Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think both are too blame here. Bellamy get's paid a large amount of money to play football every week, and should play wherever he is put. If he feels he is more effective up front then as a right winger (Which i would have to agree) then he should bring this up to Souness. Then if Souness refuses, he should just get on with it.

I watched the interview and i've read a load of stories on the issue on the net and no 2 have them have said the same thing. I dont think we've been given the full truth yet, and until then i wont judge who was wrong over it. What i will say is that i don't think he would have refused to play on Sunday, or he wouldnt have bothered to travel.

A for Souness, he is a shocking manager. The only thing he succeeds in doing is falling out with the best players at every club he goes to. If Toon get rid of anyone, it should be him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    A for Souness, he is a shocking manager. The only thing he succeeds in doing is falling out with the best players at every club he goes to. If Toon get rid of anyone, it should be him.
    that is soooooo true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom86)
    for newcastle things are just get worse and worse and even worser! i really dont believe it!
    Be careful you don't do a Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Be careful you don't do a Leeds.
    leeds? we wont get into any finacial trouble. although i hope we do, so some billianaire can comeout buy this club, we can sack fat shepherd and start everything again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom86)
    leeds? we wont get into any finacial trouble. although i hope we do, so some billianaire can comeout buy this club, we can sack fat shepherd and start everything again.
    Didn't happen with Wimbledon did it?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, this thread is great. Sone people are so funny. 'Your too young to have an opinion'... What a fool.

Firstly, i'll start by saying im a Manchester United Fan. I wasn't born in Manchester, and i don't live there. I am a United fan because from a very young age, when i started watching football, everyone i knew supported United. So i did too. I get up too watch them as often as possible, which is only maybe 4 or 5 times a season as it is a long journey. If this makes me a 'plastic manc' or whatever, then so be it. Now that's out of the way...

Chelseas deserve to win the league this season. They are top because they have won the most games, and they'll finish there. They have been the best team in England this season, and fair play to them.

They've spent alot of money over the past 2 years, and that has obviously been a big factor in why they are doing as well as they are. However both Manchester United and Arsenal have both spent alot of money in say, the past 5 or 6 years. That money bought them the players which have achieved the success that both clubs have achieved. Chelsea have just spent the money in a short period that there 2 rivals have spent over a long period. If they were to not spend large amounts of money for another few years then it would be no different. I can't see that happening though, they'll probably go out and spend £100m+ this summer, which then kinda changes things.

As for Mourinho, I think he is over-rated. Sure he's a good manager, and what he did at Porto was outstanding, buthe is not the best manager in the world. Managers such as Sam Allardyce do a better job then what he has done, and in by opinion are more talented then he is. Maybe that's just because i hate the guy, but oh well.

Robben Dives. Just wanted to add that

Also, i think someone said that Liverpool have won the most FA Cups? I might be wrong, but i think that United hold the most FA cup successes. I think Tottenham are second. Might be wrong, though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Makavelli_07]Haha, this thread is great. Sone people are so funny. 'Your too young to have an opinion'... What a fool.

Firstly, i'll start by saying im a Manchester United Fan. I wasn't born in Manchester, and i don't live there. I am a United fan because from a very young age, when i started watching football, everyone i knew supported United. So i did too. I get up too watch them as often as possible, which is only maybe 4 or 5 times a season as it is a long journey. If this makes me a 'plastic manc' or whatever, then so be it. Now that's out of the way...

Chelseas deserve to win the league this season. They are top because they have won the most games, and they'll finish there. They have been the best team in England this season, and fair play to them.

They've spent alot of money over the past 2 years, and that has obviously been a big factor in why they are doing as well as they are. However both Manchester United and Arsenal have both spent alot of money in say, the past 5 or 6 years. That money bought them the players which have achieved the success that both clubs have achieved. Chelsea have just spent the money in a short period that there 2 rivals have spent over a long period. If they were to not spend large amounts of money for another few years then it would be no different. I can't see that happening though, they'll probably go out and spend £100m+ this summer, which then kinda changes things.

As for Mourinho, I think he is over-rated. Sure he's a good manager, and what he did at Porto was outstanding, buthe is not the best manager in the world. Managers such as Sam Allardyce do a better job then what he has done, and in by opinion are more talented then he is. Maybe that's just because i hate the guy, but oh well.

