Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...could be quite difficult
    i reckon man utd will be fired up after the exeter game

2-1 to the chels

ReputationRep:
    The parents are watching that, but I must admit, it is pretty exiting. And it's for a good cause. I figure once you understand how the game works (how you get points etc) it can't be as bad, but nah - never reealy been into the game!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good partnership in theory, but you can never know how two players will work together until they've played.

Morientes is undoubtedly a quality player, the goalscorer that Liverpool badly need, and Baros has really impressed me this season.

Even if they don't work out very well as a partnership Baros can dive for penalties all game and Morientes can knock them in...

ReputationRep:
    Well with Brighton out i guess...C'mon Pompey

ReputationRep:
    Derby 1v2 Fulham
    Man Utd 2v1 Middlesbrough
    Blackburn 1v0 Colchester
    Chelsea 3v1 Birmingham
    West Ham 2v2 (1-0 replay) Sheff Utd
    Oldham 0v2 Bolton
    Arsenal 4v0 Wolverhampton
    Everton 2v1 Sunderland
    Nottm Forest 1v1 (1v0 replay) Peterborough
    Brentford 2v0 Boston
    Reading 0v2 Leicester
    Liverpool 3v1 Bournemouth
    Southampton 1v2 Portsmouth
    West Brom 0v3 Tottenham
    Newcastle 2v0 Coventry
    Charlton 3v1 Yeovil

My predictions (based on nothing really)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Not really Mikey think about it! Morientes is past his best, he is not even proven in the premier league.. Baros is nothing on his own, he has been poor this season , the Euro was the highlight of his career, its all downhill from here.

Liverpool finish 7th this year and are forced to sell half their squad because their expenditures have been too big, the stadium gets sold, Steven Gerrard faints and dies, and Everton win the champions league. Perfect!

I wouldn't say that Baros had a poor season personally.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon next year they'll be quite a force, providing they keep all the vital players (Gerrard, Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Hypia IMO) and add a couple of decent names.

ReputationRep:
    We said that about Liverpool last year, with diouf being a dissapointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    We said that about Liverpool last year, with diouf being a dissapointment.
    Actually I told everyone that diouf was ****, cisse is good though I rate him as much as I do drogba.

ReputationRep:
    Its a good looking partnership, but its true to say that El Moro scores more headers then footed goals and we have no good crossers of the ball right now....kewell out, risse hes ok but garcia is toooo inconsistent.
    So i think if we sign a winger morientes will be more of a success.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    The Ashes got it's name through an Obituary Notice which appeared in the Sporting Times in 1882 following an Australia victory in a single match test at The Oval.

It read:

The two nations have played for "The Ashes" ever since.

In 1883, England won a 3 match series; 2-1, the 3rd match being played at the MCG.
    Some Melbourne ladies burnt a bail, and presented the ashes to Bligh (England Captain at the time), in an urn, as "The Ashes of English Cricket", which they had then won back.

The urn and the ashes themselves reside at Lords in a velvet bag after they'd been won back in 1883.

It is just the "name" that the two nations play for.
    even if australia win the ashes are still kept in england?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hams)
    even if australia win the ashes are still kept in england?
    Yep and the ausies get a replica. Wasnt there a thing a while back about moving them to Australia as their usually the holders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Yep and the ausies get a replica. Wasnt there a thing a while back about moving them to Australia as they usually the holders.
    at least in some way we win

ReputationRep:
    Bye Bye Henman

Uh oh!!! :eek:
    I reckon that if anyone should have quit it should have been Greg Rusedski. Tim has been a great embassador for GB tennis, and has mostly always played really well for GB. I hope that without him, team GB won't go into a steady decline!
    He quits at a time when we need the youngsters to rise up and take the mantle off Tim and Greg. I hope that they do, cos they're the ones who will be responsible for taking GB forward in tennis.
    Thank you and well done to Tim for his efforts, and a good davis cup record (36 of his 50 matches). I hope youngsters like Bogdanovic and Murray can improve and bring the GB team forward. Good luck to them!

ReputationRep:
    i think pakistan shud be in the ashes. then wed have a decent cricketing tournament with flair and excitement

ReputationRep:
    he's definitely right to do so tho. agassi hasn't played davis cup since one time when it seriously screwed up his grand slam campaign, and is now still one of the few geniune title contenders - he gave federer some of his most competitive matches last year.
    bogdanovic is getting to the point where he isn't a youngster any more i think. its not like he's just stepped out of the juniors, but so far he hasn't shown the henman like resolve to grind matches out. maybe he needs time. greg rusedski shouldn't be counted out for Davis Cup tho, cos he's a good player when he's fired up.

ReputationRep:
    henman has been a loser all his life, its about time he realised that. He builds everyones hopes up year after year at wimbledon saying "oh i think this is gonna be my year" and then loses. Hell never be good enough to win a grand slam!

I hope some youngsters rise up and come forward otherwise british tennis is in trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phishfood)
    he's definitely right to do so tho. agassi hasn't played davis cup since one time when it seriously screwed up his grand slam campaign, and is now still one of the few geniune title contenders - he gave federer some of his most competitive matches last year.
    bogdanovic is getting to the point where he isn't a youngster any more i think. its not like he's just stepped out of the juniors, but so far he hasn't shown the henman like resolve to grind matches out. maybe he needs time. greg rusedski shouldn't be counted out for Davis Cup tho, cos he's a good player when he's fired up.
    Yeah he was right. I mean, I reckon the old 2 will retire this year. They wouldn't be playing davis cup for much longer anyway, and now is about the best time, so they can bring in the youngsters. I think bogdanovic is only 3 years older than Murray, making him 20/21 or something, so he is still young. I hope that he does improve, cos he shows potential. We need him to improve. Maybe him and Murray will be the 2 faces of a good GB davis cup team in the future. Murray's a pretty decent youngster it looks like. He won 4 challenger titles or something. Parmer, I'm not very sure about at all. He hasn't really fulfilled any potential, and I hope another youngster comes up and take his place, cos I don't trust him.

ReputationRep:
    thanks tim

ReputationRep:
    he's crap anway.

better that he left, now some new young tallent can come and take his place, and win something important for a change

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.