The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9120
vavavoom86
goodison is an dead end for the mackems.
and there is no banana skins in the SJP, cleanest stadium in the country. you might will find some in the away team dressing room if peter reid was still the manager. :p: but hes gone now, so will his team.
cant wait till the 5th round draw. come on bring on the Peterborough!

peetah reid's and his monkees heed
Reply 9121
afireinside©
You said it sister!

us geordies certainly hope so!
Yeah he was one of our last choices for a manager, and give him credit with his unbeaten run when he started, but really i think there isnt enough discipline in the team, and we are not really living up to our potential. The majority of times we concede are through careless mistakes by the defenders :mad: Though i dont understand why people blame the managers- under souness and SBR we have lacked defensive form for quite some time now!

The think i'd love to see happen is Johnathan Woodgate come back to Newcastle and get injured less. He was a fab player (still cant forget him against arsenal!)
I'm biased and would like ti think Chelsea could win both the PL and CL.
Blackburn , Norwich and WBA to drop out and not too sure about the UEFA maybe Liverpool.
saiyamana
Though i dont understand why people blame the managers- under souness and SBR we have lacked defensive form for quite some time now!

Because, depending on what the manager does, it can be vital for a team winning silverware and not, or gaining 3 points, or none. However, you can't always blame the manager.
nope, the 10th, it will probably be broadcast on Sky or something later for you guys.
Everdawn
nope, the 10th, it will probably be broadcast on Sky or something later for you guys.

It was broadcast about 8-9 hours ago :smile:
(some time in the afternoon GMT)

Quite entertaining.
Everdawn
The game raised AU$14 645,123.85

Translation into US$ or Sterling ?
dunnow, but its a hell of a lot of money to be made from a cricket match.
AU$14 645,123.85 =

$11,115,633.23
£5,918,947.347

Woo :cool:
Oh and last night Warnie's jersey was up to AU$16 million on e-bay. So said the guy on Sports Tonight in his report. EDIT: ive checked it out myself, the idiot got it wrong, must have been 16,ooo but now its up to $143, 500.
wow nice!

Yay Goughie got a wicket
Yeah and it was a good one!
Hey,

Even though I HATE Arsenal, especially Lauren & Pires you can't help but feel sorry for Jens, or can't you? :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4163575.stm

What Lehmann says above is indeed very true in some respects, but then again you can't help thinking about the times when he played, at times doing very silly things in goal.

My first impression on reading the article was :biggrin: ..could'nt stop laughing at what he was saying about ****ger. :eek:
Hmm, it's a strange situation.
Sure he played all the matches in a team that did not lose a league game last season, but I never felt quite 'safe' having him in goal- you always have this feeling that something crazy's lurking around the corner with him.

Almunia, although did make a couple of mistakes in his first few games, has looked pretty solid so far (albeit just a fraction of the games Lehman has played). There are obviously areas for improvement, but in general, he seems a decent keeper.

Having said that, I do feel for Lehman. As soon it seems he may finally get the upper hand on Kahn, Wenger decides to drop him for the very first time.
mockel

Almunia, although did make a couple of mistakes in his first few games, has looked pretty solid so far (albeit just a fraction of the games Lehman has played). There are obviously areas for improvement, but in general, he seems a decent keeper.

Yep, and i thought Roy Carroll looked solid for Utd...He's such a ****! Bring back Howard..... :confused:...actually no...he lost us the game against Porto n Chelsea!

If only Peter Schmeichel never aged lol
ThugzMansion7
Yep, and i thought Roy Carroll looked solid for Utd...He's such a ****! Bring back Howard..... :confused:...actually no...he lost us the game against Porto n Chelsea!

If only Peter Schmeichel never aged lol

If only we were both blessed with having the choice between Cech and Cudicini :eek: :redface:
mockel
If only we were both blessed with having the choice between Cech and Cudicini :eek: :redface:

Don't get me wrong Howard and Carroll are both as good as Cech, but they like clowning around now and again :mad:
"Of course I was surprised to be dropped," said Lehmann. I'm sorry but what have I done wrong?"

oh pleeease do me a favour(!) :stupid:
vavavoom86
"Of course I was surprised to be dropped," said Lehmann. I'm sorry but what have I done wrong?"

oh pleeease do me a favour(!) :stupid:

Give him some credit, it's not his fault when they've had Campbell out for sometime and the fact that Arsenal went through a patch where they coudl'nt defend to save their lives! esp set pieces....and with Cygan in defence matters weren't exactly made better where they now :hmpf:

Cygan made crucial mistakes if i remember correctly, some went on to be goals, and when Campbell did come back, he wasn't exactly playing his best!

Latest