Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Savage certainly doesn't lack tenacity, rather quality.

We'll get Steed Malbranque, and the Yak.
we better at least try and get those 2, portsmouth are trying to slap a 12m tag on yakubu apparently so maybe we'd have to settle for steed and ellington/darren bent

we should go for matt dawson or tom huddlestone as well

its looking more than likely that ellis isn't going to bring anyone in at the moment
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lukeD)
looks like carson could be coming to chelsea:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4167973.stm

i don't know too much about him to be honest. is he any good?
cudicini looks like he could be on his way out
that'd kill his career, hes unlikely to replace cech and its not as though cech is really old and carson will be one for the future. It'll be like Glen Johnson and Scott Parker - kill their careers
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
All roads lead to Cardiff's Millennium Stadium when the quest for Powergen Rugby League Challenge Cup glory begins this weekend.

But some fans may be surprised to learn that one of those roads originates near Twickenham while another starts close to the Rosyth naval base in Eastern Scotland.

West London Sharks and Fife Lions, who normally play their rugby 600 miles apart, will meet in a preliminary round match on Saturday.

And unfortunately for the Lions, they are the team facing a 1200-mile round trip.

"We're driving down at 8pm on Friday, arriving at our digs at about 5am, then we'll get some sleep, have a late breakfast, warm up and play," said Lions manager Scott McGilvray.

We want to do the best for the club and for rugby league in Scotland

Fife's Scott McGilvray

No doubt it will be a quick shower and bite to eat, too, before the long trek home.

That's because several of Fife's players are in the armed forces and have to be back on duty by 6pm on Sunday.

Fife, who started off life as the Linlithgow Lions, are one of Scotland's leading teams. In fact, they are the Scottish champions.

"Last season we beat Edinburgh Eagles 36-24 in the Grand Final, which was our biggest achievement yet," said McGilvray.

"But this is as big as it gets for us. We want to do the best for the club and for rugby league in Scotland."

The Sharks are also determined to keep up the momentum of last season, their most successful yet.

They reached the National Conference Final, losing 36-28 to Widnes Saints, but their mix of exiled northerners, union converts and Antipodeans earned them the title of Conference team of the year.

The Sharks, descendants of the 1980s club Fulham, have existed for five years and are based at the home of union outfit Grasshoppers RFC.

In fact, many of their players play both union and league, and some of them have bags of talent.

Rugby League: Have your say

"Clae Morgan was in last year's Conference team of the year while Mark Barnes, who is mainly involved as a coach, played some games for Parramatta a few years ago," said prop Steve Colloby.

Fortunately for Fife, one player who turned out for the Sharks last summer is not available this time.

"Our captain said his cousin was coming down but didn't say who he was until he turned up," says Colloby. "It was Trevor Leota of Wasps."

Fife won't have to face the bulldozing Leota this weekend
There are several similarities between Cup debutants West London and Fife.

Both are based at union clubs, have policemen and sets of brothers in their ranks, reached their respective Grand Finals last season, and are even sponsored by the same bar chain.

"We think we may have found our sister club," says McGilvray. "Maybe this could be a basis for future touring or an annual game."

Rugby league history is full of rivalries - Saints v Wigan, Leeds v Bradford, Hull v Hull KR etc.

Could West London v Fife join that list? Only time will tell, but this could be start of a beautiful relationship.

West London Sharks versus Fife Lions, Saturday 15 January at Grasshoppers RFC
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is there anyone in a bowling team of any kind? Whats your all time high?
Can u give me some pointers for a better game? - handicap = 70!!! Left handed. High game = 239. Avg = 113!
Thx
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
Is there anyone in a bowling team of any kind? Whats your all time high?
Can u give me some pointers for a better game? - handicap = 70!!! Left handed. High game = 239. Avg = 113!
Thx
how did you get 239?? and your handicap is 70!
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
how did you get 239?? and your handicap is 70!
lol, i had a very lucky game Well that WAS a year ago when i had been playing for a year as well. I've just recently re-joined and cant seem to perform as well as before
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
lol, i had a very lucky game Well that WAS a year ago when i had been playing for a year as well. I've just recently re-joined and cant seem to perform as well as before
cool, well the only way to improve your game is to keep on practicing and soon you handicap will be 10 and your average 230
oh and when you dont knock all the pins over, dont get fustrated just make sure you pick up the spare.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
DUDEK HAS TO GO, has anyone seen his mistake :secruity: :secruity: :secruity:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BLUREMI)
wasnt that that that bad, should definetley have saved it though.

cool avatar btw :cool:
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
cool avatar btw :cool:
THANKS
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bit of a blooper by dudek there!!! But I also blame the attack...only one chance on target in 90mins at HOME that is terrible also. But 3 points for "my team" so i can't complain
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well just watch next season when its everyone back from unjuries.
Cisse Baros and Nando will kill it, and hopefully there will be a new RM, RB, and GK.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
well just watch next season when its everyone back from unjuries.
Cisse Baros and Nando will kill it, and hopefully there will be a new RM, RB, and GK.
yeh hopefully well get a new keeper in the currenttransfer window though
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well if not Carrson then its likely well go for ali al-habsi hes meant to be good.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You have a glaring mistake in your sig
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was an awful mistake, but was a wicked performance by United!
...Especially managing to cope for 20 minutes with a man down!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
You have a glaring mistake in your sig
lol.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Was an awful mistake, but was a wicked performance by United!
...Especially managing to cope for 20 minutes with a man down!

it wasnt really a man down it was 10v12 from the start cos dudek was on ur team
WM
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dudek was so good at one point! Now he is rubbish
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
You're right. Watching Australia and England crush Pakistan repeatedly would be tremendously exciting.
Indeedy. If you want to make it more exciting and liven it up with world class batsmen/bowlers, theres only one team worth mentioning...INDIA!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.84%
No (155)
74.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed