Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He made a comment similar to the joke going round about David Beckham not joining Newcastle. Well, he more or less said the joke live on air. I was watching it.

First point - good riddance - hated him

Second point - he made one relatively minor mistake, and his whole life could be ruined. Maybe a slight overreaction but he had a cushty job, easy work, good pay, doing what he loves, working with his friends. And now? Blimey.
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...5/ufnmarsh.xml

My guess wasn't so far-fetched afterall...
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I think it's an overreaction. OK people may have been offended but i'm sure Marsh didn't mean to cause offence.

"The public" are such wimps :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a pity. I was hoping to see if he still persisted with his views that either Arsenal or Man Utd are going to win the title still.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Heartbreaking loss for our Alica Molik:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8800

Oh well, it was a good game, I saw a litte of it today after work, they both played excellently. Davenport didn't win by much, and considering she's World no.1 (female), that's a pretty good effort by Alicia :cool:
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He was definitely the best pundit on Sky - never pulled his punches like some of the others, but it was pretty tasteless to make a joke like that live on air.
MC REN
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bnp membership i think
hams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Yeah, should be very good. If Serena played like she did yesterday she should walk the match. She was excellent, she made Mauresmo look amateur.

I hope Maria wins though, im a big fan of hers.
the only reason Mauresmo lost so badely is because she was injured.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rodney, what a plonker.
andyd_y02
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I was watching it live on Monday night on the Youre On Sky Sports programme. They had been talking about problems in the Newcastle dressing room (craig bellamy refusing to play on the wing etc), and then rodney said "yea and theyre going to have real trouble attracting new players with a repuation like that. david beckham has already issued a statement saying that he wouldnt consider a transfer to newcastle after all the trouble the Toon Army caused in Asia"

No that bad in my opinion it didnt even sound that contrived as they were talking about newcastle anyway. Also he said it in a way that was more making fun of Beckhams lack of udnerstanding of current affairs than making light of the actual Tsunami. To be honest when i ehard it live i thought nothing of it and none of the other presenters passed comment at the time - it was only after the next ad break when theyd evidently got a few complaints over email that he even realised he should probably apologise! then the programme went on as normal again so im prety sure none of them thought hed be in so much trouble at the time.

ah well he hated blackburn rovers anyway: "little northern club"...thatl serve him right.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's a bit of a penis, and, on the whole, talks crap. Always nice to have an excuse like that to sack someone.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
He's a bit of a penis, and, on the whole, talks crap. Always nice to have an excuse like that to sack someone.
I agree with the penis comment.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
"The public" are such wimps :rolleyes:
24th January 2004 (Reuters)...It has been reported that certain Sky viewers have suffered from a heart attack after channel hopping at 11pm. All of the viewers hopped over one common channel, Bravo. Bravo claims it accepts no liability for damage caused by such incidents...
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wont miss him.

i do miss ron atkinson. he's a legend of the microphone
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So who is Rodney's replacement on Gillette Soccer Saturday etc?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool-utd final hopefully. With us winning of course
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
man he was a real joker and a funny guy watch, im sure gonna miss him... gilete socer sunday wont ever be the same
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
.. and make history? I think its pretty overhyped that people are saying they can beat the aussies just because they narrowly beat s.africa who australia thrashed anyway... who do you guys reckon will triump in the next ashes? :bebored: :bebored:

The Ashes: Jun-Sep 2005 5 Test matches
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No way, i reckon it might be a bit closer then the previous 2 years, but the Aussies will triumph. Sure England might have won a few tests but Australia know how/when to play attacking cricket, which wins them games, whereas at times England are way too defensive. Plus comparing the Aussie v Eng teams player by player Aussies come out on top everytime.
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No way. South Africa were fairly crap. How many of our players would get into the Australia team? Probably none of them except Flintoff and Harmison of 2004. Harmison needs to get his amazing form back for us to have chance.
The Aussies hace so much batting in their line up. Gilchrist and below can easily contribute 200 to the teams total while with England, although it is improving, you can not expect Hoggar, Harmy and Jones to provide much.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads