Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
    Gerrard, Terry or Rio for Captain ahead of Beckham. Since becoming Captain his football has got steadily worse and Sven needs to do something about it, though I doubt he will any time soon.
    terry shouldnt be in the team, never mind captain. yes, he is an amazing defender, but the partnership of sol and rio is like a rock

ReputationRep:
    i think Lampard would make a good captain,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdude)
    terry shouldnt be in the team, never mind captain. yes, he is an amazing defender, but the partnership of sol and rio is like a rock
    Isn't Sol getting on now? If so you can still count on Terry if one of them two happen to be injured, tactical substitutions or one of them eventually retire from international football.

Absolutely. CFC forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
    I caught most of it, but to be honest there's nothing he's done there that hasn't been done a thousand times before by businessmen.

I don't see why football should try and take the moral highground about it all now.
    Indeed. This programme will just get people always pointing the figure on Chelsea's success being only down to finance, when others have done it but don't apparently realise others because it wasn't publicised etc.

*chokes*.

You are a joker. Rio proven on the world stage. Maybe if that is playing Sparta. Put him against AC or Bayern and watch him struggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I think...matches behind closed doors would be more apropaite.
    I think this will be best too. That way the players and viewers on TV don't have to put up with it and it is safer for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ME, 5 WEEKS AGO)
    1 Chelsea 18 43
    2 Arsenal 18 38
    3 Everton 18 37
    4 Man Utd 18 34
    5 Boro 18 32
    Now...
    1 Chelsea 23 58
    2 Arsenal 23 48
    3 Man Utd 23 47
    4 Everton 23 44
    5 Liverpool 23 37
    6 Middlesbrough 23 36

hehe, seems there has been a bit of a blip by the Arsenal! In just over one month they have managed to lose another five points on Chelsea :eek: I am interested to note that Everton have manitained a top four position :p:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are winning most Premiership team this season (18 matches), posted the fewest number of top division draws - four (equal with Liverpool, Charlton and Fulham), lost the fewest games in the top tier (one) and dropped the least number of top flight points (11).

Some people say that Arsenal have dropped but I would consider saying that Chelsea have improved too. So the gap has effectively increased more to what it would otherwise have been.

As a Chelsea fan, I don't believe the day will come. But if it did, the money coming from winning the premiership, champs league, Fa cup, league cup and charity shield every year, as well as the super cup (champs league winner v UEFA cup winner) and taking part in the world club championship, (which Man U flunked a year or so ago) would easily cover wages etc for the next season, as well as tv rights etc etc. We would remain one of the top 5 clubs (top 5; best and biggest) in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Though remember that him writing off a 300million pound investment is the equivalent to you or I writing off a few hundred quid. Nat as implausible as it seems. Though it won't happen any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    i really am not a rio fan at all, sorry! its JT all the way for me, the man is a beast. regarding lampard, if anything he plays better for england than for chelsea, and it is gerrard who underachieves for england (especially euro 2004)

ReputationRep:
    Sven needs to go!! He's tooscared to drop the big names. Beckham hasnt been on top form since the world cup (as someone said before) and should be dropped immediatley. Whta kind of message does it send out to the team when the two most promising wide players england has had for the last 10 years cant get a game cos the out of form captain who cant even score penalties (!) is the first name on the team sheet every game. Sven doesnt appear to have any tactics or bottle to lead England to the world cup. Look at Luis Felipe Scolari last summer. The guy dropped two of the biggest names ever in Portugalks history (Rui Costa and Figo) and too them to the final brushing Sven and England aside easily.

Plus Sven gets too much negative media coverage. He needs sacked, I dont give a **** if they have to pay him the full compensation. Wed be better off with a caretaker manager.

Krim

ReputationRep:
    who do you guys think has enough clout to conquer europe?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how England get threatened with being expelled from major championships cos of 30 hooligans where as Spain get fined just over £44k for a whole stadium full of yobs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feelinmg Arsenal man.. Chealsea-Arsenal final... though

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal may finally snap after realising thy have lost the league and be more adventerous in europe. Their problem in the last few seasons is that they've been too cautious so maybe yeah..

ReputationRep:
    nope, disagree mostly. when on top form india are the 2nd best odi team and test team but at the moment we are nowhere near 2nd best in odi, but could definitely say we are as good as england pretty much in tests (behind by 1 point, having played far less series and not having played 8 tests against the worst indies!)
    last time we played eng in eng we drew 1-1 and i thought we played the better cricket in the series, the headingley test match was one of the most complete test match performances ive seen from india

(Original post by topdude)
    india are by far the second best one day team in the world, and probably also on tests (although if we were 2 play england IN england we would prbably lose)

ReputationRep:
    chelsea have got a squad full of quality better keeper too

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.