Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallthoms)
    Yes. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't put up a better show against Farina Elia but still, it's something to work on.

I know I'm a bit late joining this but I think the title is Federer's. The womens' game is a bit more wide open though. I'd like Mauresmo to win purely because I think she's been unlucky not to win a slam yet, and I feel sorry for her having to share a court with all those pretty girls.
    I think Baltacha went out with the mindset that she couldn't win so she got her arsed kicked instead!!!

Re muresmo it is debatable which tour (s)he should be playing on!!!

ReputationRep:
    the problem with ganguly is when hes good he is good but when he is bad he is disgustingly bad!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    I think Baltacha went out with the mindset that she couldn't win so she got her arsed kicked instead!!!

Re muresmo it is debatable which tour (s)he should be playing on!!!

The fact that Baltacha was way out of her depth, and that the two rounds + qualifying that she went through have jumped her about 30 places up the ranking, shows that she had little chance from the offset.

She has played 3 more matches than the people granted access straight into the round 1 draw. Probably tired.

Give her credit where credit is due.

ReputationRep:
    why? Hasnt he just invested £10 million into your club and he has loadsof experience. Plus when he was chairman of Chelsea some of the things he would come out with were amusing...id have him as chairman of my club any day...maybe if u wana swap.

ReputationRep:
    well yeah, its this short ball thing, although hes gotten better. i bet most ppl dont know that since the 1st of january 2003, he has averaged 53, which is excellent. in that time, he has faced the two best bowling attacks in pakistan and australia (aus twice!)

the problem with ganguly is when hes good he is good but when he is bad he is disgustingly bad!!!

ReputationRep:
    i think he is an absolutly amazing cricketer, but has the personality ofa dry sponge. I dont like him as a person at all, but respect him for his cricket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    The fact that Baltacha was way out of her depth, and that the two rounds + qualifying that she went through have jumped her about 30 places up the ranking, shows that she had little chance from the offset.

She has played 3 more matches than the people granted access straight into the round 1 draw. Probably tired.

Give her credit where credit is due.
    Yeah, Baltacha did well this week. Especially in the 2nd round match where she came back when it seemed like she might be out.
    Btw, Henman match is being shown on bbc at around 12:15 a.m or something.

ReputationRep:
    i love his arrogance, his in your face attitude. its probably that more than anything which has toughened up indian cricket. no other previous captain has gotten up the noses of opponents, and riled them up. look at how he used this arrogance against steve waugh in 2001 and 2003, and we did amazingly well in those 2 series because he un nerved them.

(Original post by topdude)
    i think he is an absolutly amazing cricketer, but has the personality ofa dry sponge. I dont like him as a person at all, but respect him for his cricket.

ReputationRep:
    yer he hasnt invested 10mil but i (and a lot of my mates who are leeds fans) cant help but think hes in it for himself

ReputationRep:
    ~watching Henman head towards a straight set loss against davydenko (26) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieBecks23)
    yer he hasnt invested 10mil but i (and a lot of my mates who are leeds fans) cant help but think hes in it for himself
    Would you rather go into administration, have another 10 points knocked off, and get relegated to League 1?

ReputationRep:
    Ken is a shrewd business man and knows where to put his money best. Maybe he can help Leeds who knows.

ReputationRep:
    If Ken does to Leeds what he did for Chelsea, then Leeds should have no complaints. However, don't expect to bounce back to the Premiership too soon. It will take time, just what happened with Chelsea. Evidently, Ken might use his £14m+ cheque he received from Roman

ReputationRep:
    There will be a great deal of animosity towards Ken when he shows his face to the fans at matches and it shouldn't be that way. Ken has offered them a light at the end of the tunnel. I know how bad it got here when Chelsea came to Leeds and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    I know how bad it got here when Chelsea came to Leeds and vice versa.
    LOL. Didn't happen so much with Hasselbaink coming to Chelsea from Leeds did it? Besides, we have greater teams to think about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are right of course. Leeds who are they????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    You are right of course. Leeds who are they????
    Some team in West Yorkshire who, many of their fans and staff claim, that they will return to the Premiership Not sure how many Leeds fans there are on this site. Let us concentrate on Man Utd and Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Some team in West Yorkshire who, many of their fans and staff claim, that they will return to the Premiership Not sure how many Leeds fans there are on this site. Let us concentrate on Man Utd and Arsenal
    LOL :p:
    Not that many that will admit to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    Same with Scotland RFU. No one has admitted they support them but there are quite a few 'Scottish' users here. What I've noticed is that there was a poll once where people voted on who they support and there were more Arsenal fans than Manchester United :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    LOL :p:
    I'm a Leeds fan heh. I dont know how many of the fans can complain really.......if bates hadnt come in its highly likely we would have gone into administration and been docked 10 points by the FA.

Might also give the players and staff a bit of a boost not wondering whos going to be incharge of the club every week, maybe they will actually focus on winning games now for once.......

Also im not entirely sure i buy the argument of him being in it for himself. How old is he? i think hes about 77 and that just doesnt seem to fit for me, but we shall see i suppose

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.