The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9780
Nah.. even with Flintoff and Harmison in full form and playing really well, we'd still struggle. Still looking forward to watching it tho. Maybe if the team continues getting better and better, we'll have a chance in the next Ashes series.
england have no chance!! just look at the series with south africa. there were times where england were in deperate trouble and south africa failed to kill them off...that is one thing australia will do.
england dont have the squad depth. one injury 2 the bowling department and the attack looks weak..whereas australia can call upon players like brett lee and stuart macgill who are proven customers at the top level!
im guessing, it must be a family memeber that has died..if it was some1 close to england cricket the whole team would have worn them!
Hewitt beat Nalbandian 6-3 6-2 1-6 3-6 10-8!! :eek:

...Sounds like it was an incredible game!
Getting very interesting now! ...Down to the semi finals after 10 hard days of tennis... this is how it stands...

Men's singles:

Roger Federer v Marat Safin

Lleyton Hewitt v Andy Roddick

No surprises there, top 4 seeds still left in it... Federer clear favourite, but any of them could potentially win it.

I expect the Hewitt - Roddick match to be a great, close game.

Safin, however, will have to have the match of his life to beat Federer.

Women's singles:

Lindsay Davenport v Nathalie Dechy

Maria Sharapova v Serena Williams

Nathalie Dechy has been the surprise package of the tournament, but it would be somewhat of a miracle if she managed to beat the world number 1!

In the other semi Serena is looking for revenge against Sharapova.... Serena has been pretty impressive so far and Sharapova may stuggle in the conditions... but you can never count her out!
I don't think we can beat them. Having said that, Australia have had their scares against the West Indies.
Reply 9786
id Love to watch the roddick hewitt match does anyone know what time its one. i hop its on at a realistic time!
Reply 9787
as much as i love englang and and much as they've improves i done think they'll win.

one game will be rained off

one game will be drawn

and the score line 2-1 to the Aussies
Makavelli_07
I think they'll reach they'll be back in the premiership in a few years.

How many would you say roughly?
JamieBecks23
Basically we are a premiership team on loan to the championship. Just how long the loan is we dont know.

Not a chance! I don't think Leeds will be back in the Premier League in the next few years.. You can't even keep up in the Championship..!
I do feel for Leeds though, because my team, Everton, have been so so close to getting relegated in the last ten years - I guess we're just lucky! :biggrin:
Maybe he was just wearing it as his shirt or something was coming in the way when he bowled lol...I cant think of any other reason, as he doesnt have anything to protest about in SA.
Davenport looked really tired at the end of the Molik game. If she doesn't recover quickly enough she could struggle.
mc_watson87
Getting very interesting now! ...Down to the semi finals after 10 hard days of tennis... this is how it stands...

Men's singles:

Roger Federer v Marat Safin

Lleyton Hewitt v Andy Roddick

No surprises there, top 4 seeds still left in it... Federer clear favourite, but any of them could potentially win it.

I expect the Hewitt - Roddick match to be a great, close game.

Safin, however, will have to have the match of his life to beat Federer.

Women's singles:

Lindsay Davenport v Nathalie Dechy

Maria Sharapova v Serena Williams

Nathalie Dechy has been the surprise package of the tournament, but it would be somewhat of a miracle if she managed to beat the world number 1!

In the other semi Serena is looking for revenge against Sharapova.... Serena has been pretty impressive so far and Sharapova may stuggle in the conditions... but you can never count her out!

FEDERER VS Roddick with FEDERER winning :wink:

Can't see Federer being beaten, but if he has a poor game against Safin, then he can lose......Roddick vs Hewitt is a tough call, i can't even decide, but Hewitt is fav' since he has home crowd support, but the pressure may get to him!
Reply 9794
I was right!!!

Can't wait for Cardiff :biggrin:
anyone else hating chelsea at the moment the scum bags.
:banghead:
Reply 9796
not really it shows you what a little bit of money can do for a club.... okay, maybe I understated a little money :p:
its not that i dont like chelsea, i jus dont like the way the fans make out that chelsea havent bought their own success.
yes mourinho was a huge factor but i would have loved 2 seen wot he could have done on a limited budget in the premiership!!
i was right aswell, lets jus hope the rest of my prediction comes true!!
Vishpatel
its not that i dont like chelsea, i jus dont like the way the fans make out that chelsea havent bought their own success.
yes mourinho was a huge factor but i would have loved 2 seen wot he could have done on a limited budget in the premiership!!

exactly. no-one can get a player they want if they go into a bidding war against chelsea. take robben for example. like look at everton this year and thats a team that hasnt changed very much since last season and they have lost rooney and thomas graveson