Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
matrixman397
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, i'd tend to agree with that description of him. Never really liked the chap to be honest.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4120513.stm
Is it me or is this man a complete t**t?
"Every man and his dog would agree it was not violent conduct"
Do you smell something? I smell bulls**t.

Sorry about all my language, but that man does my head in no end. And don't even get me started on what Gary Neville's been saying....
Ferguson talking crap? Never
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ferguson is full of it, what an idiot. :secruity:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's a total knob Ferguson. What a **** head, he thinks his team should get preferential treatment from the FA because... because what?
They are no different than anyone else, and let's not forget they've been playing with a 12th man at Old Trafford for the last ten years with the refereeing decisions they get/don't give away.

As for Rooney, anyone who defends him is wrong. In todays game if you raise your arms you should be sent off, notice how he went unpunished? How predictable :rolleyes:
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
He's a total knob Ferguson. What a **** head, he thinks his team should get preferential treatment from the FA because... because what?
They are no different than anyone else, and let's not forget they've been playing with a 12th man at Old Trafford for the last ten years with the refereeing decisions they get/don't give away.

As for Rooney, anyone who defends him is wrong. In todays game if you raise your arms you should be sent off, notice how he went unpunished? How predictable :rolleyes:
to be fair he's just earnt himself a nice 3 match ban

but anyway the thing that pisses me off is fergie moaning about that Bolton dude diving.

Maybe he should take a closer look at Ruud, Rooney, Neville, Ronaldo, solskjaer and think about what the **** he is talking about
sillynarb
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MC REN)
i don't think they actually managed to sign her, it was hannah ljungberg and perugia i think

they're publicity hounds, they signed Colonel Gaddafi's son as well
and jay bothroyd :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Out of interest has the whiskey-snouted Jock ever been fined by the FA? Seems like he spouts all kinds of crap about cheating opposition, dodgy refs etc (both laughably hypocritical really), but I never hear about him getting done for it, unlike other managers.
Not too sure.
I'd guess that he has been, because it would be a disgrace if he hasn't been! He , like his team, get's away with a lot more than anybody else.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You are all jealous!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pig)
The FA is bent.

Really though, it is. You can't criticise it or its staff. If you do, you get done for 'bringing the game into disrepute' (unless you're a purple-nosed haggis muncher). Often they are patently in the wrong. But it isn't ok to say so unless they admit it themselves.

They say calling someone a cheat brings the game into disrepute, and it isn't the done thing to suggest corruption, so you can't do it. But if there was corruption or cheating going on (e.g. bent ref throwing a match, Ferguson getting away scott-free all the time), one could never seek any redress because it's impossible to do so within the FA structure. They aren't answerable to anyone, and can pretty much do what they like.

Which is cack really.
Couldnt agree more! You can call me bias but I dont understand how Wenger got fined for calling Ruud a cheat. Ruud was found guilty of misconduct ie breaking the rules aka cheating so why should Wenger get fined for telling the truth. The FA is **** at best.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pig)
The FA is bent.

Really though, it is. You can't criticise it or its staff. If you do, you get done for 'bringing the game into disrepute' (unless you're a purple-nosed haggis muncher)
Out of interest can you criticise the Football League? It's just they criticised Chelsea for sacking the crackhead father, Mutu, so Chelsea could have done the same for not having a top, top referee in the Arsenal v Chelsea match, such as Pierluigi Colina.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pig)
It's all about not rocking the boat though isn't it. Like Wenger's recent case where he brought up a load of evidence to show that van Nistelrooy dives - mysteriously dropped at the last minute. Couldn't possibly be anything to do with Arsenal's chairman being a top bod at the FA, could it?
I heard about that. I found it ironic that Wenger claimed RVN is a cheat. Pires has virtually the same label to his name, he's been labelled a cheat, a lightweight, goes on.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Hehe It was jst so random when it suddenly became the 'in' sport at my uni :confused: It was like, us psych students (plus the commerce students I think, and Arts too) in the Spring of last year went through this massive badminton phase, weird. But yes, cool b/c it's fun to take part in and good exercise too.

Heyhey, I might do that (if no1 else has )

:eek: Thanks for the website

You go 4ED! Your team might become one of the best in Britain one day :elefant:
spastic people like me find it easier to play sports like badminton :p: unlike tennis where every rally involving me lasts about 2 shots

i think people are becoming more appreciative of minor sports and how good they are for you. so sports like curling and bowls in england have, over the last few years gradually become more popular.

Thanks DB ... hopefully next time I come to Oz, we might be able to arrange a friendly game of some sort :cool: :idea:
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I ride alot of Trials in the summer. Alas i havent been doing very much this winter...

Check out the movies at www.bridporttrials.co.uk

oh yeh i was designing a new look for the site what do you guys think? www.bridporttrials.co.uk/new/
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nice leap
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
softball

Is freerunning a sport yet?
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
try here http://www.soccerclips.net/
not sure if you'll find what you want but I got me a couple of beauties from Arsenal
Anyone remember Henry v Man U ?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wait, Wenger got fined about his comments on Ruud being a cheat. Ferguson all but calls the Bolton player a cheat, and nothing is said on that matter.
Anyways, Ferguson can really talk for every man and his dog can't he? :rolleyes: Maybe he should try asking everyone 1st, cos that looked like a straight red and 3 game ban to me in the game. A hand raised is an automatic red card. Maybe Ferguson should re-read the rules!
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
spastic people like me find it easier to play sports like badminton :p: unlike tennis where every rally involving me lasts about 2 shots

i think people are becoming more appreciative of minor sports and how good they are for you. so sports like curling and bowls in england have, over the last few years gradually become more popular.

Thanks DB ... hopefully next time I come to Oz, we might be able to arrange a friendly game of some sort :cool: :idea:
Yeah, cool! And we'll have to go surfing too :cool: Have you tried it? I'm actually not so good Being near a beach has not made me any better at it, just good at hanging out there with the buddies

DB_x
Font
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Heya,

if you play or are interested in any alternative sports, such as snowboarding, playing frisbee, mountain biking etc. then feel free to post in here.

DB_x
Hi,

I'm a big Climbing enthusiast , and wanna take part in the championships and represent the UK in climbing some time soon, lol. But no one in these forums likes that by the looks of things - got no posts under "rock-climbing at uni" :hmpf: :bebored:

I also, like sound of other extreme sports, and want to try mountaineering, sky-diving, and snow/sand boarding, in the future :cool: >>>A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN FOOTBALL, WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!! :aetsch:

pk :aetsch:
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tiempo)
softball

Is freerunning a sport yet?
I saw some freerunning at the national adventure sports show (NASS) - it was quite cool
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed