This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PrOdiGy_)
I'm a Leeds fan heh.
Two people that I know of on this site now.

I dont know how many of the fans can complain really.......
Because he's ex-Chelsea?

if bates hadnt come in its highly likely we would have gone into administration and been docked 10 points by the FA.
Yep. I always thought it was the Football League who did this though.

Also im not entirely sure i buy the argument of him being in it for himself. How old is he?
He's 72 I thought. I don't know how it is in it for himself. I would like to hear from people who advocate this as to why this is the case.

i think hes about 77 and that just doesnt seem to fit for me, but we shall see i suppose
Should age matter too much? Not that many chairmen are as young as Chelsea's new chairman you know. If he does the job, you can't complain
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Henman played bad tennis yesterday davydenko deserved to win.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
DUDE, the slams are soooooo predicatable......its always Federer, roddick, hewitt and henman......and baldy agassi if he's fit, he's getting on a bit....

they should make those players give other players a handicap, they are so much better then the rest. Roger should give all his oponents a 2 set headstart and losing 5-0 in the final set.....

DUDE, its sooooooo not fair and is sooooooo boring
How many grand slams have Henman won? Also you have forgotten Safin.

Offcourse I'm with Nalbandian, Coria and Cañas.

:hello:
leopard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
Henman played bad tennis yesterday davydenko deserved to win.
~Did he? i thought it was a pretty routine performance :rolleyes:
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought he made a lot of unforced errors.
leopard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~no need to THINK about it...he DID, and that's why he lost, again.

woo hoo..go Lleyton-do us aussies proud! :cool:
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good match of Lleyton defeating Chela, I'm willing to see Coria or Nalbandian defeating him in quarterfinals :aetsch:
leopard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~didnt' get to see the match jsut then..but apparently there was some aggro going on:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Tennis/He...334269615.html

forget it!! :aetsch: Lleyton's going all the way with this one!! that's if he can get past Federer--i mean, that guy...he really scares me!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well then it could be Cañas in semifinals? Hehe, that would be incredible.

Federer is in another level right now, if he plays his best tennis he's the master of the tennis universe.
ravs
Report 14 years ago
disgusting, i hope they find the cricketer who did this! its awful. hmm, against islamic law, but then again isnt smoking pot against islamic law (re: wasim and waqar in the wet indies in 1995 on the beach!) and alot of the pakistani players have been caught drinking, which i believ eis the biggest sin possible in islam. infact, aamir sohail , rumour has it, was once drunk whilst actually on the field!

ravs
________________________________ _____________________

Pakistan management denies rape charge

Cricinfo staff

January 22, 2005

The Pakistan team management has denied the rape allegation levelled at a team member, but the board has launched an investigation into the matter. The Australian has reported that the unnamed player accused of the crime denied it through his manager.

The board has asked Haroon Rashid, the team manager, for a report before it begins the investigation. Zakir Khan, the manager of cricket operations for the PCB, who was alerted to the allegation by his Australian counterpart, said, "The fact is nobody knows what is the real story," and admitted that they were baffled.

"I cannot say anything more until we get to the bottom of what has happened," said Zakir. "It has taken nearly three weeks for this woman or girl or whoever she is to come up with this. There is no police report and nothing else. We don't know what is the legal procedure, so we will definitely be consulting people, lawyers also, on how to tackle this situation if it is true. It's distressing for everyone."

The woman, who wanted anonymity, reported the matter to the Centre Against Sexual Assault, who informed Cricket Australia (CA) a while ago. A spokesperson for CA said that they had informed the Pakistan management of the allegations this late because the preparations for the tsunami relief game had been intense.

"We should have told the Pakistan team management and we didn't," said the spokesperson. "There's no excuse for that, although I should say that the last two weeks have been probably the most extraordinary two weeks in Australian cricket history in terms of what we've done and the outcome."

Bob Woolmer admitted that the team members were shocked when they heard the news. "There was stunned silence really. Everyone sort of looked at each other. Personally I don't think anyone in the dressing-room was involved.

"It's totally against Islamic law. It's totally against everything they believe in."
leopard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~he's already master of the tennis universe :rolleyes:
i wanna see a sharapova match...stories on her match cries/squeals were on almost every sports bulletin of the news :p:
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
How many grand slams have Henman won? Also you have forgotten Safin.

Offcourse I'm with Nalbandian, Coria and Cañas.

:hello:
0 mate, safin is inconsistant, he only won one slam i think, USA 2000..........Nalbandian is pretty good, i though he was a one hit wonder when he reached the final against hewitt i think in wimbledon 2002........

Coria and cana are more clay players, there are only 1 slam that is on clay, Australian open is not one of them mate

Mate, you gotta keep it real
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm with them just because I'm argentinean not because I think that they have REAL chances to win the tournament ... and Henman have never won a Grand Slam and he will never do it ...

Cañas isn't a clay court player, he have won the TMS of Toronto, Canada, beating Kafelnikov, Federer, Schirichapan and Roddick in hard court.

Toronto TMS, Toronto, Canada
Tennis Masters Series, 7/29/2002, O, Hard , Draw: 64

R64 Federer, Roger (SUI ) 7 7-6(10) 7-5
R32 Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA ) 57 6-2 6-1
R16 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS ) 23 6-2 6-2
Q Safin, Marat (RUS ) 2 7-5 6-3
S Haas, Tommy (GER ) 10 6-4 3-6 7-6(5)
W Roddick, Andy (USA ) 15 6-4 7-5

Chennai, India
International Series, 12/31/2001, O, Hard , Draw: 32

R32 Bastl, George (SUI ) N/A 6-4 6-2
R16 Karlovic, Ivo (CRO ) N/A 7-5 6-2
Q Vanek, Jiri (CZE ) N/A 7-5 1-1
S Kucera, Karol (SVK ) N/A 4-6 6-3 6-3
W Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA ) N/A 6-4 7-6(2)
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
any ideas of who it could be? it certainly wont be any of the players on the field... maybe his age is making bob woolmer randy? He cant get it in pakistan so might as well try his luck in australia
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm with them just because I'm argentinean not because I think that they have REAL chances to win the tournament ... and Henman have never won a Grand Slam and he will never do it ...

Cañas isn't a clay court player, he have won the TMS of Toronto, Canada, beating Kafelnikov, Federer, Schirichapan and Roddick in hard court.

Toronto TMS, Toronto, Canada
Tennis Masters Series, 7/29/2002, O, Hard , Draw: 64

R64 Federer, Roger (SUI ) 7 7-6(10) 7-5
R32 Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA ) 57 6-2 6-1
R16 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS ) 23 6-2 6-2
Q Safin, Marat (RUS ) 2 7-5 6-3
S Haas, Tommy (GER ) 10 6-4 3-6 7-6(5)
W Roddick, Andy (USA ) 15 6-4 7-5

Chennai, India
International Series, 12/31/2001, O, Hard , Draw: 32

R32 Bastl, George (SUI ) N/A 6-4 6-2
R16 Karlovic, Ivo (CRO ) N/A 7-5 6-2
Q Vanek, Jiri (CZE ) N/A 7-5 1-1
S Kucera, Karol (SVK ) N/A 4-6 6-3 6-3
W Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA ) N/A 6-4 7-6(2)

dude, yet again, your not keeping it real

What has canas done in Slams? :hello:

Has he only win two tournaments in his career? :hello:
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also the 6 tournaments, canas won, were 2 set match, doesn't show stamina and mental strength
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know if I can't express my self clearly in English or if you don't understand simple sentences ... I've said that I'm with Cañas because he's argentinean like me and I don't think that the has real chances of winning the tournament ...

"I'm with them just because I'm argentinean not because I think that they have REAL chances to win the tournament ... and Henman have never won a Grand Slam and he will never do it ..."

And he has won 6 tournaments, those two that I've mentioned were in HARD COURTS and not in clay.
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know if I can't express my self clearly in English or if you don't understand simple sentences ... I've said that I'm with Cañas because he's argentinean like me and I don't think that the has real chances of winning the tournament ...

"I'm with them just because I'm argentinean not because I think that they have REAL chances to win the tournament ... and Henman have never won a Grand Slam and he will never do it ..."

And he has won 6 tournaments.
fair enough :mad:
ravs
Report 14 years ago
why wouldnt it be a member of the on field squad? if anything i thought it has to be a player, it says 'team', which would imply the PLAYING squad

(Original post by alkaeda)
any ideas of who it could be? it certainly wont be any of the players on the field... maybe his age is making bob woolmer randy? He cant get it in pakistan so might as well try his luck in australia
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He might be a complete tosser, and I doubt anyone will dispute that, but he'll do a decent job. Simple as.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads

Latest