do you play for a team, 4Ed?
ooo i love badminton as well :cool:

excellent maybe you guys could get a university team together! I think the Australian Croquet Association may have more details...
our unis here in England that have a croquet team tend to have fairly good players - young people take to the game more naturally than those who start when they are retired! it's predominantly a summer sport, and with a good coach, you can improve very quickly!

umm, i normally play as an individual (it's sort of like snooker - everyone plays for themselves) but you can play doubles, and i've represented my local club/old school before. come next summer, i'm hoping to get together a strong university team to challenge Oxford and Cambridge's supremacy in the University Championships!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
nice work today by Thorpe, Freddie and G Jones!
an amazing achievement to get England to a mammoth 570 total, from about 285 the day before!

hopefully we can wrap up the game tomorrow, the pitch looks like it might favour the seamers... a few bowlers managed to get reverse swing today!
goneaway56
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
Random, and slightly off-topic! but. anyways... have you seen Flintoff's new tattoos. He has XI (i think) on one bicep and the names of his daugher and wife on the other.
They look rather cheep to me, I always thought he was quite good looking before!
Do I detect a hint of jealousy ?
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
ya come on chanell 5! I love basketball!

:tsr: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :secruity: :secruity: :secruity: :confused: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who played?
devesh254
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by abcd1234)
i would say the 1 kaif caught against pakistan in the 1st one-dayer in March, the one where he nearly collided with some other player, Yuvraj i believe. That was an amazing catch. But that was more becase of the situation then anything else....
it was badani not yuvraj he almost collided into...one hell of a catch in the situation of the match...

i have to say james kirtley's catch of ganguly in the natwest series league-round match at lords was sensational. i was watching the match live and he ran 50 yards on the boundary line at deep mid-wicket and took a one handed stunner! similar to sinclair's catch recently against australia! also I would have to add yuvraj's two jaw-dropping catches against south africa in the champions trophy 2002 which turned the match around in India's favour, and pigeon's (mcgrath) catch at the end of last year.:bebored:

in reference to catches I must say that the general level of fielding in world cricket has risen to a whole new level this year, and this is a true tribute to the coaching staff and players at teams at various levels of the game who have realised the importance of fielding to getting results. the best teams in the world are always the best fielding units and also run very well between the wickets, which saves/earns them an additional 10-20 runs each innings! :eek:
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by galadriel100)
I would like to try snowboarding.
Yeah, same. Like seriously, not jst semi-snowboard. I've tried it very briefly a couple years ago, but perhaps next year, obviously June/July sometime for us , I might actually learn how to snowboard, rather than just 'try it out' as a novice :cool:

Actually on 2nd thoughts perhaps not, I might embarrass myself :eek:

LOL It's fun to try out, but for me, I don't think I'd take it seriously. Skiing's good enough for me, that's if I'm lucky enough to even go to the snow. Too poor atm, esp with uni fees and how they're not exactly gonna be reduced any time soon
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
ooo i love badminton as well :cool:
Hehe It was jst so random when it suddenly became the 'in' sport at my uni :confused: It was like, us psych students (plus the commerce students I think, and Arts too) in the Spring of last year went through this massive badminton phase, weird. But yes, cool b/c it's fun to take part in and good exercise too.

(Original post by 4Ed)
excellent maybe you guys could get a university team together! I think the Australian Croquet Association may have more details...
Heyhey, I might do that (if no1 else has )

:eek: Thanks for the website

You go 4ED! Your team might become one of the best in Britain one day :elefant:
Font
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:rolleyes:

Come on people; must be someone out there that's into climbing!!!

What do you people like? you all normal footie fans? Footie is old! :aetsch:
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
extreme ironing!
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm astonished at how well the England batsmen have turned the game around.. tis brilliant
Damn good bowling from Harmison today aswell.. getting Kallis and Gibbs out.
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh well. A draw was a bit of a disappointment in the end.
Syntax
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Indeed.. damn light.. or lack of it I should say..
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4120513.stm
Is it me or is this man a complete t**t?
"Every man and his dog would agree it was not violent conduct"
Do you smell something? I smell bulls**t.

Sorry about all my language, but that man does my head in no end. And don't even get me started on what Gary Neville's been saying....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed