Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Ah its been a while since ive seen anyone stupid/immature enough to use this "Your team must be successful for you to have any right to comment" argument.
Just as well he's not been around too long because Arsenal used to be not as big as they are now. With Manchester United and Liverpool being the big guns, depending how far back you wish to go. Last time I looked Liverpool won the most silverware, no idea if this is still true now.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
If Roman walked a way there'd be a queue ten miles long of people/companies/consortiums wanting to take over the club. No way would Chelsea go the way of Leeds, they're a much more attractive proposition.
Perhaps. I just wonder whether the football team being in the capital, which is also the economic capital of Europe (I think), has any implications for large teams in London?
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by The Messiah)
Dont start talking bout liverpool man, when u starting winning league titles then u might b able to comment round here. all i have to bring is who are premiership champions? yeah i know its hard to admit, but the truth hurts.. who's hung know b****!
i came i wrote i conquered
dude, you support arsenal or man utd? :mad: , proberly arsenal 'cause they are the recent premiership champtionship. If so, who got beaten my liverpool by a scoucer Mellor????.......who needs to blantanly cheat their way to winning games?? :p:

Who's 10 points behind Chelsea????!!! after being remaining undefeated for like 50 games last season!!!! Who has two terrible keepers? Lehammn and Almunia, the worst keeper i have ever seen, heck he's even worse then Tabia who used to play for Man Utd :p:

Who can't make their established players signed a contract? mainly lauren, campbell and bergkamp??

Who can't cut it in the Champion leagues???.....not being in the semi final for like 10 years under charge with wingy Wenger???

Who keeps on making excuses when they lose and starts throwing Food at Alex Ferguson????

Dude, your just a glory hunter :p:

Ok, arsenal have a much better side then liverpool, but sooooooooo WHAT???????? :aetsch: Liverpool are still a more famous club then Arsenal!!!!!!!!

And mate, liverpool have been the most successful premiership club in premiership history, okay, they haven't win the league since like 1990, but they did win 5 cups under Holliour, okay, none of the cups were the Champion leagues

:secruity:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Has any manager taken two teams to winning the Champions League in two seasons consecutively?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How sportsmanship(!) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4190561.stm :rolleyes:
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
How sportsmanship(!) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4190561.stm :rolleyes:

you know what?.....i think the FA should put Wenger and Feggie in kindergarden classes, and make them sit next to eacth other

Take away their lunch box, when they are naugthy, and only giving it to them back when they are good!!!!!! :p:

Good idea? :hello:
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WALES IN LEAGUE WITH SAINTS
Wales are set to follow England's lead by turning to rugby league for new ideas.

The Welsh Rugby Union have approached Super League giants St Helens with a view to holding a joint training session.

The revelation comes just 24 hours after the completion of England's three-day camp at Headingley, where they trained alongside Super League champions Leeds Rhinos.

St Helens coach Ian Millward has given his approval to the initiative but is thought to have ruled out any move before the start of the RBS 6 Nations championship.

The Challenge Cup holders fly out to Portugal on Sunday for a week's warm-weather training and Wales play England in the opening Six Nations match a fortnight later.

"We have had an approach from Wales," confirmed a Saints spokesman. "It's in the very early stages but it is something we are giving serious consideration to."

St Helens, who are proud of their Welsh connections, are obvious suitors for the WRU despite a spat in 2001 over the collapse of Keiron Cunningham's proposed £500,000 move to Swansea.

Kel Coslett, who famously moved up from the Valleys in the 1960s, is currently Saints' football manager while Clive Griffiths, Wales' defensive coach, is a former St Helens player and is thought to be the man behind the latest initiative.

Scott Gibbs, the former Wales and Lions centre, played for St Helens from 1994-96 and was in the Challenge Cup-winning team at Wembley in 1996.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pig)
The feud would be interesting/amusing if they were contesting at the very top of the league, but as they're being owned, it's just daft.
Wonder how the next season will come along.
*Natalie*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I heard that if roman was to die chelsea would have to go into liquidation.
S'pose dieing is different to walking though
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In response to *Natalie*..

Let's suppose he did die tomorrow...

Options are as follows;
1a) the person who inherits his (rather large) estate continues with Chelsea FC
1b) the person who inherits his (rather large) estate sells Chelsea FC

The reality for Chelsea;
2a) If option 1a is the event, then nothing really changes.
2b) If option 1b is the event, then Chelsea FC continue, but with vastly reduced buying capabilities.

As for the money owing for the players they have already bought;
I assume, due to his immense wealth, that they have been bought totally already. The only problem would be, should a new owner take charge, (and assuming the owner isn't as wealthy as Abromovich) then several of the star players would need to be sold in order to pay the wage bill, which I imagine to be pretty big!
*Natalie*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well thats what a financial expert said.
Has he made a will, or are you assuming that he has?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Natalie*)
well thats what a financial expert said.
Has he made a will, or are you assuming that he has?
Of course he will have, or some kind of alternative.. He's a billionaire for gods sake! :cool:
*Natalie*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
s'pose
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Natalie*)
s'pose
awww :hello: don't be shy!
*Natalie*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im not shy, jus embarrassed at my blatant lack of common sense :rolleyes:
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I fail to see how Rugby League benefits out of these "joint training sessions". With the exception of kicking I think that there is little that can be learnt by League from Union. This was further reinforced when the new England Rugby Union manager (whos name escapes me at this moment in time) was asked the same question and struggled to find an answer.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
do u guys think hes a gd prospect, do u think hell start ahead of dudek
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really cant see him starting ahead of Dudek, it would have been better for him staying at Leeds. He said he didnt want to go to Chelsea as he would have been 3rd choice, but i would also have him 3rd choice at Liverpool behind Kirkland and Dudek. The 3 occasions iv seen him play he wasnt that amazing, but obviously he must have had a few good games liverpool to buy him...more of a long term option probably.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we should see about signing that exeter city guy instead!
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I fail to see how Rugby League benefits out of these "joint training sessions". With the exception of kicking I think that there is little that can be learnt by League from Union. This was further reinforced when the new England Rugby Union manager (whos name escapes me at this moment in time) was asked the same question and struggled to find an answer.
robinson?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads