This discussion is closed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's not 'crap.'
If he was, then all but 15-20 players on the whole ATP tour are crap

And the problem is, none of the youngsters are good enough to replace him.
I'll look forward to seeing Andrew Murray playing against the big boys though...
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There goes any chance we had of reaching the world group! I admit Henman is and was never good enough to win a grand slam but that doesnt make him 'crap'. Reaching four Wimbledon semi finals is a great record especially considering he lost to the eventual winners and the amount of pressure which is put on him by the British public. Last year he reached the US open semi and French open semi which was a great effort considering he serve-volleys and his ground strokes are nothing special. Hardly the form of someone who is crap.

Murray has great potential and only hope he can evolve into a half decent player. But as for Bogdanovic he is useless and does not have a chance in top flight tennis
phishfood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
henman is not a loser. he never had the ability of someone like Sampras. he probably never even had the talent of someone like Rios, but most people would react "Rios? Who?" henman has more than held his own in world tennis, and he's still not a player other people on the tour look forward to playing. and he remains one of the exceptionally few people with a winning record against Federer.

its like germany after becker retired, although becker was undeniably at the top of the game in his time. there is simply no-one to step up. parmar was and is flakey under pressure, and it simply is too early to say anything about murray. there's a bit of a problem in that british players tend to play the beautiful game too much, with graceful strokes and deft touch, but deep into the fifth set of a grand slam match, there just isn't the mental reserve to fall back on when skill isn't enough.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
i think pakistan shud be in the ashes. then wed have a decent cricketing tournament with flair and excitement

That would kind of defeat the object of the history of the Ashes.
MC REN
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, why?

for 2.5m they could've signed a better, younger midfielder and i'm sure they could've spent a bit more to bring in Essien or someone (let alone Gerrard who should be joining soon)

does anyone think this was a good buy for madrid?
MC REN
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
with the money from selling gerrard you could bring in some wingers - if you can get enough from real you should try and get denilson or joaquin (both will be insanely overpriced though :rolleyes: )

baros and morientes this season looks good, but cisse and morientes next season should be sweet (as long as Morientes adapts to the prem.)
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It looks like Morientes is going to start tomorrow...there is no doubting he is a class player. It will be interesting to see how he adapts, and then how he does with Baros..I think they will be a good partnership - as inidividuals they are good players and they both have footballing brains which should allow them to work well together.
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
He's probably the only world class midfield player anywhere in the world who currently only costs 2.5 million, so what a fanfastic coup.

He'll be the missing link they've needed for so long, he's not a player boy, he gets on with his work and doesn't stop running from the first minute to the last minute.
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its because he is out of contract in the summer. Better geting dosh now than nothing later.

Anyway, Scott Parker or Joe Cole wouldnt go a miss
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
Its because he is out of contract in the summer. Better geting dosh now than nothing later.

Anyway, Scott Parker or Joe Cole wouldnt go a miss
im happy as gravesen was evertons best player and hopefully theyll drop points and liverpool will secure 4th. By the way cole or parker will never go everton
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BLUREMI)
im happy as gravesen was evertons best player and hopefully theyll drop points and liverpool will secure 4th. By the way cole or parker will never go everton
kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes kopites are gobshítes
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thats what they said about Beattie....

4TH KOPTIE *****

COYB
smithsfan
Report 14 years ago
why wouldnt Parker go to Everton? Because he's unfit is the only reason. As an everton fan myself i'm dissopointed about tommy but wish him well cus he's a top bloke and it is a great move. I cant help but think however that Madrid think he is the classic Makelele style player but he aint he is an attacking midfielder.

Ps To all you Liverpool fans, yes you might overtake us in 4th but i would expect it with the amount of money you spend and on wages. You underachieve every year and think you are some kind of world beaters cus you can creep into the CL or win the League Cup each year. Just face it your nothing compared to Chel/ Arsenal/ United and even Everton, who are working on a shoestring are holding there own against you. I'd say best of luck for the rest of the season, but......
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by smithsfan)
why wouldnt Parker go to Everton? Because he's unfit is the only reason. As an everton fan myself i'm dissopointed about tommy but wish him well cus he's a top bloke and it is a great move. I cant help but think however that Madrid think he is the classic Makelele style player but he aint he is an attacking midfielder.

Ps To all you Liverpool fans, yes you might overtake us in 4th but i would expect it with the amount of money you spend and on wages. You underachieve every year and think you are some kind of world beaters cus you can creep into the CL or win the League Cup each year. Just face it your nothing compared to Chel/ Arsenal/ United and even Everton, who are working on a shoestring are holding there own against you. I'd say best of luck for the rest of the season, but......
with houleir we we s**** but benitez has got his rafaloution going down and soon we will be a top team in europe once more
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton would have been the top team in Europe if it wasnt for your kop****e gob****es.
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
with houleir we we s**** but benitez has got his rafaloution going down and soon we will be a top team in europe once more
Let's all sit back and watch as you crumble after failing to get into the champions league next year
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
Everton would have been the top team in Europe if it wasnt for your kop****e gob****es.
Barstards!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH we hate bill shankley and we hate saint john, but most of all we hate big ron, AND WE'LL HANG THE KOPITES ONE BY ONE, on the banks of the royal blue mersey..

To hellllllll with Liverpool and Rangers, throw them all in the mersey

AND WE'LL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, with all our might

for the boys in the royal blue jersey!
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mutt_cutts)
Barstards!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH we hate bill shankley and we hate saint john, but most of all we hate big ron, AND WE'LL HANG THE KOPITES ONE BY ONE, on the banks of the royal blue mersey..

To hellllllll with Liverpool and Rangers, throw them all in the mersey

AND WE'LL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, with all our might

for the boys in the royal blue jersey!
lol :hmpf: :secruity:
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
lol :hmpf: :secruity:
Who put the ball in the red****es net?

SUPER LEE CARSLEY!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper, Super Lee

SUPER LEE CARSLEY!
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AND IF Y'KNOW YOUR HISTORY, ITS ENOUGH TO MAKE YER HEART WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WE DONT CARE WHAT THE RED BOYS SAY

I dont like the St John song though: Hes a MOTHERWELL legend
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.37%
No (100)
74.63%

Watched Threads