Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThugzMansion7)
    Don't get me wrong Howard and Carroll are both as good as Cech, but they like clowning around now and again :mad:
    That's arguable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    That's arguable.
    isn't everything... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    isn't everything... :rolleyes:
    To be honest, if you are a goalkeeper of a decent side in the Premiership, not necessarily a top gun, it has been said that that must mean your goalkeeper has to be quality. Here's a confirmation:

(Original post by Alec Chamberlain)
    Any of the guys playing in the Premiership are going to be excellent goalkeepers, but there's so much rubbish written about them in the press when they make mistakes, I just find it laughable," said Chamberlain.
    Taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/4162597.stm

This is also interesting:

(Original post by Alec Chamerlain)
    "Most people would have said he [Carlo Cudicini] was in the Premiership's top three keepers but it just shows you how tough life can be at those top clubs.
    I wonder who were the other two before Cech came along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I wonder who were the other two before Cech came along?
    I thought Howard was very good last season, but because of a few bad performances (unfortunately), he's not really considered as one of the best.
    I think other good keepers (this season and in previous seasons) include Niemi, Schwarzer, Kiely, Given, Friedel, and actually quite a few more. There are quite a few good goalies in the Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    I thought Howard was very good last season, but because of a few bad performances (unfortunately), he's not really considered as one of the best.
    I think other good keepers (this season and in previous seasons) include Niemi, Schwarzer, Kiely, Given, Friedel, and actually quite a few more. There are quite a few good goalies in the Premiership.
    van der sar?

ReputationRep:
    van der sar?
    Yeah, him as well. It's difficult to choose- they all have their good attributes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeovil in the fourth round for the first time in about half a century, w00t! And a Premiership side to play against. Splendid. Plus we're going up this season...

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong Howard and Carroll are both as good as Cech, but they like clowning around now and again :mad:
    That's quite simply not true.

Cech is a far more solid keeper. I would be willing to bet that if you gave any manager the option of getting Carroll, Howard or Cech the vast majority would go with Cechy. And why? Because he is damn good. Even with Chelsea's awesome defence, the fact that Cech has let in just 8 goals so far this season says a lot.

ReputationRep:
    pretty **** match youhanna did bad... so i didnt enjoy australias victory

ReputationRep:
    i dont feel confident about either lehmann or almunia as an arsenal fan!!
    how can lehamnn say that he has never made a big mistake while in goal---champions league semi final not mean anything to him???

ReputationRep:
    >The Rest of the world...

And id disagree it was a fun game!

ReputationRep:
    morientes has signed!! £6m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    morientes has signed!! £6m
    He hasn't signed yet..

ReputationRep:
    Morientes - Baros partnership

wots do u guys think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)

wots do u guys think
    one word-deadly :battle:

ReputationRep:
    It was a nice game played in good spirt. I was impressed with Rahul Dravid for not crumbling when the asian 11 was collapsing all around him!!!

ReputationRep:
    looks like carson could be coming to chelsea:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4167973.stm

i don't know too much about him to be honest. is he any good?
    cudicini looks like he could be on his way out

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not exactly complaining....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)

wots do u guys think
    Not bad, not amazing. I'll just be laughing out very loud when they fail to get into the champions league at the end of the season and become financially cripped, hahaha

Man U vs Chelsea. After ManUtd's dismal performance against Exeter, *laughs, no cackles*, I believe my Chelsea will win. Anyone disagree?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.