Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't get me wrong, he is an outstanding manager, i just believe it is unfair to managers such as Big Sam to brand him the best. They are equally good, if not better. I do however agree with you, im not sure they would acghieve what he is set to. Sam is very good at what he does, whic is operating on a tight budget, at a smaller club. Until he is given a chance at a big club i couldn't tell you whether he would have the same impact.

I know what he says to the press shouldnt matter to me so much, but it does. I've disliked him ever since his first press conference where he stated he was the best manager going. That's disrespectful to others. It doesn't take away from his ability though.

Your right with the team spirit though, He has got the Chelsea team very close and it has been a huge factor in there success. John Terry deserves a lot of credit for that aswell, for as what i read he has helped to get the players close even organising tournaments at his house on a Playstation to build the team spirit, and he leads them very well on the pitch. However, Bolton's team spirit rivals Chelseas. Week in, Week out they go out and give 110%, and i admire them hugely for them.

I think both managers are very similar, both take a very hi tech approach to the game. Boltons set up is renowned as the most technically advanced going. They analyse EVERYTHING. From what i've read, Mourinho likes to do the same, even going as far as working out exactly how some of there goals will be scored against certain opposition.

I'd like to see Sam get a job at one of the top clubs soon. He definately deserves it.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Maybe we can just admit to the fact you've been better then us this year? Your still gonna lose on Wednesday, though.
We'll see. I wouldn't be too worried about the League Cup but the opposition puts a slight different emphasis for now.

Also, would you say that Mourinho is the best manager in the world?
I don't know how well other managers have done so I cannot say either way. Also I saw the pre-match comments on SS1 for Blackburn v Bolton and it was interesting to see Ferguson's, Wenger's and Mourinho's success rates. No idea if these statistics they bring up on TV are available online. Will look for them soon
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I missed the game, except for a tackle by Robbie Savage in the first few minutes. Haha, good too see him stuck in already.

What was the stas on Fergir/Wenger/Mourinho?
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not just that Danni, but I actually did watch a game the other day and his stupid "C'mon!!!!" ... What is that>? Whose he trying to get to come on? Its not as if he has a team to encourage!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is Maria Sharapova still in the competition? It's worth watching for her alone. I though i'd never watch Tennis after the Kournikova retirement, but she changed my mind.

Last round i saw her in she went a set down but won again. She seems to lose a lot of first sets. :confused:
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
we sold elland road and thorpe arch (training ground) and leasing them back for 25 years
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nevermind, Just watched 'shazza' win her QF against Kuznetsova. She looked good even though it was difficult conditions. She's got a good chance of winning, me thinks.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Whose he trying to get to come on? Its not as if he has a team to encourage!
Yeah he had a bit of a spiff with an Agentinean player not so long ago, both of them could've been a lot better behaved :rolleyes: At least he won.
Hazza_CPFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Saw the interview on Sky Sports, but to be honest I don't fully believe either side.

However, I do agree that the first person Newcastle should chuck is Souness, he's absolute crap as a manager - still convinced he's the best player there ever was :rolleyes:.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Although Allardyce, Curbishley (and Dowie ) are excellent managers, you can't compare their success with someone like Mourihno's.

His job involves much more than Allardyce's - he is the face of the most talked about football club in the world right now and has the media wrapped around his tiny Portugese fingers. Yes, he has had a lot of money but he's bringing almost guaranteed success in the first year... very rare that.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What was the stas on Fergir/Wenger/Mourinho?
I've been unable to find them online but it looked at the games they have been manager for in terms of league and Europe and then combined them, then saw which manager had the most wins per game. It went something like Wenger = 59%, Ferguson = 63%, Mourinho = 72%. I only remember Wenger's percentage for sure. So anyone who has seen the stats shown on the game and know otherwise, I'll stand corrected. Of course, stats can be dubious. It didn't look into how many league games of Mourinho's was in Portugal. He said himself that although he won all of the competitions in Portugal, it's much more difficult doing the same in England. It also fails to compare finances too.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Back page of the Daily Mail this mornin says Bellamy is going Think SBR can persuade Souness to give him one more chance ?
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't see why cannabis is a banned substance in football. it shouldn't even be illicit in society for a start.
what do u reckon
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by The Messiah)
I don't see why cannabis is a banned substance in football. it shouldn't even be illicit in society for a start.
what do u reckon
It's still illegal and for that reason it should be banned, there has to be standards set for youngsters - if it doesn't improve performance then why call for it legalising also, what need is there? In parts of America you can still carry handguns but just because it isn't illicit in their society doesnt mean that the MLS will start permitting the use of semi-automatic pistols for each player.
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
It's still illegal and for that reason it should be banned, there has to be standards set for youngsters - if it doesn't improve performance then why call for it legalising also, what need is there? In parts of America you can still carry handguns but just because it isn't illicit in their society doesnt mean that the MLS will start permitting the use of semi-automatic pistols for each player.
it improves certain types of performance.. i.e the diouf effect
The Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it also improves tackling tecnique
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i was so hoping that agassi could beat federer pity it wasn't a classic 5 setter or something.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
i was so hoping that agassi could beat federer pity it wasn't a classic 5 setter or something.
Yeh it was a shame
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Saw the interview on Sky Sports, but to be honest I don't fully believe either side.

However, I do agree that the first person Newcastle should chuck is Souness, he's absolute crap as a manager - still convinced he's the best player there ever was :rolleyes:.
To be fair to him, he was Middlesbrough's greatest ever player (and voted so by the fans loads of times).

Anyone who replies with 'that's hardly a great achievement, is it?' gets a :mad: face
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's hardly a great achievement, is it?...

To be fair to him, he was a good player, I just dont think he can manage. He's not awful tactically, it's just his man management skills are poor. He drives more players away then anything else.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads