Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*Overjoyed the England won*...

"A hayrick-haired son of the soil with a heart of oak bowled England to a memorable victory" was the opening sentence on the Guardians back page.. hehe
I wasn't watching it, but Hoogard must have had an incredible innings. Got Kallis out for a duck! Sounded like South Africa almost managed to hold out long enough to get a draw (like in Durban) but not quite.
Trescothicks contribution of 180 runs was pretty incredible too..

The newspaper coverage is great.. even The Sun had a lead story on Hoggard.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Richly deserved accolades!

Sounded like a great game! Too bad Channel 4 don't provide any highlights.
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I saw bits of the SA innings yesterday and the bits i saw hoggard was bowling brilliant. I dunno what was up with harmisson these days though!!!
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
Well, no matter how good you are, there's always someone better then you, unless your Mr Federer of course

I live in South London as well.......maybe you can teach me a trick or two!!!!!! :hello:

LOL.......j/k.......i don't like tennis, i like team games where you can take on an opponent and embarrase them, i.e make them look like a doughnut...... :bootyshak

Besides, in tennis, all you do is serve, forehand, backhand, volley and drop shot.......... :p:
Hehe, where abouts in South London? Team games are fun too (I play netball and rounders and used to play hockey) but tennis is still better
NikolaiJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Check with your club (if you go to one) about tournaments. I'm guessing the entry fees could be quite varied depending on the competition.
I played table tennis in the London Youth Games, last year. I'm sorry, but I don't even know where Burton-on-Trent is (probably somewhere far away from London!).

The U-18 thing is probably once again variable, depending on the competition. You may be lucky, in that the rules are you have to be under 18 on January 1st (2005), or they may have some other date.
I'm a member of a club but not of the LTA. I guess I'll look into it.

Out of interest Burton-on-Trent is in the Midlands... near Derby, B'ham, Nott'ham etc, quite central. :P
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Hehe, where abouts in South London? Team games are fun too (I play netball and rounders and used to play hockey) but tennis is still better
rounders is a primary school sport , netball is stupid, you can't even move, wheres the fun in that??? , hockey is really cool......kinda dangerous tho, and too many rules!!! :confused:

I live in Wandsworth
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know a politician who supports Chelsea, not exactly a celebrity you're probably thinking of, but well known. The politician being John Major.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.lta.org.uk/U18/GetCompetitive/
ravs
Report 14 years ago
im going to be very honest. england played amazing cricket and deserved to win,. but there is absolutely NO way south africa should have opened the door and let them win, they needed to bat 70 overs, now if smith, kallis, gibbs, pollock, boucher, dippenaar and rudolph cannot bat 70 overs on a reasonably even paced 5th day surface, then relatively speaking, they threw it away more than england won it. full credit to hoggard but with harmison injured and anderson having possibly his worst test match to date, south africa should NOT have lost that game

(Original post by chandni)
I saw bits of the SA innings yesterday and the bits i saw hoggard was bowling brilliant. I dunno what was up with harmisson these days though!!!
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
im going to be very honest. england played amazing cricket and deserved to win,. but there is absolutely NO way south africa should have opened the door and let them win, they needed to bat 70 overs, now if smith, kallis, gibbs, pollock, boucher, dippenaar and rudolph cannot bat 70 overs on a reasonably even paced 5th day surface, then relatively speaking, they threw it away more than england won it. full credit to hoggard but with harmison injured and anderson having possibly his worst test match to date, south africa should NOT have lost that game
WTF? ain't SA suppose to be the 2nd best team in the world after Australia???.........they have pollock, and use to have some amazing bowler and that middle batsmen kulsunar(sp)???......England use to be *****, they couldn't even beat teams like West Indie or Zimbabwe.......

I don't watch much Cricket, it's never on terrestial tv, but i do watch all the test matches and ODI when it's hown on terrestial tv.

If i am chatting crap, then just ignore me
ravs
Report 14 years ago
south africa were rated 6th before this series, england were rated 2md, england have just come on the back of 8 test match wins an a row, they are a better side but south africa have shown in cape town that they can compete with them
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Simon Day, Neil Morrisey, that guy who used to be a captain on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Yes I know, they're all comedians. You have to be to support Palace :banghead:
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Simon Day, Neil Morrisey, that guy who used to be a captain on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Yes I know, they're all comedians. You have to be to support Palace :banghead:
Sean something...
hams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
WTF? ain't SA suppose to be the 2nd best team in the world after Australia???.........they have pollock, and use to have some amazing bowler and that middle batsmen kulsunar(sp)???......England use to be *****, they couldn't even beat teams like West Indie or Zimbabwe.......

I don't watch much Cricket, it's never on terrestial tv, but i do watch all the test matches and ODI when it's hown on terrestial tv.

If i am chatting crap, then just ignore me
no the best team is australia then ENGLAND, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, then South Africa. have a look for your self.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/cricke...nal/icctc.html
Chrism
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
John Parrott, Henrik Larsson, Liz from Atomic Kitten, Sharon Corr, Heidi from the Sugababes, Nicola from Girls Aloud, Paul McCartney and John Lennon, Tom O'Connor, Dame Judy Dench (according to our chairman), Eddie the Eagle, Lee from Steps, Jenny Seagrove (she'd better be, given she's the partner of our chairman), Norman Wisdom, Bill Bryson, James Major (John Major's son) are ones that come to mind.

Apparently Adolf Hitler had a soft spot for us as well.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um... Johnny Vaughn? Yeah, super!
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The test table looks pretty accurate to me. However the ODI table doesn't stand true in my eyes I think India are better than there ranking of the 7th best ODI nation in the world!!!
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The country is going livestrong crazy, people are even making fakes, how did human beings ever become so avaricious...
anyway i wan to know who has one ,,and where you got it from!!!

thanks guyz
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ordered one off teh US website. Looked on ebay but most seemed fake, and it kinda seems a bit pointless to buy them off ebay when they are for charity, i'd rather give the money directly to the foundation.
I dont know if i'll wear it, because I think they look a bit silly with lots of outfits.
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i have one, but i have it for a good reason, not like some people who wear them as fashion statements.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed