The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9520
hey does anybody know any place in london that does females only classes for tae kwon do?? i really wanna start it but i cant seem to find any that arent mixd...
Not sure on Arsenal with the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, they are still a great side, but they just don't seem to do that well in the Champions League.
I think Chelsea will get knocked out for sure this round. They aren't experienced enough in the biggest european competition, and so when they come up against AC Milan will get knocked out :cool:
IMO none of the english clubs will win the champions league this year.
Yellow Pages will have Taekwondo clubs listed in them, and I'm sure that a large majority of classes do offer women only classes, it'll just be a case of calling up the ones local to you and asking.

Also, have a look in your local leisure center or church hall, they might have leaflets for classes taking place there :biggrin:

Good luck :biggrin:
Another one for Gerrard or Terry.
Economist
Yeah especially after all the problems she has had

Yes. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't put up a better show against Farina Elia but still, it's something to work on.

I know I'm a bit late joining this but I think the title is Federer's. The womens' game is a bit more wide open though. I'd like Mauresmo to win purely because I think she's been unlucky not to win a slam yet, and I feel sorry for her having to share a court with all those pretty girls.
afireinside©
I think Chelsea will get knocked out for sure this round. They aren't experienced enough in the biggest european competition, and so when they come up against AC Milan will get knocked out :cool:
IMO none of the english clubs will win the champions league this year.

Respect bAD BOY, YOU'VE ALMOST GOT AS MANY REDDIES AS I HAVE. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO PEOPLE MAN. ITS SO LAME HOW PEOPLE CANT RESOLVE SITUATIONS THEMSELVES, INSTEAD THEY SNITCH AND GIVE RED POINTS. WAS THE BAN PAINFUL?

PEACE

p.s Arsenal will win the champions league
afireinside©
I think Chelsea will get knocked out for sure this round.

Bacause of what you said below as the sole basis or are there other reasons too?

afireinside©
They aren't experienced enough in the biggest european competition

Sometimes experience doesn't matter. Chelsea don't have much experience being in the position they are now in the Premiership, but they keep winning.

afireinside©
and so when they come up against AC Milan will get knocked out :cool:

How did Milan come into it? You just said they well get knocked out this round, and they have two legs against Barcelona to play. And there is no point mentioning the future because a lot can change 'til then.
The Messiah
I'm feelinmg Arsenal man.. Chealsea-Arsenal final... though

So you think that, despite being an Arsenal fan, you think Chelsea can beat Barcelona? I would have thought quite a few Arsenal fans would write off Chelsea's chances.
NDGAARONDI
How did Milan come into it? You just said they well get knocked out this round, and they have two legs against Barcelona to play. And there is no point mentioning the future because a lot can change 'til then.

LOL - sorry, I meant Barcelona! I think Barcelona will knock Chelsea out this round. Not because I want them to, but I just think they will..
afireinside©
LOL - sorry, I meant Barcelona! I think Barcelona will knock Chelsea out this round. Not because I want them to, but I just think they will..

Barca only have 14 fit first team players at the moment! =\
Lot of their injuries are season long aswell! :eek:

Whatever happens... will be an interesting game!
NDGAARONDI
So you think that, despite being an Arsenal fan, you think Chelsea can beat Barcelona? I would have thought quite a few Arsenal fans would write off Chelsea's chances.

Barca are a great 'attacking team', however they are left very exposed on counter attacks, Robben and Duff don't waste counter opportunities. wheareas Chelsea defend in a more orthodox manner and they are less adventurous.
mc_watson87
Barca only have 14 fit first team players at the moment! =\
Lot of their injuries are season long aswell! :eek:

Whatever happens... will be an interesting game!

I thought Chelsea will have a tough game ahead of themselves with Barcelona. However, if Chelsea play really well and Barcelona are struggling with injuries, who knows what can happen. I'd be interested to see if Carvalho and the other curent Chelsea players currently injured that can make it for the first leg.
Krim
Sven needs to go!! He's tooscared to drop the big names. Beckham hasnt been on top form since the world cup (as someone said before) and should be dropped immediatley. Whta kind of message does it send out to the team when the two most promising wide players england has had for the last 10 years cant get a game cos the out of form captain who cant even score penalties (!) is the first name on the team sheet every game. Sven doesnt appear to have any tactics or bottle to lead England to the world cup. Look at Luis Felipe Scolari last summer. The guy dropped two of the biggest names ever in Portugalks history (Rui Costa and Figo) and too them to the final brushing Sven and England aside easily.

Plus Sven gets too much negative media coverage. He needs sacked, I dont give a **** if they have to pay him the full compensation. Wed be better off with a caretaker manager.

Krim

definitely.
Reply 9534
ravs
nope, disagree mostly. when on top form india are the 2nd best odi team and test team but at the moment we are nowhere near 2nd best in odi

ok since beating pakistan in pakistan (i just wanted to put that in), we havent been great, but it hasnt been that bad. The whole asian cup or whatever it was was just a corrupt bollywood film, as with the loss to bangladesh. When england beat us, 2-1 i believe, that was just becuase of flintoff magic. If there was a match with flintoff and tendulkar at his best there would be no competition. Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly would make it in every one-day world xi, in about two years so will Pathan and if he becomes more consistent, so will yuvraj
Well, the way the draw has worked so far;

Henman vs Roddick should be the Quarter Final
The Winner of that should play Lleyton Hewitt in the Semi.

He's going to have to go the hard way to get too far !
Expression
Well, the way the draw has worked so far;

Henman vs Roddick should be the Quarter Final
The Winner of that should play Lleyton Hewitt in the Semi.

He's going to have to go the hard way to get too far !

DUDE, the slams are soooooo predicatable......its always Federer, roddick, hewitt and henman......and baldy agassi if he's fit, he's getting on a bit....

they should make those players give other players a handicap, they are so much better then the rest. Roger should give all his oponents a 2 set headstart and losing 5-0 in the final set.....

DUDE, its sooooooo not fair and is sooooooo boring
Reply 9537
ganguly wouldnt make it into any world xi, im a huge gangu fan but sadly not many ppl consider him an all time odi great, when he is surely, with over 9500 runs. i dont know why, his record is amazing

topdude
ok since beating pakistan in pakistan (i just wanted to put that in), we havent been great, but it hasnt been that bad. The whole asian cup or whatever it was was just a corrupt bollywood film, as with the loss to bangladesh. When england beat us, 2-1 i believe, that was just becuase of flintoff magic. If there was a match with flintoff and tendulkar at his best there would be no competition. Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly would make it in every one-day world xi, in about two years so will Pathan and if he becomes more consistent, so will yuvraj
Economist
Sharapova has made it through to the 3rd round despite losing the first set :smile:

...and Sharapova whooped Li Na in the 3rd round 6-0 6-2! :biggrin: ...The match lasting just 50 minutes!
i am not pleased :mad:

Latest