Robben Dives. Just wanted to add that

Arsenal havent spent anywhere near as much as chelsea have in 2 seasons in the last ten years.
    Mourinho is an arrogant d***h88*... I COULD PROBABLY MATCH HIS FEAT WITH 200M...MM

PEACE

ReputationRep:
    Why do I get the impression that more United fans have admitted Chelsea deserve to win the league more than Arsenal fans?

I wondered if Mourinho is overrated or not. But I will let pass to see how well he does for Chelsea during his time there.

ReputationRep:
    If he was to walk away within the next year or so, then the club would struggle. The expenditure at the club probably outways the income at the moment, mainly down to the large wage bill.

However, if he was to leave in say 6 or 7 years time, things would be different. The signing of Peter Kenyon was very important to Chelsea. He will ensure that Chelsea become as globally recognised as Manchester United and Real Madrid are. Manchester United's income is very large due to the fact that they ahve a worldwide fanbase. Given time Chelsea will also build up this, and probably overtake the other 2 sides. Within 4 or 5 years Chelsea will be a Massive CLUB, where as at the moment they have a great team only.

So, it'll all depend on how long it takes the Russian Mob to catch up with him.

ReputationRep:
    Why do I get the impression that more United fans have admitted Chelsea deserve to win the league more than Arsenal fans?

I wondered if Mourinho is overrated or not. But I will let pass to see how well he does for Chelsea during his time there.

Its because he united fans are 3rd and haven't won the league in a dismal 2 years. Also because Arsenal and Man u fans n'entends pas

ReputationRep:
    Messiah: Your right, they havent spent as much money as Chelsea have over the 2 years. I worded what i meant wrong.

What i meant to say was that both clubs have spent a large amount of moeny over a long period, where as Chelsea have spent it in a short amount of time.

NDGAARONDI: Maybe we can just admit to the fact you've been better then us this year? Your still gonna lose on Wednesday, though.

Also, would you say that Mourinho is the best manager in the world?

ReputationRep:
    I think Peter Kenyon will do all what he can to keep Roman happy there.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't happen with Wimbledon did it?
    Or Sheffield Wednesday. Or even the likes of Oldham and Swindon. Blimey - flashbackarama.

ReputationRep:
    Of Course he will, it's best for him to have a Multi-Billionare as his boss. But he will also do all he can to make sure Chelsea are big enough to cope with his loss should he leave.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing how time passes by.

ReputationRep:
    And the Umbro shirts deal is one sign

ReputationRep:
    It's a good move. He is a very clever businessman and would not have bothered to invest money into Leeds had he not felt he could turn it around. I think they'll reach they'll be back in the premiership in a few years.

As for a premiership club being loaned? I'd disagree. You have a premiership fanbase, but that's it. Correct me if im wrong, but didn't you sell your own stadium? And aren't the majority of your players either youth team players, past it 'vets' or loaned players? It'll take you a few years to make it back to the Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Good acting on Bellamys part in that interview but I just dont buy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    I can kind of see what you're saying, but can you imagine Allardyce (definitely a top manager, by the way, along with Curbo one of those 2 should get the England job next) achieving what Mourinho has in his first season in English football? Sure, he's had massive resources but he's sculpted a tight, balanced and very determined squad in a very short period of time. Team spirit can't be bought or manufactured, it's all about how you manage your players. A remarkable achievement for a man so young and relatively new to top-flight management.

Don't pay too much attention to what he says to the press, its irrelevant. Under that slightly arrogant exterior is one of the best coaches in the world (the best, IMO). He's studied players, diets, tactics, man-management, etc. for decades. The people who excel in their arenas are the fanatics, the ones who devote large chunks, sometimes all of, their lives to whatever their forte is. Mourinho is to management what Johnny Wilkinson is to kicking in rugby.

And for the record, I'm pretty objective on this topic, being an Oxford United supporter. We did play Chelsea in a pre-season friendly back in August actually, it was Kezman's debut; he was utter schite and missed about 5 sitters.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was Nike?

If the reports are right, it is the biggest sponsorship fee ever paid. United were paid a fee of £303m over a period of 13 years which equates to roughly just over £23m a year, and i think Chelsea are going to get £300 Million over 12 years.

Just a sign of what's to come. Out of interest, Do you know whether Chelsea have plans to visit either USA or Asia this summer? I know that Kenyon was behind making United both in both of these places, and he'll probably do the same with Chelsea. I know United are heading to Asia this year, i wouldn't be suprised to see Chelsea do the same.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.