Wanchope Dickov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Can anyone beat the striking partnership of:

Wanchope Dickov
    hahah! :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    from what i understand they were trying to put a cap on how much money nhl players can recieve and most the players are unionised and the union is on strike or something like that. I was talking to sum1 in canada about it l8 last night and have forgotten exactly what was said.
    Just for clarification, all of the hockey players in the NHL belong to the player's union. It's a requirement. The NHL wants to place a cap on how much money teams can spend on salary total, which would generally limit player earnings. The NHL teams locked out the players because the contract between the teams and the players' union expired. The players aren't on strike, the NHL teams just aren't letting them play.

The ridiculous thing is that the players are all willing to take massive pay-cuts to play in Europe this season, but they refuse to take a smaller pay-cut to help keep all of the NHL teams afloat, thus keeping more players' jobs secure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    let's be honest here. prince harry is far hotter than william. and everyone in america agrees. :aetsch:
    Ew, neither is that attractive, IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    You know like Eton fives and harrow fives!
    Its like squash but you dont have a racket you have a padded glove.
    No, i'm sorry, but i don't know. What the hell is 'fives'?

Football, or Soccer as you yanks know it, is by far the best sport on the planet.

I'm going to go with Cheerleading in second spot though. Not sure what it is, but something seems to keep me interested time and time again.

ReputationRep:
    Join the club guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    I think Serena will edge out Sharapova, and then beat Davenport in the final. I just think she wants it more then the rest. Hope im wrong and Shazza wins though.
    Looks like i might be pleasantly suprised.

Shazza just took the first set 6-2. Come on, 1 more set, and i'll be real happy.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. Sharapova just served for the match but got broken and then again to lose the 2nd set. Somehow Serena salvaged the set despite being the poorer player

ReputationRep:
    Oi you aussies!

Did you see Grant off Sunrise put on Nike Tennis gear and pretend to be Lleyton?

Splitting Image, no wonder all those people came up to him. God it was the funniest thing ive seen all year!

ReputationRep:
    Sharapova lost but I cant believe it. I'm not going to say she deserved to win because Serena battled back well after going a set down but I thought Maria was the better player and unlucky not to reach the final :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie_porgie)
    anyone else hating chelsea at the moment the scum bags.

*yawn*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeD)
    I think that every chelsea supporter realises that we wouldn't be where we were without Roman's cash.

Nevertheless, there's more to this current side than money; a top-class manager, fantastic team spirit, an inspirational captain
    I know of one person who actually realises that Chelsea would be as useless as they were a few years ago without all the money they have now. the others come up with a variety of excuses including "well, Manchester United are one of the richest clubs, I don't see you hanging this crap on them" (maybe because they're a consistently decent side?)

personally I can't wait until abramovich gets bored and moves onto another club, and if that means they have to win something beforehand, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    Bernt Haas ?

ReputationRep:
    west indies? that was a odi game.

to compare the ashes to one odi match is both stupid and miscalculated, look how ruthless aus were in their test summer against nz and pak!!

(Original post by Makavelli_07)
    I think if we play to our full potential, we'll push them all the way. Sure, we have been overhyped because we won a series against a less then impressive South Africa side but the Aussies haven't exactly been impressive against the Windies lately. We'd need to be on the top of our game, and them have a fairly dissapointing series. Even if we lose, at least we'll put up a decent fight this time.

If Freddie and Hoggers bowl like they have against South Africa, and Harmison performs like last year we should stand a chance in the bowling department.

As for the batting side, Andrew Strauss has shown on his day he is as good as anyone, and i can see Vaughn hitting some form. It's about time we did.

We'll probably lose by the odd test, though, i think.

ReputationRep:
    id have thought rugby was more popular than the poll implies

ReputationRep:
    before the cash = good, had its own legends like zola in
    with R. Abramovich = better but needed a new manager
    with Mourinho = possible trible, may quad winners - but it'll b hard to do

besides - whoever hates chelsea because they have nearly infinite cash hasnt got a REAL reason - otherwise you should hate man u for buying rooney for £27m and other foreign teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan

also i dont see anyone complaining about Woking FC (conference) and their multi-millionaire owner

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea, despite being a Palace fan, because of the genius that is Gianfranco Zola.

Most Chelsea fans I know are perfectly well aware that it's Abramovich that's put them where they are now, but credit has to go to the excellent Jose Mourihno and the way the team has gelled.

If you want to hate anyone, hate Man Utd and Arsenal fans who now believe it's their divine right to win - I know a hell of a lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    So who is Rodney's replacement on Gillette Soccer Saturday etc?
    george best? the other blokes on the panel...

besides this wasnt his first mistake on air - he did make one a few months back on You're on Sky Sports by quoting a controversal (sp?) book name with the 'N' word in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    0 mate, safin is inconsistant, he only won one slam i think, USA 2000
    Well, as I've said Safin is always there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    besides - whoever hates chelsea because they have nearly infinite cash hasnt got a REAL reason - otherwise you should hate man u for buying rooney for £27m and other foreign teams like Real Madrid and AC Milan
    nobody is pretending Manchester United haven't spent millions on particular players and nobody is pretending Manchester United aren't a rich club, but if you cannot see the difference between Chelsea and Manchester United's respective wealths you're being an idiot.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.