Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamieholmear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you can talk about how much money chelsea have spent, but then look at man utd and arsenal! they didnt get rooney, rio, reyes, henry etc etc for free did they! also look at the cases of boro and tottenham, both teams have spent big money over the past few years with little success (a worthington cup). if it was all done to money then chelsea would have won the league 4 or 5 years ago when we were buying players for large sums on stupid wages who were pretty useless. the only difference now being is that the manager is signing the correct players, and using his expertise to guide them to the championship. it is all down to the management!!
jamieholmear
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
celtic and rangers fans arnt aloud to sit at the same side of the table at dinner!
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wouldnt even start him, start wright philips. GERRARD for captain!!!
jamieholmear
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
surely it should be Beckham who should be accomodated, not SWP??? and what about Downing, the bloke deserves a chance? and it surely must be a matter of time before Terry becomes a first choice centre half for england
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Even though SWP is on form, I think Beckham should still be made first choice on the right. Simply beacuse he has so much more experience, and is captain. Though I think it's only a matter of time before SWP will be on the right.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Their fine was reduced to 300 euros (£210) on appeal
:hmpf:
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sven is unlikely to drop darling David, so he could just try from left to right, Downing, Lampard (attacking midfield), Gerrard, , SWPhillips (attacking midfield), Beckham.

But ideally you'd drop Beckham and try Defoe and Owen/Rooney upfront maybe.
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lampard is rubbish for England. Have a midfield four of Downing, Gerrard, SWP and Beckham. If we have to use Lampard then fair enough.

I would rather see, Ferdy and Terry in the centre, Campbell is just too heavy, bulky and slow for world-level now.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...437290,00.html

A while ago now, but £420...

This relates to a seperate incident, not the England vs Spain match.

However, this doesn't allow for the fact that the fine for the Athletico vs Real match is ridiculously low !!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone see the documentary about him last night?
Hazza_CPFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Anyone see the documentary about him last night?
I caught most of it, but to be honest there's nothing he's done there that hasn't been done a thousand times before by businessmen.

I don't see why football should try and take the moral highground about it all now.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
Lampard is rubbish for England. Have a midfield four of Downing, Gerrard, SWP and Beckham. If we have to use Lampard then fair enough.

I would rather see, Ferdy and Terry in the centre, Campbell is just too heavy, bulky and slow for world-level now.
So he didn't score four goals in the European Championships then...

Beckham is the one who is rubbish for England and has been since the last World Cup. He doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of being Captain and keep his football to a high enough standard.

Downing deserves a chance, as does SWP - so I don't understand why we don't use attacking wing-backs (Cole or Downing and SWP) with Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham in the centre where they're much better players.

We'd finally get the damn width that the team is so badly lacking.

I've been saying this for over a year but that damn Sven just won't listen to me :rolleyes:
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gerrard, Terry or Rio for Captain ahead of Beckham. Since becoming Captain his football has got steadily worse and Sven needs to do something about it, though I doubt he will any time soon.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its hard to see how terry would get a place in defence, because ferdinand and campbell are both better defenders, unfortunately for him. If england played 3-5-2 maybe (but i'm not sure if i'd recommend that).
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)

Are you joking? Seriously, are you?

Lampard is the best midfielder we have, bar none.
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Its hard to see how terry would get a place in defence, because ferdinand and campbell are both better defenders, unfortunately for him. If england played 3-5-2 maybe (but i'm not sure if i'd recommend that).
You are joking too. Rio is half the defender Terry is. Look at how good Chelsea are with Terry. And how good is Rio's defense? Crap. Terry is an automatic starter.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Garage)
You are joking too. Rio is half the defender Terry is. Look at how good Chelsea are with Terry. And how good is Rio's defense? Crap. Terry is an automatic starter.
Thats only because chelsea have spent excessive money on players. Is easy to look good when you don't actually have to do much defending.
Rio has proven himself a great defender on the world stage. Terry has proven himself competent, but nothing special.
lukeD
Report 14 years ago
The documentary last night was absolutely rubbish...

Just a load of old regurgitated stuff which you've probably read in the newspapers a million times before.

Basically, Sweeney's in-depth investigation led him to the following startling revelations:

1. Abramovich got all his money by buying public-sector businesses cheaply
2. He exploited some tax loopholes
3. He apparently owes 9m to the European Bank (loose change)

That's it. Good to see the license fee being put to good use.
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They deserve it!
topdude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
india are by far the second best one day team in the world, and probably also on tests (although if we were 2 play england IN england we would prbably lose)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise