Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    NHL: '20 of the 30 teams are losing money, we want to impose some restrictions'

NHLPA: 'We want more money'

NHL: 'F-ck off, we'll just not bother employing you'

Go to the NHL site for CBA updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    Oh, to watch Chelsea beat Arsenal again.
    What do you mean by again? Chelsea have not beaten Arsenal at Highbury in the Premiership ever. Or are you thinking of last season's Champions League quarter final?

ReputationRep:
    Bare knuckle boxing is illegal.

ReputationRep:
    Well, not really, but I had fun watching those clips and thinking "ooh I was there earlier today!" etc Shame they didn't show the tower, but it's not finished yet I suppose...

But where's Milan Mandaric!? :eek: I'd have thought a guest appearance on a high-rated football soap opera was JUST his sort of thing! Ahh well, I just think it'd be well funny watching that guy act

ReputationRep:
    All I hear is Portsmouth and Southampton these days, yet I'm closer to Reading and London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    All I hear is Portsmouth and Southampton these days, yet I'm closer to Reading and London.
    How come? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    How come? :confused:
    The fact that some of my family watch the 'regional' news which is so biased towards those two cities, especially with the football. Yet news on the South East is meant to cover the likes of Oxford and Slough. Then I hear the two sides because they're in the Premiership anyway, then the Cup draw. Anyway, that's my rant done

ReputationRep:
    I recall reading something in my criminal law text that basically said that you could consent to fighting under circumstances even outside of sport. I am not sure if this is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    its called a fight...which could be assault

ReputationRep:
    u wanna know the biggest chant at elland road from away fans? and it drives me silly

"ure not famous anymore"
    "ure not famous, ure not famous, ure not famous,"
    "ure not famous anymore"

fcuking hate that chant

ReputationRep:
    im sorry but i am 100% behind bellamy. he is a striker. souness keeps playing him in midfield. souness knows he isnt a midfielder and knows craig dont like playing there so why do it? would he play shearer there? nope.

ReputationRep:
    been a leeds fan i HATE to say this but.............. rio is a good captain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieBecks23)
    im sorry but i am 100% behind bellamy. he is a striker. souness keeps playing him in midfield. souness knows he isnt a midfielder and knows craig dont like playing there so why do it? would he play shearer there? nope.

Isn't it because he plays wide?? He has an obligation to do what Souness says whether he likes it or not. If that means kicking him out, so be it!! Lazy welshman dont score goals

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree, because of his pace and attacking play thats where he is most effective. When he was at Coventry he was played out of position, which is why people thought he wasnt a good player.

ReputationRep:
    What would've happened if Thierry Henry had said to Wenger, "Non Monsieur, je ne veux pas etre un buteur".

Whether or not he thinks it's his best position he has a responsibility to his team and his manager (again, regardless of what he thinks of him).

If someone went into work and said, umm, no I don't think I'll do that report because I'm better at filing, he'd be fired. This is no different.

( By the way yes I do think Bellamy is much better up front )

ReputationRep:
    Alicia Mollick (not sure about spelling) just beat Venus.

Hewitt's playing well too :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    i thought bareknuckle boxing was made illegal like in the 1900's... before people would go like 50 rounds, would have been good to see lol
    yeah it wasnt bareknuckle

ReputationRep:
    I hope Lleyton loses, hes such a cocky little piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    Basically we are a premiership team on loan to the championship. Just how long the loan is we dont know.
    What a load of utter rubbish.

Your club is currently the laughing stock of English football. You had it so good only a few seasons ago but the whole club operation was one trying to live far above your means. You'll never re-live the O'Leary Champions League highs, and only ever got there by spending millions you never had.

It's going to take at least 2 more seasons for you to be able to mount a serious promotion challenge, then you've got to fight off relegation back in the Prem.

You'll never get back to where you were. Leeds are a small club now, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I hope Lleyton loses, hes such a cocky little piece of work.
    :eek: You could be right, I don't really focus on the social lives of the players, but you have to admit, he's quite talented at what he does!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.